Return to Website

GLO's Exposed Discussion Forum

This is the forum area where you can discuss topics related to the Biblical exposure of Greek organizations. All posts are reviewed; if they are offensive they'll be deleted. 

Any copyrighted material contained herein is for: criticism, comments, news reporting, teaching, scholarship, and research. All used in accordance with the Fair Use Exception 17 USC 107. 

GLO's Exposed Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Hazing Question of the Week

I just thought that would be an interesting topic. Hank Nuwer has started a new thing on his website called “Hazing question of the week.” Website- http://hazing.hanknuwer.com/

Last week's question [May 18-25, 2003] was:

What schools have had more than one hazing or pledging-related death?

Re: Hazing Question of the Week

North Carolina Central University had a hazing death in the 1970's. Omega Psi Phi Fraternity.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

I just thought that would be an interesting topic. Hank Nuwer has started a new thing on his website called “Hazing question of the week.” Website- http://hazing.hanknuwer.com/

Re: Another sad hazing story

Woman suing sorority, members over hazing incident

By the Associated Press Published June 24, 2003 RICHMOND, Va. -- A college student who said she suffered severe bruises after being struck with a paddle 35 times during a hazing incident is suing a sorority and 14 of its members. Kimberly Daniels, who was a junior last year at Virginia Union University, filed suit against Zeta Phi Beta and the women in Richmond Circuit Court on Monday, accusing the sisters of "outrageous, willful, wanton, reckless" actions. She is seeking $500,000 for pain, medical expenses and loss of earnings. In the suit, Daniels said the hazing took place four days after she was accepted into a pledge class in February. Her injuries required treatment at the emergency room, she claims. Zeta Phi Beta's national office suspended the Virginia Union chapter following the incident, expressing disappointment that its rules against hazing were broken. Four sorority members were convicted on March 31 in Manchester General District Court on charges of misdemeanor hazing. Charges of malicious wounding were dropped. Another 10 women face assault and hazing charges. They are scheduled for hearings on July 24

Replying to:

Re: Re: Another sad hazing story

I wish Kim had come to this website or read my book before she decided to pledge. Atleast she would have known of all the facts and the harsh reality of the consequences. It's a SHAME!!!!!!!!!!! And we have fools out here who think it's hazing is good. I thank you for making me aware of this post. A Zeta chapter in Florida got in trouble for excessive paddling.

Replying to:

Woman suing sorority, members over hazing incident

By the Associated Press Published June 24, 2003 RICHMOND, Va. -- A college student who said she suffered severe bruises after being struck with a paddle 35 times during a hazing incident is suing a sorority and 14 of its members. Kimberly Daniels, who was a junior last year at Virginia Union University, filed suit against Zeta Phi Beta and the women in Richmond Circuit Court on Monday, accusing the sisters of "outrageous, willful, wanton, reckless" actions. She is seeking $500,000 for pain, medical expenses and loss of earnings. In the suit, Daniels said the hazing took place four days after she was accepted into a pledge class in February. Her injuries required treatment at the emergency room, she claims. Zeta Phi Beta's national office suspended the Virginia Union chapter following the incident, expressing disappointment that its rules against hazing were broken. Four sorority members were convicted on March 31 in Manchester General District Court on charges of misdemeanor hazing. Charges of malicious wounding were dropped. Another 10 women face assault and hazing charges. They are scheduled for hearings on July 24

Replying to: