Return to Website

GLO's Exposed Discussion Forum

This is the forum area where you can discuss topics related to the Biblical exposure of Greek organizations. All posts are reviewed; if they are offensive they'll be deleted. 

Any copyrighted material contained herein is for: criticism, comments, news reporting, teaching, scholarship, and research. All used in accordance with the Fair Use Exception 17 USC 107. 

GLO's Exposed Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Zeta Phi Beta

This message is addressed to any one who is a member or previous member of Zeta Phi Beta Sorority. I noticed that Zeta is the only BLGO that does not show an Idol such as Minerva on the shield(Delta), an image of Skull and Bones (SGRho), or an image of Man upholding the Earth(AKA). Zeta has an image of the Dove turned to the West. The Dove from what I understand is an image of Peace. It seems as Zeta is a true Christian org. basedon other things also (programs, service) Can someone enlighten me. Fall intake will occur soon...

Re: Zeta Phi Beta

How can one base that something or someone is Christian from outward appearance only? You see, it is not what they have decided to leave out, but what they have chosen not to show you. Zeta claims to not only give their light, but do not describe this light as Jesus Christ, The Light of the world. Zeta claims that their dead sorors are the beloved of God. Is this the saved ones ONLY? No it is not. They mean all Zetas. This doctrine of the Fatherhood of God is a misleading and false doctrine. John 1:12 explains how we become the children of God. They also ask you to pledge your loyalty to THEM. I know that your heart is to join a sorority. I have the Zeta ritual and the testimonies of several Zetas in this forum and guestbook which is clear evidence of sinfulness of Zeta. When you join, you will be yoking yourself to sinners. Amos 3:3/I Corinthians 15:33/II Corinthians 6:14-18
Zeta will not be able to fill any void that Christ cannot fill Himself.

Re: Re: Zeta Phi Beta-The ugly reality of pledging

Min.Hatchett-
As a former GLO aspirant, I was surfing and found this at simply greek.com April 5, 2003.
The thread title is:"The Hazing Continues" posted by ALPHA1906. It's a letter from Zeta hazing victim Kim Daniels. This is not God's will for his children. There is one light-Jesus Christ!

"Well this letter is about my experience and a
situation that happened on your very campus but has been kept quiet by school administrators. This situation has even been kept quite by the regional and even national chapters of Zeta Phi Beta. Why was it kept quiet? Who knows? Was it an effort to protect the school or it could even be an effort to protect the sorority? For whatever reason it may have been I believe it is time my story be told. Because something needs to be done about the actions that took place to me. Many of you may or may not have heard my story. Many of you may have heard a story that was made up, but the story I am about to tell you is the truth.
My name is Kimberly Daniels and this is my first and possibly last year at Virginia Union University. I am a junior and the sister of LaToya Daniels. This is my junior year and I have the grades to be eligible for a sorority that I highly respect. My love and respect for the sorority of Zeta came from my experience, while attending Virginia Tech and interacting with the ladies of the Virginia Tech Chapter. I transferred to Virginia Union with the
desire to still become a member of Zeta Phi Beta. I met a group of girls that were members of Zeta at Virginia Union and I decided that I wanted to be sisters to these girls. So I got to know them and I learned to trust them, but little did I know what would happen next. I was beaten so badly by these same girls that I could hardly walk;
beaten so badly I bled; beaten so badly I ended up going to the emergency room at the hospital; beaten so badly that 12 girls on your very campus got
arrested along with two Zeta's who have already graduated. They were arrested on felonious assault,malicious wounding charges, and unlawful hazing charges.
When I decided to pledge Zeta Phi Beta Sorority I did not know the official intake process, because the girls did not tell me. I was not aware of the
letter I was suppose to sign. I was not aware of the time limit set on the intake process. Most of you probably do not even know what I am talking
about. Why? Because they do not mention this to you in the interest meeting.
They don't tell you the rules because they don't follow the rules themselves. And there is no excuse for this. There is no excuse to the reason I was beaten 35 times with a wooden paddle in one
night. There is no excuse to the reason I was choked, hit in my chest, punched in my throat, kicked, and smacked in my face. And I was not by
myself. There were four other girls with me on line, who unlike me don't have the guts to step out and say what happened to them. Maybe like me, they
were threatened not to tell and not to take pictures of the bruises they received. But unlike them I am strong. I know what is wrong. If it is not
legal for anyone to beat me the way I was assaulted, then why should girls my age and younger be able to do it and get away with it?

