Return to Website

GLO's Exposed Discussion Forum

This is the forum area where you can discuss topics related to the Biblical exposure of Greek organizations. All posts are reviewed; if they are offensive they'll be deleted. 

Any copyrighted material contained herein is for: criticism, comments, news reporting, teaching, scholarship, and research. All used in accordance with the Fair Use Exception 17 USC 107. 

GLO's Exposed Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Who Will Die in 2016?

Are we going to see another death in 2016? Allow me to enlighten you all on a little known fact, but well known in Greek circles. Before the internet craze, hazing was alive and well. It was actually accepted and publicly performed. When people got hurt, many of these incidents never hit the public or media spotlights. Greeks and their culture of secrecy made it all possible.

But what many people don't know is that the lines of communication were wide open. Once someone got hurt, it spread within the group like wildfire. Oftentimes, injuries fell into the lap of students, but even the culture of secrecy on campuses was stifling, one reason being hazing was acceptable, the other, even students had some fear of dropping the dime.

But with the digital age, it's almost impossible to hide. My reason for saying this is that most if not all of these knuckleheads know that people are getting killed and still haze. Also, those who are preparing to join probably know as well, although I would expect it to be less than a member.

So anyone who comes here to read this and is thinking about it, CONSIDER YOUR WAYS!!!!

Join the only True fraternity and sorority that lasts forever, Salvation in Jesus Christ.

Matthew 12 (ESV)
46 While he was still speaking to the people, behold, his mother and his brothers stood outside, asking to speak to him. 48 But he replied to the man who told him, “Who is my mother, and who are my brothers?” 49 And stretching out his hand toward his disciples, he said, “Here are my mother and my brothers! 50 For whoever does the will of my Father in heaven is my brother and sister and mother.”

Re: Who Will Die in 2016?

Suspected Hazing Death
http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2016/02/19/buffalo-college-hazing-death/

The culture of secrecy be at work here.