This is the forum area where you can discuss topics related to the Biblical exposure of Greek organizations. All posts are reviewed; if they are offensive they'll be deleted.
Any copyrighted material contained herein is for: criticism, comments, news reporting, teaching, scholarship, and research. All used in accordance with the Fair Use Exception 17 USC 107.
There is a book titled "Pagan Christianity?" by Frank Viola and George Barna that exposes some of the pagan influences on Christianity in the traditional and modern church. I read this book a couple of years after denouncing membership in one of the 9 major BGLOs.
When I considered this information in light of the church, it made me wonder, if pagan aspects can be found in the church, and we are to remain in the church, why should people denounce membership in BGLOs if everything is pagan all around us (money, government, music)?
John 15:19 If you belonged to the world, it would love you as its own. As it is, you do not belong to the world, but I have chosen you out of the world. That is why the world hates you.
Support for Church Membership:
1. The church is an organishm, a living body of Christ.
2. Many churches, though imperfect, continue to worship God based on the uncompromised word of God and with the heart of Christ.
3. Fellowship of the saints was important in the early church and is relevant in the kingdom today.
4. You can be a member of the church without expressing your worship in a pagan manner. You cannot be a fully engaged, active member of a BGLO without supporting one or more of the pagan aspects of the organizations (rituals, name, letters, clothing, secrets, chants, songs, prayers, hierarchy)
Why People Must Exit BGLOs in their Current State:
1. Praise: For fully active members, BGLOs become an object of adoration and praise.
2. Idolatry: Colors, Letters, Symbols, false deities, misapplication of scriptures, chants, (worship) "hymns"
3. Process: The idea that a better life can be had by going through a man-made process.
4. Oath: Pledging a covenant oath to something other than God is blasphemy.
5. Eternity: Many BGLOs claim that there is a special place for all members after death. This also is blasphemy as the membership includes people of multiple religions. The Bible does not condone pluralism. Many religious texts exclude other religions, but this is glossed over for the sake of political correctness.
Common Objections to Denouncing:
1. My organization does a lot in the community.
Response: So does the Red Cross, March for Babies, United Way. Please help them. You are among some of the country's best trained leaders.
2. I found true brotherhood and sisterhood in my BGLOS.
Response: True brotherhood and sisterhood should be found in the church! If the church is lacking in this area, leave your BGLO and help the church get better in that area. Go back to the true vine: John 15:1 - "I am the true vine, and My Father is the vinedresser."
3. It is something that I did a long time ago, when I was in college.
Response: If it is no longer relevant to your life, then why associate? 2 Peter 2:21-22 - 21 For it would be better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than having known it, to turn away from the holy commandment handed on to them. 22 It has happened to them according to the true proverb, "A DOG RETURNS TO ITS OWN VOMIT," and, "A sow, after washing, returns to wallowing in the mire."
4. My parents and/or siblings are members. They might disown me.
Response: Judges 6:25-32 25
That same night the Lord said to him, “Take the second bull from your father’s herd, the one seven years old.b Tear down your father’s altar to Baal and cut down the Asherah polec beside it. 26Then build a proper kind ofd altar to the Lord your God on the top of this height. Using the wood of the Asherah pole that you cut down, offer the seconde bull as a burnt offering.”
27So Gideon took ten of his servants and did as the Lord told him. But because he was afraid of his family and the townspeople, he did it at night rather than in the daytime.
28In the morning when the people of the town got up, there was Baal’s altar, demolished, with the Asherah pole beside it cut down and the second bull sacrificed on the newly built altar!
29They asked each other, “Who did this?”
When they carefully investigated, they were told, “Gideon son of Joash did it.”
30The people of the town demanded of Joash, “Bring out your son. He must die, because he has broken down Baal’s altar and cut down the Asherah pole beside it.”
31But Joash replied to the hostile crowd around him, “Are you going to plead Baal’s cause? Are you trying to save him? Whoever fights for him shall be put to death by morning! If Baal really is a god, he can defend himself when someone breaks down his altar.” 32So because Gideon broke down Baal’s altar, they gave him the name Jerub-Baalf that day, saying, “Let Baal contend with him.”
TEAR DOWN THE ALTARS OF BAAL!