I know you might be thinking how long was I on line and why did I take it. FOUR! Four days is the number of days I was on line. Four days of verbal and
physical abuse. And on the fourth day when I was choked, beaten with a wooden paddle, punched in my chest, and punched in my neck I decide to walk
away. While it was not easy I did it and I told someone, my mother. I told my mother the abuse I received, and how I tried to walk before it got
to bad and I was beaten worse. It was not easy getting away. There were fourteen Zeta's around me and I was scared. But when I got the chance to
walk away I did and I told someone.

The point I want you to know is it is okay to tell. It is okay to let someone know, because this should not happen to anyone. I decided to let someone know because next year something worse could happen to whoever decide to pledge a sorority or fraternity. This sorority could have been hazing for many years, but up until now they never came across someone like
me. Someone who wanted to be in the sorority so bad, but also had the guts to stand up to them. Slavery is over; I am not a slave who gets beat, and
beaten for what--SISTERHOOD!!! How can I love you and call you my SISTER when you beat me to a bleeding point.

Now I don't know who is on line for any other sororities or fraternities, but you need to know you don't have to take it. If you are thinking about
pledging a sorority or fraternity know the rules. Know what they can or cannot do to you. Know that you do not have to take the abuse because there
are graduate chapters who can come in and take you over if you want to be apart of the organization that bad. Know what I didn't know. Ask questions, cause they won't tell you if y

Re: Re: Re: Zeta Phi Beta-The ugly reality of pledging(cont'd)

The ending line of the previous post of the end of Kim's letter is "Ask questions because they won't tell you if you don't". You have a word limit on our posts, so it got cut off! The original post is public and can be found at simply greek.com. This unfortunately was not made up.

I've heard many justifications from my own mouth and the mouths of others who say they are saved in justifying membership in a GLO. I wanted to join for all the right reasons, but if God is your master, you can't join up with another master. It's not about balance, its not about being able to handle putting the GLO in its place on your life's list of who's first and last, its about God being the only source in your life. A GLO is more than just a community service group, its a binding life-long tie. Also, unlike joining the PTA, there are oaths to be taken that involve statements you make with your lips professing your total allegiance to something outside of God.
I equate that to making my wedding vows to my husband, then dating another man on the side but justifying the relationship because well, "we just hang out and have fun without intimacy--so what's the harm!" Kim's story is one that I keep close by and read it. I wish that I could find Kim and shared Christ;s love with her. She will no doubt bear the scars of the paddle for a long time. If an organization's roots are pure--the fruit will be also.

If you are looking for your place in this life, God has a unique place just for you--its a call that will match no other and his love for you is pure. Please read Jeremiah 28 and 29.

I know what it feels like to want to "fit in"--but God can take care of how you "feel" and replace that with his love and truth. There's so much more to the GLO than meets the eye.Its not just about pretty T-shirts, calls, colors, stepping,networking, old history and community service and God by his usntoppable sovereign power does not want any more souls to be hurt.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Zeta Phi Beta-The ugly reality of pledging(cont'd)

I was aware of this incident and did comment on it somewhere. One can talk free will all you want. She trusted these girls, befriended them. She had NO idea that such brutality would be done to her. I hope Kim finds this website. I hope she calls me. I hope she sees the need to sound the trumpet and that we can help each other do so. I wish she had read my book before deciding to pledge. I thank God for her getting out and exposing these evil individuals. The whole truth of the matter is, "what does not get reported?"

