Return to Website

GLO's Exposed Discussion Forum

This is the forum area where you can discuss topics related to the Biblical exposure of Greek organizations. All posts are reviewed; if they are offensive they'll be deleted. 

Any copyrighted material contained herein is for: criticism, comments, news reporting, teaching, scholarship, and research. All used in accordance with the Fair Use Exception 17 USC 107. 

GLO's Exposed Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
1 2
Author
Comment
Christians in BGLOS

I am a deacon at my church; I am also very active in the alumni chapter of KAY. At my church, we have members that are AKA's and SGRHO's who are active in the church. In my graduate chapter, we have 2 ministers that are active. You can be a christian and a member of a BGLO. I think that you are ignorant in the knowledge of the organizations. The BGLO's were founded on Christian principles. Read Black Greek 101 by Kimbrough.

Instant Messenger: cptnupe2001,4

Re: Christians in BGLOS

Kimbrough admitted to demonic activity in BGLO's. He could not answer the question posed to him concerning why the problem facing BGLO's in the next two decades would be homosexuality, SEEING THAT THEY ARE SUPPOSED TO BE FOUNDED UPON Christian Principles. All he could say was, "that's a good question". So I believe it is you who are ignorant about some things, if this is your prremise or justification.

I think that you need to wake up. When I was interested in pledging as an undergraduate, I was told that I based my self-worth on whether I made line or not. I am active in the church and fraternity. Also, y'all miseducate folk.

Christian principles does not involve eating food prepared by the gods, or being under the shadow of Minerva and in her grace, or praising, honoring and revering your organization.

or pledging your heart, mind, and strength to an organization..........

Amen sista!

I did find this argument so interesting for awhile but the more that I review my own ritual and have an OPEN and honest dialogue with other Greeks...For instance the whole "In the Shadow of Minerva" has some symbolism that NOBODY on this site has revealed and until a CURRENT ACTIVE DELTA speaks...I cannot see where you are going...Now having sat at the feet of some of the OLD HEADS to ask more for myself...it confirmed you can read "IT THE FOOD OF THE GODS" but what that means to an Alpha Man has very little to do with worship of any God...and what I found more interesting...The stuff that you don't reference is that reference to our Founders love of God...AGAIN THE OUTSIDE WILL NOT KNOW WHAT...

I can now only with heart and conviction of thought through prayer tell you that you are wrong about Alpha and off about Delta and your AKA interpretation....Have these FORMERs gone and talked to OLD MEMBERS or did they just pledge, or MIP and accept their ritual on face...Donna...Ol School AKA upon me just asking the question about Atlas laughed and said "Only a true IVY knows which way to grow towards the light" adding it was wrong...I don't what that means for you but another AKA basically said translated unless you FOLLOW Ethel and co. words and IDEAS hand and hand you will miss out on the real. Same here in the HOUSE OF ALPHA

Follow the words of who? This is exactly confirming what I have said all along. That light is not God's light. As for the founders following God; then why did they choose fables to teach their initiates, when they knew the truth? Why do GLO's have people partake in idolatry and wicked sacrifices?

Vpierce!!!!!!!! If you really believe someone is going to tell you true meanings to their secrets, you're mistaken. You're not even sure if you know the truth about your own organization or the ones you mentioned if you are not a member of any.

VPierce,

There is NO reason why Christians to all put their minds together to come up with the bright Christian idea to decide to place a FALSE god as the symbol of strength, power, and unity, or anything more regarding symbolism of their organization!

They should have known what they were doing. The scriptures used in the rituals are just their own way of covering and justifying their wrong--to make them feel that adding those ungodly things were okay. AND IF they didn't know that they were wrong YOU NOW KNOW! What are you going to do now?

God bless you

Minister Hatchett posted:

Kimbrough admitted to demonic activity in BGLO's. He could not answer the question posed to him concerning why the problem facing BGLO's in the next two decades would be homosexuality, SEEING THAT THEY ARE SUPPOSED TO BE FOUNDED UPON Christian Principles.

