Return to Website

GLO's Exposed Discussion Forum

This is the forum area where you can discuss topics related to the Biblical exposure of Greek organizations. All posts are reviewed; if they are offensive they'll be deleted. 

Any copyrighted material contained herein is for: criticism, comments, news reporting, teaching, scholarship, and research. All used in accordance with the Fair Use Exception 17 USC 107. 

GLO's Exposed Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Interested in SGRho

Hello Mr. Hatchett,

I found your website on the stophazing website. I have always been interested in becoming a member of SGRho. But whenever I asked questions about the org. I would always get that same old "do my research" spill.

They would always redirect me to their website which only gave basic information like the founders, their motto, their national programs, their mascot, flower, etc. and they would tell me that there are certain books I should read and talk to members on my campus.

I want to know more information than what has been given so that I will know what I am getting myself into.

Any other reputable organization in which one would be interested, would not brush you off like the D9, and make you do your own research, would they? Most send the information so that one can get a feel of what the oranization is about.

That's not what I have gotten from SGRho. I don't want to worship a false god and do other ungodly acts in the name of SGRho or any other organization.

What other things have you found about SGRho, besides their pledge, which I found to be blah, that makes them just like the rest of the D9? What rituals do they perform that would make an outsider think twice about joining the org. Will I have to sacrifice anything or do other demeaning or ungodly acts or rituals in the name of SGRho?

Any information you are able to provide is greatly appreciated. You can email me if you like.

Re: Interested in SGRho

Tiara,

First of all being interested in any organization from the D9, you can expect to be told something like that. If any D9 org just give you the important information, then what is the point of having an interest meeting or intake. In that case any and everybody could be apart of any org if all it took was to pass the whole history book to anyone who is interested.

Lets just say right now you are interested in SGRho and decided on tomorrow that you would like to change your mind. And then decide to join the DST, but then decide to change your mind and would like to learn the history of ZPhiB. Do you honestly think that those organizations are just going let you learn all the information and then you dont fall through with your decision? If you were a founder, would you think that that is exceptable? Then you will be the one with history from all the orgs and still arent a member to either. Do you think that that is right for the members who had to go through the process of learning new information each day while on line?

These orgs have confidential information that only members should know.

I was always told that it isnt about the letters that you wear, its the knowledge that you take in. Because if you dont know the knowlege and history, then you dont know you org.

I found your website on the stophazing website. I have always been interested in becoming a member of SGRho. But whenever I asked questions about the org. I would always get that same old "do my research" spill.

They would always redirect me to their website which only gave basic information like the founders, their motto, their national programs, their mascot, flower, etc. and they would tell me that there are certain books I should read and talk to members on my campus.

I want to know more information than what has been given so that I will know what I am getting myself into.
I will email you tomorrow. If you can, call me. 919/278-8911

Any other reputable organization in which one would be interested, would not brush you off like the D9, and make you do your own research, would they?
Of course they would, this is their mantra. They know that you will only get but so far.

Most send the information so that one can get a feel of what the oranization is about.

That's all you will get is a feel. A feel with no substance of what you are really getiing yourself into.

That's not what I have gotten from SGRho. I don't want to worship a false god and do other ungodly acts in the name of SGRho or any other organization.

But you will HAVE to.

What other things have you found about SGRho, besides their pledge, which I found to be blah, that makes them just like the rest of the D9? What rituals do they perform that would make an outsider think twice about joining the org. Will I have to sacrifice anything or do other demeaning or ungodly acts or rituals in the name of SGRho?

If you chapter pledges, yes you will. If you have no problem pledging your life to or pinning your faith in an organization, then by all means join. If you don't mind becoming a goddess (if you pledge), then you won't have a problem with anything else.

Any information you are able to provide is greatly appreciated. You can email me if you like.

Tiara,

Honestly, what do you expect? Let's use the common sense God gave you. You are not a member of Sigma Gamma Rho Sorority so why do you think that you are entitled to information other than the basic information? What do you want to know? Information that is only privy to "members"? Become a member and you will find out.

Tiara, I am a member of Sigma Gamma Rho and if you have questions that you cannot find the answers to on our websites, please ask me directly. Fred Hatchett is not a Sigma Gamma Rho, and any information that HE can give you is essentially information that YOU can find yourself because at this point, your both in the same boat...NOT members of S.G. Rho! If you and your best friend were drowning in a pool would you ask your friend how to get to shore? Apparently not since neither of you know how to swim. Ask a swimmer and get your answers!! I'm available!

Instant Messenger: ladysigma,3

young lady I think the only reason you gravitate to minister hatchett and not the ladies of sgrho is because he's the only one willing to talk to you a half a day about what he THINK he knows. no real memeber of anything is gonna spill the beans to somebody they dont know if they really wanna join or just being plain nosey. do you tell people that are not in your family everything that goes in in your house? if you say yes then maybe you need to check yaself. don't belive that just because minister hatchett has more than 5 minutes of conversation for you that everything he says is gold. he only gives out so much info because it pasifies those that cant get the answers THEY want from the real memebers. he feeds off of that and then tell you half truths. no one person has all the answers and its obviously clear this man thinks he does. im not gonna judge his call to the ministry but honestly do you think God is gonna have someone stress this topic ALL DAY AND NIGHT when we got more serious issues in the world than this?

