Return to Website

GLO's Exposed Discussion Forum

This is the forum area where you can discuss topics related to the Biblical exposure of Greek organizations. All posts are reviewed; if they are offensive they'll be deleted. 

Any copyrighted material contained herein is for: criticism, comments, news reporting, teaching, scholarship, and research. All used in accordance with the Fair Use Exception 17 USC 107. 

GLO's Exposed Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Help Me Out Here

Wow!!!! There is so much hostility here. For those of you who are currently members of BGLO's just by reading the hostile responses make me very weary of being a member of your organization. For someone like me who is considering pledging this really makes me wonder if the bonds of love that the sisters/bro. claim to have toward one another is real.
Is Minister Hatchett wrong for bringing forth information about the organizations. It is my understanding that Knowledge is a necessity for Godly living. Jesus said "You shall know the truth and the truth will make you free" (John 8:32) God also said "My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge. Because you have rejected knowledge, I will reject you from being my priest. Since you have forgotten the law of your God, I will also forget your children" (Hosea 4:6) So to me it seems that according to GOD's word knowledge is vital. It is also my understanding that a lack of knowledge is spiritual slavery to Satan.
So my question to you members of Greek Letter Organizations is: What do you really stand for and why should I become a member of your organization?
Help me out here!!

Re: Help Me Out Here

Considered Pledging,

It's good to see that you're steeped in the word. Two things as far as your post is concerned:

1.) Why should you become a member of my organization? I can't help you on that one. I don't recruit people to my BGLO. Never have....never will. It ain't for everybody. Either you want to pledge or you don't. Over 20 years ago I wanted to and I did it. No one recruited me or told me why I should become a member. On the other hand, I do recruit people to Christ, so we can talk about Him all day long!

2.) If you think the responses from BGLO's are bad (and some are), then read some of the comments from Minister Hatchett that elicted those responses. As I stated before on another post, just as the White racist will call you out of your name and then use your potentially angry response as an example of "how violent and out of control all Blacks are", so does Min. Hatchett throw out some very ugly rhetoric toward BLGO's and then use some of the more vitriolic responses as an example of "how all of us act". I've been around a few years, so I know how the game is played.

My advice to you is, if you have an hesitancy about pledging into a BGLO and the spiritual implications of it, then by all means, DO NOT do it. However, do me two favors:

* Keep living your life for GOD through His son Jesus Christ and keep strong in Him each and every day, and focus your considerable spiritual gifts, skills, and talents on the more serious issues that face the African American community and...

* BGLO's are definitely not immune from spiritual scrutiny and criticism. I have no problem with that. But please think long and hard before "harshly" questioning the salvation experiences and committment to Christ of BGLO members who are Christians, as some have been prone to do on this site.

Thanks! Keep the faith!