Re: Re: Zeta Phi Beta

What specifically are the unrighteous things that are a part of Zeta's ritual. I have been interested in pledging Zeta grad, but not if their beliefs conflict with my Christianity. Explain, please!

Re: Re: Re: Zeta Phi Beta

They are no different than any other cult. They believe in perpetuating the cause of people through social institutions regardless of what they stand for. Zeta Phi Beta recently endorsed abortion and fornication publicly, yet claim to have a zeal for righteousness. When you claim to be founded upon Christian principles, you have to uphold certain standards. When you allow sinners to join, you invite sin. They sing songs proclaiming that their sisters go to heaven when they die. They claim to give the new soror light from Zeta. If you are believing that Zeta is going to help the cause for Christ, you are wrong. If they are really sincere about being honest, then ask them if you may look through their ritual. When you get to about page 119-145, you will see some of the ungodly things they say. If you want to hear them for yourself, I am just a phone call away. I am also going to have a former Zeta(s) come and post here.

Re: Re: Re: Zeta Phi Beta

Praise God, dear sister for your desire to seek God's heart. I was blessed to have a baby in October and cannot give you everything right now as I am recouping from surgery, but I hope this helps for now. Also, see some of the other posts on this site.

I am a former Zeta who was very active for almost 10 years before God removed the specks from my eyes. To name a few conflicts with the Christian faith:

1. Placing your hand on the bible for rituals and using the bible in situations that have no relevance to God or His Word. Jesus said to take no oath and let your yes be yes and no be no. He also said render to Caesar what is his, and to God what is his.

2. Adjusting the rituals (which are already very non-Christian) to suit the needs of Zetas of other beliefs and sexual orientations. As stated in number 1, the Bible becomes a talisman and a ritualistic symbol (blasphemy) because people who don't even believe in God's Word are basically being told we can change our beliefs to accommodate them. This is the very heart of the Anti-Christ - Universal Unitarianism. Jesus did not come to accommodate, He stated that He came to divide with His truth that will not share the platform with sexual immorality or other religions. There are many homosexuals in BGLO's, a Lesbian Chaplain in Dallas. And before I left they were entertaining allowing transvestite "women", because these organizations are non-profit they cannot so easily discriminate by saying you have to be a natural born woman. While many of the same attend churches - God has specifically given His final answer on ministering to the error of such in love with rebuke and exhortation, not with accommodation.

3. While most organizations claim to be "Christian based" in depth study of the founding and national initiatives reveal the opposite. Zeta, for example has ties to the Nation of Islam, Masonry, and Eastern Star - none of which are of God. Masonry being the foundation for many GLO's believe as long as you believe in a God it does not matter which one. Zeta and Sigma being the first Sorority and Fraternity constitutionally bound are tied to the other organizations through A. Langston Taylor - the founder of Sigma and a co-founder of Zeta along with the Five Pearls. Taylor is from my hometown of Memphis, TN where both Zeta and Sigma are very strong in Membership and National Leadership. A. Langston reportedly went on to join the Nation of Islam. Notice the Million Man March which was heavily supported jointly by Sigma and The Nation. The following quote is posted on many Phi Beta Sigma Chapter websites. "Lastly, many fraternities may have supported the Million Man March in Washington, DC, on October 15, 1995, but only Phi Beta Sigma can lay claim to not only supporting the Million Man March, but being the ONLY Historical African American Greek-letter organization to sponsor it." Also look up Benjamin Chavis, a former minister who is now straddling the fence of Christianity and Nation of Islam and has changed his last name to Muhammad. He is a "notable" Sigma. I am not slamming the Million Man March, I'm just pointing out the corelations.

4. As far as the symbols of the Dove and the light, again tied to Islam and Masonry - they trod dangerously on the blasphemous. Zeta and Sigma claim to be "the light". It might appear to be harmless, but God will not compete with such foolishness. Also when a member dies, they are initiated in the Omega chapter with an elaborate burial ritual performed at the deceased funeral. A ritual that God convicted me not to be a part of. Even in death are opportunities to be a Christian witness to surviving family and friends, and trust me the deceased's GLO is the most irrelevant issue at the time. I have attended services where caskets were decked out with blue and white Paraphernalia and it made me sick to my stomach.

5. The Zeta Sorority song states:
With Fervent hearts we pray for you Zeta each day. You've always stood for the right rather than for the might. We will love you ever and forsake you never. When Zeta calls we'll answer one and all.
Zeta Phi Beta we love you so. Your very name sets our hearts aglow. You're brave and you will see that Zeta Phi Beta means victory.

Now tell me can you willingly ascribe to Unitarianism that states that any God and any belief is acceptable? Can you support abortion, sexual immorality, gender changing, blasphemy? I'm not saying you should hate people, but you should love God's truth so much that you hate sin and not so easily align with things that would be a hindrance to your soul.

What is the reproach DJ? I am interested in hearing what you have to say. You see that DJ. I am acually INTERESTED in what you have to say.

Well Well a topic I love to discuss.
Number one I would like to say to Kim's sister that is horrible and those ladies who happened to be members of Zeta are no longer members.

However I would like to address a couple of misdirected and misguided concepts people have brought up on this thread.

Number 1 - in an interest meeting it is part of the process to let all know that we do not tolerate hazing of any sorts. They were wrong for not letting you know. But in all meetings of that sort it is a requirement. That was one chapter not all of them.
2. Omega Chapter- Sorry denounced Zeta but we have an active Omega Chapter and it is not where you go when you die. Thats a straight lie. Winston Salem State is Home to our Omega Chapter. Since you still have the ritual book read it again!!!!

3. The Sorority song- We'll answer one and all- Yeah it means we will help each other out. Too many times people read too much into what is not there.
As far as our shield goes you dont seem to know to much about the dove- it doesnt mean we think we are the light. If you are a Zeta then you really know thats a lie.

Also when we speak of Beloved of God- Belonging to God yes thats what it means. In any of your so-called Churches when people die you all say of they going to be with God- same concept.

ALso we do not change our rituals to make sure Lesbians feel welcome- it is all the same- WOMEN!!!!!!!

Now just to let everyone know you all are wrong in alot of ways. I cant stress enough how much I feel sorry for what happened at Virginia Union but that is not every chapter. Stop assuming what you dont know!!
I have been a Zeta for 14 years and never have I been asked to worship any idol or the devil for that fact.

What specifically are the unrighteous things that are a part of Zeta's ritual. I have been interested in pledging Zeta grad, but not if their beliefs conflict with my Christianity. Explain, please!

There is nothing unrightous about our ritual. The Bible says study to show yourself approved. So in essence you need to find out for yourself and decide whether you want to join.

Wow. I am amazed at what I just read. It's ashame one has to experience beatings just to say "I'm your sister". Good for the young lady who walked away from the line before it was too late.

Everyone doesn't get beat. I didn't get beat. Whatever happens to you is what you allow.

He's right, it's not all about beatings, but you never know who you're dealing with and you can't go by how they treat you before the process--ask Joe Snell and the young lady who dropped the Zeta's line. Also, it is about what you allow to happen to you, but do you know how you'll get treated if you don't allow certain things to happen to you?--ask the daughter of Dad of A Delta (I can give that web address but I don't have it in front of me right now.) Oh you can go MIP and get the letters but you don't get the love and somebody might even rip your letters off of you IN PUBLIC. SISTERHOOD, scholablah, serviblah.

Be blessed Wendi,
Let God be glorified

My question is when did pledging equate to beating. Beating equates to hazing. There is a difference between pledging and hazing.

When did pledging ever equate to beating or hazing? WHEN PEOPLE LIKE YOU AND THE OTHER DECEIVERS TRIED TO MAKE IT APPEAR TO THE UNKNOWING INITIATE THAT THERE WAS A DIFFERENCE.

The only difference is who will be willing to break all the rules and not tell. The difference now is that public pledging/hazing is no longer an accepted behavior of GLO's.

NOW YOU ALL LIE AT THE INTEREST MEETING, BY SAYING THAT YOUR ORGANIZATIONS ARE HAZE/PLEDGE FREE. THEN YOU ALL GO UNDERGROUND FOR THE BEATDOWN PROCESS.

SEE EVERYONE, PLEDGING AND HAZING WERE USED SYNONYMOUSLY. NOW THESE NEW SCHOOLERS ARE TRYING TO FOOL PEOPLE INTO THINKING THERE IS A DIFFERENCE. THE TWO WORDS ARE STILL SYNONYMOUS.

WHEN IT COMES TO PLEDGING, "WHERE THERE'S SMOKE, THERE'S FIRE." A walk becomes a run, a command becomes a slap, a poem becomes an opportunity to whip out the paddle, a wrong answer to a SIMPLE question becomes total chaos.

Minister Hatchett,

I haven't hazed anyone in my life. Matter I haven't brought a line. So you are talking about someone else, not me.

Since you have not hazed anyone before, this may be why you are having such a hard time understanding why we are speaking of this, but there are those who have hazed. And you know that 99.8% of greeks will not receive true love and bro/sisterhood from their "bros./sis." if they didn't get hazed, which they say "you didn't PLEDGE" "you are PAPER" so if you didn't pledge because you didn't get hazed then they are saying that pledging = hazing. Have you realized that? Check out stophazing.org forum. Maybe 95% think this way, but the other 5% are made up of 3% "paper" if you ask me.

God bless
Glorify Him before He returns... and before you're on your death bed--don't pull that one (lol)

I am a member of Omega Psi Phi Fraternity, which means yes I do know of hazing. I also know of what you would call, "Paper" Bro's (as a matter of fact more than what you would think)who get just as much if not more respect than the ones who were. Case in point, the line the year before I crossed did not get touched by anybody. They went all over the district even rode tripped across country. They were so "OWT" as we called it, they rarely got asked whether or not they pledged. I know where you want to go with this. How do you know that they didn't get touched? It was because I was with them the whole process, right up until crossing day. Next line when I was on again, a majority of my line decided we wanted to be made harder than the line before us. The funny thing was those guys that were not hazed took part in the hazing. After we crossed, we realized that there was noticeable difference between the two lines. The only difference was that we had more stories to tell about what happened to us. I have noticed that it doesn't take all that. Many GLO's keep hazing going out ignorance and stupidity. No fraternity is worth dying, therefore now I'm against hazing. At the last district meeting, I talked to a former grand basileas (President), and he was telling me how the fraternity needed to get back like it was when had pledged over 50 years ago. He said that he had never gotten touched.

Nice response 1omegaman,

I do believe that all of the orgs within the BGLO have hazers, but not all members, or not all chapters haze. But when I post I don't hardly talk about the hazing, I have before , but my thing is: hazing or not the rituals are still conflicting.

No disrespect,
but I will glorify Him

God bless you

PEOPLE LIKE YOU

Minister Hatchett,

Why don't you explain to me what kind of person i am and we will see who is judgemental? You don't know me from Adam.

Mrs. Karrah:

In Nov. `04, you stated:

"1. Placing your hand on the bible for rituals and using the bible in situations that have no relevance to God or His Word. Jesus said to take no oath and let your yes be yes and no be no. He also said render to Caesar what is his, and to God what is his."      

Whoa.....so you're also against this practice being used in courts all across the US of A?? And those procedings, for the most part, have absolutely nothing to do with God either!!      

Interesting....    