Oh that was just so, so wonderful. Some of you all just don't know how much you let the devil use you and then you say things as if your response is in Jesus' name. That was very impressive, sounded good, and could make a person think...UNLESS, they consult with God. See, the Bible tells us that even our own heart is deceitful (Jeremiah 17:9) and that we must not have faith in the wisdom of man, but the power of God. So my advice is that one takes things into consideration and then take it to the throne of God and let Him have the final and only say as the Supreme Authority in our life.

And just for testimonial purposes, I was an apirant of Delta, very strongly, I justified, compromised, and denied anything bad that I heard about Delta and even told myself "ain't nothing or nobody gon' stop me from being a Delta", I had letters of recommendations lined up and a chapter considering me, but I prayed all the way through, being in denial at first, but I kept praying until I finally and trutfully asked God to help me to HEAR, ACCEPT, AND OBEY. And guess what sweetie, He did use Min. Hatchett, but it wasn't what Min. Hatchett said, but what God was urging in my spirit and telling me as I had finally decided to be open to hear the truth even if the truth is a YES this stuff is true and NO you can not join. How much do we really love God, do we love Him enough to say "if you, God, says that this is wrong, then no matter how much I want this or love this that I already have, I'll let go, I'll take up the whole 350 lb. cross and follow you, I won't just open the door and let you in the living room but you can take over the whole house--I love this but I love you more and I'll show you by sacrificing what I love so much" Remember, Jesus said, "if you love Me, you will keep My commandments" (John 14:15).

The elder in my church who denounced Delta, which I later found out after my quest for Delta was over, once said that "until that have been BAPTISED in the Spirit, they won't hardly receive the truth" On Oct. 3, '04, having not heard her say that yet, I was baptised in the Holy Spirit with the evidence of speaking in tongues and early November I decided to really hear God and allowed Him to COMPLETELY take away my DESIRE for Delta. I discovered that there is a difference between FEELING the Holy Spirit and being FILLED with the Holy Spirit. I encourage all to seek the baptism of the Holy Spirit and His guidance in making decisions because sometimes we don't recognized how deep some things could effect us spiritually--someone asked why would God have you to minister all day and night (over exaggerating) about this, well think about it, why would He? Is it that important?

Seek Him, but when you go to His throne don't have in mind what God's answer is when you haven't really given HIM the chance to answer....Why ask God something if you're not really going to let Him answer, don't really want to hear His answer, and won't really accept His answer? This is why I had to learn to ask Him, when it comes to decision making, to help me to HEAR, ACCEPT, AND OBEY....AND Obey. Sometimes we go before the throne always running our mouths, say few words and let the Lord speak. Glory to God, the Most High God, real true and living God above all, and there is none like Him. HALLELUJAH!!!!

God bless you all

im not gonna judge his call to the ministry but honestly do you think God is gonna have someone stress this topic ALL DAY AND NIGHT when we got more serious issues in the world than this?

Let me ask you a question: ALL ABOUT BUSINESS.

Why do you read or bother to post messages on this forum if God is not gonna have someone stress this topic ALL DAY AND NIGHT when we got more serious issues in the world than this????

STOP READING AND POSTING if you got more serious issues to stress!!

If you are truly interested then these are things you need to take up with the org. you are interested in. I am a memeber of I-Phi-T and I was told some of the samt things when I was an interest. But, when I wasn't satified I sat down with the Bros from the chapter at my University, adn I even met some of the graduate at an scholarship event they were having. As for this site as a whole I may not agree with what you have to say but I will defend your right to say it with the acception of you putting rituals on the net. I wonder you would feel if somebody dedicateda site to your family history putting all of your secrets out there. Not saying that all of them are bad but its just not right

Like I said to you before in another post Ms. Donna in another post. I'm usually at work when im on here. Im not for or against anything anyone on here has to say, I just post my opinion and move on. When I log off this site You,minister Hatchett and nobody else on here is my main topic of conversation. However I am sometimes interested in reading the responses people post on here. I feel as if I am well with Christ. And you,minister hatchett, and nobody elses denouncing of their orgs matters to me. At the end of the day I love you all and you all are my family in Christ Jesus wether you like it or not.

Donna, do you honestly thinks that this man sits here 24/7 and posts and read ALL DAY AND NIGHT. You all are talking like he's here non-stop and if that's the case then how would you know FOR YOURSELF unless you were hear ALL DAY AND NIGHT. When God gives you a ministry you BETTA put your all into it until God says that's enough or not that much. Think about this, you all probably made up your mind but there are many more to come who are acutally really seeking what God has to say and may feel that God has lead them here to be ministered to by one of God's who has testimony from experience and given this ministry by God. Let God be glorified!

Respectfully, Me.

Hi Me::

I hear your point and agree with you. One small thing, allaboutbusiness is the one that stated Hatchett is here all day and night with no other serious issues to deal with. I was defended that point; therefore, if I understand your statement correctly we are in agreement.

I don't think anyone spends too much time on this forum. I was just responding to allaboutbusiness.

Thank you Donna for clearing that up. Truthfully, I did just skim through the post, SOMETIMES I don't get a chance to just sit down and read the posts completely.

Thanks again, God bless.