Now Hatchett I know you dont wanna go there. I KNOW YOU DONT WANNA GO THERE! Now as a minister just like myself I know you know that the majority of these ministers of music in the church are GAY AS THEY COME! Most of them flaunt it like its not even a problem. I was just at a Gospel music workshop last week and I thought I was at a gay club...LOL! Now if homosexuality is gonna be a problem in GLO in the next two decades(which I highly doubt is true)then the church already has a headstart. That popular guy who wrote that book brothers on the Dl or whatever its called even said when he was looking for a gay mate, he didnt go to the glos that you hate oh so much, he said he gos to the churches that us Saints love oh so much. Now with that being said, if you're gonna sway people to believing glo's are wrong you need to stick with the accusations of the rituals being satanic cause using the homosexuality thing you have no solid leg to stand on. And somebody may bring up the gays in the ministry against you as a posing point.

You're on the wrong board....this board is for the destruction of Black Greek Organizations.

Follow the words of who? This is exactly confirming what I have said all along. That light is not God's light. As for the founders following God; then why did they choose fables to teach their initiates, when they knew the truth? Why do GLO's have people partake in idolatry and wicked sacrifices?

Vpierce!!!!!!!! If you really believe someone is going to tell you true meanings to their secrets, you're mistaken. You're not even sure if you know the truth about your own organization or the ones you mentioned if you are not a member of any.

I guess this is where I do get a little offended...Someone who chooses to serve the community is not to be admired and their example is not to be modeled. When I say follow the words of Ethel and co. I refer to creating a sisterhood to improve black life

Founders using fables...Minister Hatchett I can respect your zeal but pick up ANY group or leadership or teaching text and they use the fable to illustrate concepts and ideas.

Next I find interesting that you are the ONLY person that can have deep discussions with the renounced members about issues...So ALL of your knowledge is coming from your intepretation of the rituals since"Vpierce!!!!!!!! If you really believe someone is going to tell you true meanings to their secrets, you're mistaken. You're not even sure if you know the truth about your own organization or the ones you mentioned if you are not a member of any." I can speak 100% certainty about anything in life except my love of God, Jesus, and the holy spirit. I do what you do...I read, I ask, I discuss, I debate, I pray and start again each day (Do you like the poetry of it) what continues to be interesting to me is that your methods which give you so much insight cannot be done by somebody else? Do you think that's odd like while I can respect you. You cannot give me ENOUGH credit to do the same activities that you are doing that same respect as a man and human.

Coming from a white GLO focus, I know that we do not worship false gods and I would like to know where the idea comes from. These Black Greeks are right, the organizations are founded on Christian principles, why do we choose greek mythological figures and not Christian figures? It was a big ideal in the older days as a literary focus in many glos. No where do they say in any ritual, "worship this god for in it is salvation", you can talk about eating to..., being under the grace of..., or any other thing you want. It still remains that salvation in a false god is not implied anywhere.

Instant Messenger: Tkemankm454,4

"Founders using fables...Minister Hatchett I can respect your zeal but pick up ANY group or leadership or teaching text and they use the fable to illustrate concepts and ideas."

There is a difference between illustration and practice vs. indoctrination and brainwashing.

Maybe is regional thing and maybe we in the Midwest ain't quite right but I was initiated and taught not indoctrinated and brainwashed.

VPierce06
Thank you for your response. I know exactly what you are referring to. However, I choose to follow after Christ. He is my guide.

As for my (sorors) sisters in Christ who "translated" things to you, please tell them, "the light that shines in me can NEVER burn out, because it is the light of Christ!"

Do me a favor and pass that message along.

The only one I need to remain in is CHRIST!
Here's the line.....................................
Holiness is one side and hell is one the other.

on

you can talk about eating to..., being under the grace of..., or any other thing you want. It still remains that salvation in a false god is not implied anywhere.
Email: Tkemankm454@yahoo.com

YAHOO: Tkemankm454

This is so..... Even if salvation in a false god is not implied, the things mentioned are STILL ungodly. Do you really think that the devil would be that stupid to influence putting salvation in or through a false god in these rituals? Then Christians would see it from the beginning and may choose not to join. No offense, but, duh! the devil is the father of lies and lies are deceitful. Are you getting this? And one other thing: there are some differences (as well as similarities) between white and black glos and if you don't have any rituals from these orgs you shouldn't be trying to defend them. We speak these things from what we know to be in the rituals, if you don't have the rituals how can you come against what we say just b/c a member tells you that they go to church?

God bless you anyway

This is so..... Even if salvation in a false god is not implied, the things mentioned are STILL ungodly. Do you really think that the devil would be that stupid to influence putting salvation in or through a false god in these rituals? Then Christians would see it from the beginning and may choose not to join. No offense, but, duh! the devil is the father of lies and lies are deceitful. Are you getting this? And one other thing: there are some differences (as well as similarities) between white and black glos and if you don't have any rituals from these orgs you shouldn't be trying to defend them. We speak these things from what we know to be in the rituals, if you don't have the rituals how can you come against what we say just b/c a member tells you that they go to church?

God bless you anyway

Ok. I think I will respond to this one. First of all, how can you say something is ungodly when you have no experience in what it is? You may have experience with your former GLO but when it comes to others, you really dont know and shouldnt know.

Second, I have many black greek friends, we dont discuss their ritual, because that is private, but I do know that they are in fact some of the most committed Christians I know.

The sad fact of the matter is that a GLO is what you make it. You can make it good or you can make it bad. The people in it are responsible for each other and keeping them on the right track.

I know for myself and if minister hatchett had examined my ritual, he would know that I have never in my life given myself to apollo, we dont teach that all fraters go to heaven when they die, we pray to God, the Father. So we take in non Christians, so what?? He can call me to discuss this.

Instant Messenger: Tkemankm454,4

I know for myself and if minister hatchett had examined my ritual, he would know that I have never in my life given myself to apollo, we dont teach that all fraters go to heaven when they die, we pray to God, the Father.

Rob, my goodness, don't you hear yourself?! WE, WE , WE...YOUR organization doesn't do those things. And as you said you know nothing about the rituals of these other organizations. HOW ARE YOU DEFENDING WHAT YOU KNOW NOTHING ABOUT? What? b/c there are Christians in these orgs.? Is that it? There are many "Christians" who live how they want to yet they claim that they are Christians (as if saying it has some validity) and still do all manner of evil. We can say what we want to but it's how we live and our relationship with God that reflects what we say. And good works don't get people into heaven; JESUS said that we must be born again (restarting our lives in the spiritual, becoming a new creature in Christ, with a new mind) which is not the same as getting saved (to confess with your mouth and believe in your heart). People get saved and stay a babe in Christ b/c they think they're in there now and never take the next step to truly take up their cross and follow Christ and become a NEW CREATURE in Christ.

What makes the greeks you know out to be real and devout Christians as you say? Keep in mind, REAL Christians (faith and works) won't justify or compromise unholiness and ungodliness for temporary worldly satisfaction.

God bless you

Nice discussion Minister Hatchett. I am an active member of a fraternity. I have had a line brother denounce the fraternity and become a great minister. I may disagree with you but I do see the point of having all sides of a discussion presented. Will say for the record I was "made" the old way(hazing etc)and don't regret it.I have reflected on the process when facing a difficult task during other times of my life. I do regret anyone who has lost life or been emotionally scarred in anyway in this process.
Take Care

You can also be a Muslim in a BGLO as well. I'm a Zeta who just recently converted to Islam. (No not NOI) A lot of these claims I think are from the outside looking in. If it's the other way around i.e. the denounced Zeta, I think it may be from a personal choice or bad experience. All in all though, I can still fufill my 5 pillars while at the same time, be a Zeta. (Don't dare attempt to tell me what you THINK you know goes on in my chapter meetings, because you don't know unless you're actually there.)

Justice Cee 103

You have really truly just tuned in and have NOT browsed the site. An ex-Zeta has been posting on here for a while now and her reason was not because of some bad experience it was wholy the move of the Holy Spirit! And what makes your post so irrelevant is the simple fact that you are not a Christian. This ministry exposes darkness that is against God's will, Word, and way to the Christians. There is no way that you can say this is wrong if you don't live by the same commandments. Nobody is talking about whether or not you can still live by the pillars of your organization and still be in whatever religion--it's more about how you can't be a Christian and be tied to, yoked together with, in convenant with ungodliness, idolatry, and compromise. So your understanding will be limited if you have not accepted Christ and are now trying to live for Him because He has no room and reason to convict you. And if you WERE a Christian that is just as bad because it shows that you did not learn anything individually and did not grow in a relationship with Christ, and seriously did not grow in learning His Holy Word: The Holy Bible, we see this b/c if you were the thing is now that you aren't anymore and now live as a Muslim.

Justice, let me tell that the Word of God says that there is no other name other than the name of Jesus that man can be saved. And the whole icing on the cake is that many religions have a doctrine, a god, and a way of life and the people may strongly believe it--But only Christianity has that one thing that separates them from the rest-------THE HOLY SPIRIT, which is proof of the entire Word of God and no other religion gives any other proof besides their written doctrine.

God bless you
"seek HIm while He may be found"

"You have really truly just tuned in and have NOT browsed the site. An ex-Zeta has been posting on here for a while now and her reason was not because of some bad experience it was wholy the move of the Holy Spirit!"

And you missed the part where I also stated it could have been a personal decision.

"There is no way that you can say this is wrong if you don't live by the same commandments."

If you realized the many similarities within both Islam and Christianity, you'd see that my comment is indeed relevant. How much about Islam do you know about to say that I don't live by the same commandments as Christians do?

"it's more about how you can't be a Christian and be tied to, yoked together with, in convenant with ungodliness, idolatry, and compromise."

So you can't be a Christian tied to compromise? Interesting.

"And if you WERE a Christian that is just as bad because it shows that you did not learn anything individually and did not grow in a relationship with Christ,"

You don't know the true reason as to why I converted to Islam. I'm not for worshipping Christ and I only need a relationship with God, not any other prophets. All revelations from any prophet is considered GOD's Word, which is infinite in learning. Therefore, you and I both should still be "learning his word."

"Justice, let me tell that the Word of God says that there is no other name other than the name of Jesus that man can be saved."

That depends on what you mean by "saved." However, I'm not going to go into a religious argument with you seeing as you worship Jesus and I worship God.

" But only Christianity has that one thing that separates them from the rest-------THE HOLY SPIRIT, which is proof of the entire Word of God and no other religion gives any other proof besides their written doctrine."

What proof? And you obviously haven't done much research to make a statement saying that no other religion has "the holy spirit." You are wrong. And I'm assuming you mean the Bible when you say "word of God." I have a word that may give you second thoughts about the "entire word of God" thing. Ever heard of Apocrypha?

Justice Cee 103

Justice,

I spoke on how Jadyn's decision was the result of a move from the Holy Spirit.

And if you are not a Christian, regardless of whatever similarities Muslim have (which I do know), you still don't live by the same commandments and are NOT LEAD BY THE HOLY SPIRIT.

And Christians CAN NOT be unequally yoked with any form of ungodliness, idolatry, or compromise. You mentioned that it seemed interesting huh? I suppose you're looking at the FACT that some Christians ARE tied to those things listed, but that does not means that they are given the APPROVAL (from God) to do so and are yet given COMMANDMENTS not to do so. And just as all Christians do not obey God's Word, neither do people in other religions, but the devil wants to make the truth look bad and hypocritical that's why we're put out there so much more---it's kinda a compliment and confirmation of what the truth is.

Before you keep posting, I wish that you could understand that because you are not a Christian you are not exactly understanding the things that I keep trying to say.

I'm not trying to be rude, because you are surely welcome to ask questions to better your understanding, but that's not what you're doing--you are trying to tell a Christian what's right for a Christian and it's coming from the mind and understanding of a Muslim.

I can't say anymore, there's too much to say and no offense but I still don't think that you will get.....

Respectfully,
Me

I need a Christian to tell me how you can, as a Christian, seek GODLY COUNSEL or ADVICE from someone of another religion and if it makes any sense.

"I spoke on how Jadyn's decision was the result of a move from the Holy Spirit."

But you also said "it wasn't a bad experience" as if I said it was why she denounced her membership.

"And if you are not a Christian, regardless of whatever similarities Muslim have (which I do know), you still don't live by the same commandments and are NOT LEAD BY THE HOLY SPIRIT."

State a few of the commandments other than being lead by the "holy spirit" that you live by and I'll confirm which of those commandments that muslims also live by.

"And Christians CAN NOT be unequally yoked with any form of ungodliness, idolatry, or compromise."

Neither can Muslims.

"You mentioned that it seemed interesting huh? I suppose you're looking at the FACT that some Christians ARE tied to those things listed, but that does not means that they are given the APPROVAL (from God) to do so and are yet given COMMANDMENTS not to do so."

First off, you said tied to compromise as if you're opposed to making a compromise when needed. And you're making this whole thing seem as if God didn't give us free will. If we needed approval for every breath we take from God, the world population would probably be in sky high ranks.

"And just as all Christians do not obey God's Word, neither do people in other religions, but the devil wants to make the truth look bad and hypocritical that's why we're put out there so much more---it's kinda a compliment and confirmation of what the truth is."

So being a member of an organization is the devil's work? Well shoot, I guess I shouldn't have played with my college bball team, seeing as that is also recognized as being an organization. Matter of fact, maybe some of these other organizations that operate similar to greek orgs i.e. these so-called orgs formed to expose greek organizations, shouldn't even exist. Talk about devil's work.

"Before you keep posting, I wish that you could understand that because you are not a Christian you are not exactly understanding the things that I keep trying to say."

You must not forget that I used to be a Christian myself and I understand very well what you're trying to say. I mean I already understood the fact that you and other DGG bandwagoners like to twist up peoples statements and facts. i.e. Saying Zeta supports abortion.

"I'm not trying to be rude, because you are surely welcome to ask questions to better your understanding, but that's not what you're doing--you are trying to tell a Christian what's right for a Christian and it's coming from the mind and understanding of a Muslim."

Not exactly. I mean it's not like I just came out of the wood works like this site and said going greek is the devil's work when I know it's not.

"I can't say anymore, there's too much to say and no offense but I still don't think that you will get....."

That's too bad.

Justice Cee 103

State a few of the commandments other than being lead by the "holy spirit" that you live by and I'll confirm which of those commandments that muslims also live by.

One of my points exactly. You have a lot of similarities in Muslim with Christianity, but why'd you say other than the Holy Spirit (not "holy spirit")? Maybe it's b/c that is, like I said, the one thing that separates Christianity from all others; the PROOF OF OUR DOCTRINE!

And so far as how you used to be a Christian, refer back to what I said in my earlier post.

"One of my points exactly. You have a lot of similarities in Muslim with Christianity, but why'd you say other than the Holy Spirit (not "holy spirit")?"

Because the only difference that is basically recognized is that in Islam, we don't live in commandments through niether Jesus nor the Holy Spirit. It is only through Allah and Allah only. Now I say again, state some of the commandments other than the "HOLY SPIRIT" in which Christians live by and I'll confirm which of those that Muslims also live by.

" Maybe it's b/c that is, like I said, the one thing that separates Christianity from all others; the PROOF OF OUR DOCTRINE!"

You can have a doctrine and say it's proof of your believe, but everything in that doctrine cannot be proven also. That's why I said "Apocrypha."

"And so far as how you used to be a Christian, refer back to what I said in my earlier post."

I did. I also had a response.

Justice Cee 103

" Maybe it's b/c that is, like I said, the one thing that separates Christianity from all others; the PROOF OF OUR DOCTRINE!"

You can have a doctrine and say it's proof of your believe, but everything in that doctrine cannot be proven also. That's why I said "Apocrypha."

I hate to insult you, but you NEVER understand what I am saying! Which is probably why you even gave those responses. As I've said b4, you are not going to understand completely unless you open your heart to Jesus and let Him in that your understanding may be opened (Revelation 3:20).

I was not saying that our doctrine is our proof, I was saying that all religions have doctrines, but you only asked what else besides the Holy Spirit because Christianity has THE HOLY SPIRIT AS PROOF OF OUR DOCTRINE, and other religions only have their doctrine----besides whiches who deal with demonic forces whether they know or not.

And I am not going to post scriptures that Muslims and Christianity have in common b/c there are a lot, you may still not be understanding this, but that is something that I have been tried to say that I do agree with, but my point was that with all the related scriptures and both having their own doctrine, still, THE HOLY SPIRIT IS PROOF OF THE THINGS WRITTEN IN THE HOLY BIBLE. That is and has been my point!

whiches--supposed to be witches

tried---supposed to be trying

"I hate to insult you, but you NEVER understand what I am saying!"

You call that an insult? Please spare me the corny jokes.

"Which is probably why you even gave those responses."

Or maybe it's because you couldn't speak on the "proof of doctrine" thing with relevance.

"As I've said b4, you are not going to understand completely unless you open your heart to Jesus and let Him in that your understanding may be opened (Revelation 3:20)."

I open my heart to all prophets. I just don't worship them. I learn from them though.

"I was not saying that our doctrine is our proof, I was saying that all religions have doctrines, but you only asked what else besides the Holy Spirit because Christianity has THE HOLY SPIRIT AS PROOF OF OUR DOCTRINE,"

I also asked "what proof?" which you have yet to provide a response to.

" and other religions only have their doctrine----besides witches who deal with demonic forces whether they know or not."

I'm not an expert on the wiccan culture nor have I done much research on them to confirm the demonic forces topic on it so I won't type anything on it.

"And I am not going to post scriptures that Muslims and Christianity have in common b/c there are a lot"

I asked for COMMANDMENTS not scriptures. There's a difference.

"THE HOLY SPIRIT IS PROOF"

Can you provide proof of the Holy Spirit? Can you provide any physical proof of your written doctrine?

Justice Cee 103

Ok now this is a touchy subeject but I guess I can build up the nerve to take small bite out of this one. There is plenty of evidence of the Holy Spirit. If a person has the Holy Spirit in them others will see it through that persons lifestlye. When a person truly has the Holy Spirit in them their life becomes more than just a life of "GOOD CONDUCT", it becomes a life of Holiness. Now I personally don't believe an individual walks in Holiness 24/7 because thats the equivalent of saying once saved you never sin again and we all know thats not true. But I believe when you cross paths with a person who has the Holy Spirit in them you'll know because one of two things will happen. #1 if you're not saved, the spirit man in you will (not your physical man) become intimidated and want to seperate from the company of the Holy Spirit, or #2 if you're saved and have the Holy Spirit (which also comes with the spirit of discernment) your spirit will recognize the fact that it is in like company and be at ease. I know this because my spirit of discernment sometimes tells me if im in the presence of a person who is just pretending to be saved. Now my physical mind likes to try to to dictate that as well but I try not to do that cause thats judging (lol). But when my spirit warns me of a person its usually for a reason.

PT.2
Now some say (Lord please be with me on this one lol) that the Holy Spirit is evident by the speaking of tongues). Now I PERSONALLY dont believe that the speakinf of tongues is the ONLY WAY to know you have recieved the Holy Spirit rather than possibly A WAY to know you have recieved the Holy Spirit. "Please don't chew my head off" to those who disagree,lol.... But anyway the Holy Spirit's initial duty is to #1 act as a ruler and guide to those who have been born again. And #2 it allows those of us who have been born again to truly see God manifesting himself. (Whew) now i'm done! lol...

When I mention the Holy Spirit as proof of the doctrine of Christianity, I mean the fact that, for example:

I grew up in the Christian church and have always STRONGLY believed in God, but IF I had begun to at any point (like with starting to wonder about astrology--those birth signs (or whatever)while in college), at any point began to wonder about the realness of this whole thing, when I finally got baptized in the Holy Spirit with the EVIDENCE of speaking in tongues (as the Bible teaches) then any doubt was seriously taken away. From that moment on nothing or no one could tell me or even try to prove to me that my God was not real. I had never in my life spoken in tongues and I wasn't the one to try to make myself do it (as some try and then end up in their emotions and start fakin it while trying to make it happen--you can't make yourself speak in tongues FOR REAL) b/c I know that the Bible says that it only comes by the Holy Spirit. Not just the Holy Spirit, but speaking in tongues is evidence to both Christians and non-Christians of what is already written and has been written. This is what I mean, many people have doctrine, but what do religions have to prove to THEIRSELVES that their doctrine is real BESIDES THEIR STRONG BELIEF OR FAITH. There are people jumping from relgiion to religion b/c they have never grown in Christ (still a babe--partly their fault and partly their pastors fault as he is their shepherd and it is their choice to seek growth in Christ).

So not only Muslims, but even SOME Christians are only going by their strong faith in their God and doctrine and the fact that this is what they were raised to believe. But when they are BAPTIZED with the Holy Spirit, it is now no longer just some strong belief---their own doctrine has been proven to them. Now, I believe that there are some Christians who get over-emotional in the church and start thinking and claiming that they have been baptized in the Holy Spirit.

But the point is that the Holy Spirit is evidence and proof of the Christian doctrine. What is the evidence of the doctrine of Jehovah's Witness, Muslim, or Buddhism?

(And why would you keep asking me to post scriptures about the similiarites of Christianity and Muslims when I already said that I agree that there are similarites even in the scriptures?)---oh, but don't ignore the 1st question.

"ME" im kinda confused (lol) are you responding to me or the other gentleman?

Hey "ME" I have a question. I have read the book of acts as well and I did not gather, that you had to speak in tongues to be saved. Now when Jesus gave the plan for salvation HE said all you had to do was truly believe in your heart and confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus Christ and that God raised Him from the dead and You will be saved. It also says that God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son that whosoever believeth on Him would not perish BUT HAVE EVERLASTING LIFE. Where in those scriptures did He say you had to speak in tongues? Now the scriptures I read in my bible that pertained to salvation were written in red which means it was said by Jesus. Now Acts on the other hand was written in black, at least the ones most pentecostols and apostolics refer to. Another thing, the thief on the cross next to Jesus asked the Lord not to forget about him. He didnt speak in tongues yet the Lord told him he was gonna be with Him in paradise. Christian means "follower of Christ" did Jesus himself speak in tongues?

Ok AAB357, I didn't even finish reading your post because I never said that one had to speak in tongues to be saved. That is what happened to me when I got baptized in the Holy Spirit as the evidence of the baptism. Some people have the gift to speak in tongues and some don't. I don't have that gift. Just the move of the Holy Spirit---sometimes has you to do something that is not necessarily your GIFT, but it's just how He wants to use you at the moment. I don't have the gift of prophecy either but I never know, God could use me tomorrow to prophesy for all I know. Matthew 10:19,20 lets us know that it's not us who speaks but God who speaks through us. It's about whether or not you have opened yourself up to be used by Him for His glory. Though my speaking in tongues had nothing to do with God using me at that moment to minister to someone else, I'm just trying to explain.

That post was to Justice and my point was not exactly about speaking in tongues but that the Holy Spirit is the proof of Christian doctrine, which one only experiences when they open themselves up to the Savior, first accepting Him then growing in Him and living faithfully for Him. And I do believe because I have scriptures to prove why I believe this that all Christians need to be baptized in the Holy Spirit.

I'll post the scriptures tomorrow.

"Ok now this is a touchy subeject but I guess I can build up the nerve to take small bite out of this one. There is plenty of evidence of the Holy Spirit. If a person has the Holy Spirit in them others will see it through that persons lifestlye. When a person truly has the Holy Spirit in them their life becomes more than just a life of "GOOD CONDUCT", it becomes a life of Holiness. Now I personally don't believe an individual walks in Holiness 24/7 because thats the equivalent of saying once saved you never sin again and we all know thats not true. But I believe when you cross paths with a person who has the Holy Spirit in them you'll know because one of two things will happen. #1 if you're not saved, the spirit man in you will (not your physical man) become intimidated and want to seperate from the company of the Holy Spirit, or #2 if you're saved and have the Holy Spirit (which also comes with the spirit of discernment) your spirit will recognize the fact that it is in like company and be at ease. I know this because my spirit of discernment sometimes tells me if im in the presence of a person who is just pretending to be saved. Now my physical mind likes to try to to dictate that as well but I try not to do that cause thats judging (lol). But when my spirit warns me of a person its usually for a reason."

Okay all of this "evidence" you've stated does not seem like the work of the "holy spirit" but it it DOES seem like the work of ALLAH/GOD.

That is all.

Justice Cee 103

"And why would you keep asking me to post scriptures about the similiarites of Christianity and Muslims when I already said that I agree that there are similarites even in the scriptures?)---oh, but don't ignore the 1st question"

Since when did COMMANDMENTS that christians live by become "scriptures?"

Imperial1

Many religions teach "good conduct" as I believe AAB357 has said, but that is why I keep mentioning the Holy Spirit as the evidence/proof of the Bible. See, how Justice can easily say that those good things that people are commanded to do are also of Allah, but what about the Holy Spirit, is that of Allah too? That's what I mean.

You can also be a Muslim in a BGLO as well. I'm a Zeta who just recently converted to Islam. (No not NOI) A lot of these claims I think are from the outside looking in. If it's the other way around i.e. the denounced Zeta, I think it may be from a personal choice or bad experience. All in all though, I can still fufill my 5 pillars while at the same time, be a Zeta. (Don't dare attempt to tell me what you THINK you know goes on in my chapter meetings, because you don't know unless you're actually there.)

Justice Cee 103
Email: isislaz@yahoo.com

You know what I just realized, and Min. Hatchett I wouldn't blame you for saying, "DUH!!", but Mrs. Jadyn Karrah did speak about how Zeta has ties to NOI and Muslim in general. Justice says that she converted (from Christianity) to Muslim. WOW! But things like this happen to Christians when they join BGLOs, not all get brainwashed with doctrines (rituals, other religions, and masonry) and turn, but some do. Living proof.

Oh, and I'm not saying that I am the living proof.

"Many religions teach "good conduct" as I believe AAB357 has said, but that is why I keep mentioning the Holy Spirit as the evidence/proof of the Bible. See, how Justice can easily say that those good things that people are commanded to do are also of Allah, but what about the Holy Spirit, is that of Allah too? That's what I mean."

The Holy Spirit is of Allah too. Does the holy spirit not do as Allah commands it to do?

Imperial1

How is pledging your heart going against christians principles??? I pledged my heart to my sorority to always do good deeds for people, to always remain sisterly, and to uphold my priciples of my organization. Service, Sisterly Love, Finerwomanhood, and scholarship, i doubt are frowned upon by god. I my Love goes out to my savior Jesus Christ and God and they are always first in my heart, but doing good deeds for Zeta is doing good deeds for mankind and i think every christian should do some type of good deeds for people. Many Zetas do missionary work around the world and help the sick and starving and i think we do those things because we are called upon by God to do them and with the strength of our family, we can. All things are done through christ, who strengthens me

"You know what I just realized, and Min. Hatchett I wouldn't blame you for saying, "DUH!!", but Mrs. Jadyn Karrah did speak about how Zeta has ties to NOI and Muslim in general."

Um, sir, My sorors Pearl, Myrtle, Fannie, Arizona, and Viola had NO ties to the Nation of Islam nor were any of them Muslims when they founded Zeta Phi Beta Sorority Inc. So you sir, are wrong.

"Justice says that she converted (from Christianity) to Muslim. WOW!"

I sure did. But my sorority had nothing to do with it.

"But things like this happen to Christians when they join BGLOs"

And what evidence do you have of that?

"not all get brainwashed with doctrines (rituals, other religions, and masonry) and turn, but some do. Living proof." "

Our founding was not based on religion and we don't go about brainwashing anyone into joining our organization. If a woman says she doesn't want to be a Zeta or a greek PERIOD, I could care less.

Justice Cee 103

BTW, @ Me

I converted to ISLAM and BECAME a Muslim. Just an FYI.

Justice Cee 103

What's BTW? Sounds like a familiar abbreviation, but I don't remember it's meaning.

BTW = By The Way

Justice Cee 103

How is pledging your heart going against christians principles??? I pledged my heart to my sorority to always do good deeds for people, to always remain sisterly, and to uphold my priciples of my organization. Service, Sisterly Love, Finerwomanhood, and scholarship, i doubt are frowned upon by god. I my Love goes out to my savior Jesus Christ and God and they are always first in my heart, but doing good deeds for Zeta is doing good deeds for mankind and i think every christian should do some type of good deeds for people. Many Zetas do missionary work around the world and help the sick and starving and i think we do those things because we are called upon by God to do them and with the strength of our family, we can. All things are done through christ, who strengthens me

Excellent post soror! How many wells have they dug in Africa so people can have clean, running water. Zeta had dug many.

These principles are just dead wieght on paper with no ability or power to enable one to live by them. So what do we have, powerless organizations that want an demand a pedestal to stand on, but are only concerned with those who live according to those principles. What's WRONG with the principles? THEY ARE RELATIVE. What is Finerwomanhood? Sisterly Love? By leaving the door of relativity open, QUITE CLEVERLY I MAY SAY, gives the GLO and its members easy justification for REALLY BAD BEHAVIORS. But what of those behaviors that are condoned by society that are not really wholesome for the "SERVICE" of "WELL-BEING" of mankind?

Respond to this DJ as a woman of God. Then I will come back and give probably one of my most scathing assessments of GLO's, specifically BGLO's. I will include the church in my answer, but there is always that good thing about the church.

1 2