Actually, yes I am Galen. I am glad you brought that up. Just becuase America or any other institution does somethig, and by the way there is less and less of that because people don't believe in the Bible - doesn't mean it's right. In the story of Daniel - the requirement was to only pray and bow before the king. And Daniel went home and did what he always did, pray. Just because something is done across the country, doe not make it right. But that's the problem in the western world, the Bible has become more of a talisman. When God is the Word and the Word is with God. WE have become so callous and so ready to have a form of Godliness, but denying the power therein. God said, "I hate your SAbbaths and your new moons..." because of the motives behind some of the "rituals" we do in his name that really have no power.
God Bless

Whole and Hearted,

There is something in my heart that can not believe your story. And if it did happen sorry for you but you must not forget that all chapters do not react like that. I am a member of Zeta Phi Beta and I cannot say that I wasnt hazed because hazing could be anything. But I wasnt beaten. What do you call hazing because is not just getting your ass whipped.

I am a Zeta, I just came off April 3,2005. My membership intake process was just that, a process. I am a devoute Christian and I would never join something that is Satanic. We were read in, yeah I said an oath. An oath to obtain high standards and basically to do what ever for my organization to put it simple. i would never, ever every put Zeta Phi Beta before God. I already knew about the Deltas and what was in their handbook and stuff. That's one reason I dind't want to be apart of them. But in our handbook you won't find such foolishness. I think this site is stupid. People make their own decisions. If they let a sorority or fraternity change their feelings towards God then they probably weren't saved to begin with. I wasn't hazed. We studied our history, learned my probate show and took a test. That's it. No one hit me, told me what to wear, or eat, nothing. Now some may call me "paper" but you can't say that the whole organization satanic cuz of some dumb people. if you have something to say about this then email me at caramel_8302@yahoo.com and we can discuss this later.

Instant Messenger: caramel_8302,4

Sarah Perry do you believe that you're part of the in crowd?

Shame on you Denounced Zeta: I truly do not believe in any of the things that you are saying about my sorority. For example you can't even give a straight answer as to how long you've been a Zeta. At one point you said 10yrs. then you said 14yrs. And to Mr. Hatchett (Whatever you name is) you have entirely to much time on your hands! PLEASE GET A LIFE!!!

Re: in crowd?

Do i feel as if I'm part of the in crowd? What is the "in" crowd. I've never been much of a follower. I didn't go to parties be4 I pledged, I still don't go. I didn't join to go to parties or to be apart of greek shows OR to be part of the IN crowd. what ever that means. I joined to work!!

That's what I thought. What about sisterhood? Don't you want to bond with your Sorors? You don't have to go to parties, but I bet you that they don't deal with you like they would deal with someone so got her butt kicked for 8 weeks. Don't allow people to use you! GLO love members like you...you are not being out, you probably don't even wear nalia unless you're at a chapter meeting or service project, and 9 times out of 10 you would dare approach Zeta you don't know and introduce yourself. Do you know what the in crowd is now? Someone told me once that anyone can become a member, but only a selected few will gain full access. Heck girl I'd suggest that you let the chosen few do most of the work

I pledged Zeta in 1992. I denounced in 2001. I was a Zeta for almost 10 years before I denounced. Had I remained in Zeta it would be going on 14 years now. I have been posting on this site for a few years. I hope that clears things up a bit. You can believe what you want. I don't have anything to prove. May God bless you as you seek His truth.

Actually I wear Zeta stuff everyday, I have a front and back liscense plate. I speak to every Zeta I see. I go to our community service activities in my stuff. So reexplain the "in" crowd thing. No I'm not excluded from nothing. And when we have meetings wewear in business suits anyway so no one wears tee shirts, maybe a zeta pin or something. But your explanation of the "in" crowd is something else that I'm not understanding I guess. And I still love my Z Phi B lol!!!

Sarah- You actually pledged? You're not paper? Then you are a part of the "IN" crowd. Did you ever have to taste any wood, nasty food, greet a Big Sister, etc. Were you ever humiliated by a future soror? I guess the best way to get to know someone is to be humiliated together or by someone. Pledging is a manufactured bond. That is why retention is so hard and reclamation a constant on going process. But if you follow the money, you see why GLO's are so desperate to reclaim their members. They are simply units of money.

"Sarah- You actually pledged? You're not paper? Then you are a part of the "IN" crowd. Did you ever have to taste any wood, nasty food, greet a Big Sister, etc. Were you ever humiliated by a future soror? I guess the best way to get to know someone is to be humiliated together or by someone. Pledging is a manufactured bond. That is why retention is so hard and reclamation a constant on going process. But if you follow the money, you see why GLO's are so desperate to reclaim their members. They are simply units of money."

Fred did you actually read Sarah's post?

Sarah- Congratulations on becoming a Zeta. Remain strong and understand that there are people that want to keep the senseless violence in hazing going on. It is up to us to change this self destructive concept. Remember, everybody can take a butt whipping but few people can put in the work. BGLOs are intellectual legacies whose legacy is in much need of repair. Do your part in repairing it. Once again, congratulations!

thanks omegaman, no I wasn't humiliated, no i didn't have to greet anyone big sister, and HELL naw I didn't tak wood. That's stupid. Like I said before, we did everything the right and legal way. That's why some may call me "paper" but like I say, I DON'T CARE what others think. I didn't join Zeta to care what others think. I joined to work and meet others with the same cause. I wear my nalia proudly and could care less what others thought of my membership intake process. I have the same membership card, the same rights as any other soror. and the other 10 dovely ladies that came in with me, we are close as I don't know what. We all know that we didn't have to go through that to become apart of Zeta Phi Beta Sorority Inc. Thanks

So you certainly do not mind working hard for some proud promoting baby killers?

Are you Saved? If so, would something like this bother you? What are YOU and your 10 sisters going to do? Work that and get back to me. If you can IGNORE murdering babies, specifically Black babies, since you all claim to serve the Black community, then I have to ask where your conscience is. 536,000 BLACK babies per year, and ZETA wants to give a helping hand to this. Read the post; Where is the outcry from the Christian Zetas? If you cannot pull up the link, I will pull it up and send it to you.

So you certainly do not mind working hard for some proud promoting baby killers?

Oh wow aren't we being general. In essense you just said that all members of Zeta Phi Beta have had an abortion. I have never been pregnant in my life so that certainly does not apply to me. And before you ask because I know it will probably be your opening statement in response to me, yes I am a Christian. Actually I am a Christian that believes in free choice. Who are you or anyone else to decide what a person can or cannot do with THEIR body. That is between them and God. Not between anyone made of flesh and blood. Some people don't have abortions just for the heck of it. Some have abortions for medical reasons because they can't safely carry to term and in certain cases of "rape." Lets see If I can make a generalization as broad as yours. What if I said. How can you support this ministry against GLOs when the man who spearheads could possibly be on the dl. Logic: Alot of men of the cloth are on the dl. I bet you would be angry.

Why should I be unrighteously angry about that which is true or untrue? You see, I said your organiztion supports abortion, not every Zeta, even though I don't find that too often either. Would God comdone abortion in a rape situation? YES or NO? You may believe in free choice, but like I said people this is why GLO's need to stay out the moral, ethical, and Christian principled arena. THEY ARE UNWILLING TO MAKE THE TOUGH DECISIONS.
DEFINE ABORTION BLUE DOVE. NOT IN ITS EUPHEMISTICALLY CHANGED FORM, BUT THE ORIGINAL. HAVE YOU EVER EVEN READ ANY PORTION OF THE ROE v. WADE DECISION?
REMEMBER THIS WHEN YOU CLAIM CHOICE- MURDER may be a choice, but it is ungodly. Your body is NOT YOURS. READ I Corinthians 3:16 and 6:15-20. Romans 6:1-22 says it belongs to God or the Devil. SO WE BY FREE CHOICE DO GOD OR SATAN'S BIDDING.
When the over 1/2 million black babies die in this country via abortion, you can proudly say, "it was their choice." As a born again believer, search God's opinion on abortion. God saw life so precious in the womb, that He made no distinction between a young child and a fetus. MAN this and MAN that! No! GOD this and GOD that. You are actually allowing and have allowed flesh to determine your belief in this, not GOD. Read your statement VERY carefully. These are the statements of people you have listened to, so you are guilty of what you tried to accuse me of. A LEGAL RIGHT does not constitute a DIVINE RIGHT, and by thinking it does, you have overstepped your bounds in to god-like stature judging the very right of INNOCENT life to be born.

WHEN YOU DECIDE TO JOIN, THESE ARE THE KIND OF YOKES YOU FORM.

Suprisingly a number of my friends/sorors who have babies and are married - do not believe in abortion. I always say to the pro-lifer- adopt a couple of dozen then holla at me. THere are enough who are not wanted. I do believe that abortion is the right decision in some cases- however stop generalizing until you adopt atleast 12- I dont want to hear your rhetoric. there are 15000 children alone in the state of Georgia without parents because they chose your option. What are the alternatives since your so full of critizism Mr. Hachett? I am not saying everyone should get an abortion - but what I am saying is if you dont like something fix it or atleast make an attempt to fix it. You dont like BGLO's so you got the rituals to expose the evil. You dont like abortion then adopt some children - if not then you have no right to tell someone else what to do.
He who is without sin - cast the first stone! Is that any human being on earth today - I dont think so- when you live in a glass house I suggest you dont throw any stones.

Pledging does not create a fake bond. Tell that to my 27 sorors from undergrad who have actively been in Zeta for the past 14 years. We have and will always have a strong bond- no beating involved!!!! I know for certain they would do anything for me and vice versa- dont twist it as them doing wrong things. I pledged the right way and I experienced firsthand how a pledge process- is a rites of passage for men and women- something we dont have in our community. So please people if you dont know about something dont assume.

technically Zeta 4life if you did not take wood you are paper too. Please do not confuse the non-greeks visiting this page. Help our people make educated decisions about joining this organizations. Tell them it's all about the $$ like Minister Hatchett said. Tell this their Sorors/Frat will ask them what chapter they are a member of before they ask their name. Your chapter name speaks for you so if you're in a hazing chapter others will love you, if you're in a chapter that follows rules you will be disliked and often times ignored...let's tell the truth my talented 10th brothas/sistahs.

Fred:

You stated:

"Yadda, yadda, yadda... ...That is why retention is so hard and reclamation a constant on going process. But if you follow the money, you see why GLO's are so desperate to reclaim their members. They are simply units of money."

WHOA.....!! Hold up there, "buddy"!! Where'd you get that nonsense?? Best believe, you'd better take that back where you got it and DEMAND a REFUND!!  

One of the main reasons college sorors and brothers don't affiliate or affiliate on an "off and on" basis, is financial (i.e. they cannot attend chapter meeting as they are in the process of "paying bills", meeting other obligations that they didn't have while they were students in college, etc.). And, if some of the posts I've read on your site are true, since you joined as Omega in an alumni chapter, you've had the opportunity to know that what I'm saying is true!!

One of the main focuses regarding money is found in one of the issues you constantly raise -- lawsuits. They are bankrupting these organizations. That's why there's a big "to do" over monies. Now....follow that money!

On the personal level, I am always in favor of retention as I'd rather see a brother in the fold, helping the community vs. doing nothing. Often, they assume that the dues are too high and don't become active on that assumption alone!

Once again, Fred.....you've got the wrong answer....yet again!   

SDMLAGL - because my dean and ad were old enough to know what a real process was I will never be considered paper. Paper - only refers to signing on the dotted line, paying money and getting the rituals that's paper. Original term right after pledging becomae illegal. So all the new terms dont mean a thing to me.