This is the forum area where you can discuss topics related to the Biblical exposure of Greek organizations. All posts are reviewed; if they are offensive they'll be deleted.
Any copyrighted material contained herein is for: criticism, comments, news reporting, teaching, scholarship, and research. All used in accordance with the Fair Use Exception 17 USC 107.
Check this out! Look who's being mentioned! You need look no further than some of their websites. Now if I donate my money to you, I want to know what you are doing with it? This cop out crap of don't worry what is being done with the money(specifically at your own church) is just that, a cop out. I have just as much right to know that you are using right, as if you get found out that you are using it wrong. Lack of disclosure means pastors can lie. The Power of sin is secrecy.
That Pastor did not hurt me personally, but I watched him hurt many others. I pretty much was unscathed by him because my husband covers me and he had the since enough to get us out of there as soon as we saw the signs.
No, I have always believed in speaking in tongues. It was the foolishness of men that made me sceptical of the gibberish. But the Word and sound doctrince taught me the truth of Speaking in Tongues.
"Also you mentioned the websites have scriptures. I have studied these websites exclusively. I have went to every scripture they have referenced and I noticed that there were a lot of scriptures they did not mention like Psalms 112:3, Deut 8:18, Deut 28:1-14, Isaiah 54, Proverbs 10:22, Proverbs 13 and not to mention dozens of other scriptures."
Proverbs 13- The wealth of the sinner is laid up for the just.
NOW DGS- YOU SAID EXACTLY WHAT I WAS HOPING YOU WOULD SAY.
IF THIS IS TRUE, THEN 95% OF WOF PREACHERS MONEY IS COMING FROM THE RIGHTEOUS. THESE ARE THE PEOPLE GIVING AND WOF PREACHERS ARE THE ONES RAKING IN THE DOUGH.
SO THEY ARE ACTUALLY TURNING THE SCRIPTURE UPSIDE DOWN ON ITS HEAD. WOF(Word of Faith or Word Faith) HAS MADE A KNEW SCRIPTURE- THE WEALTH OF THE RIGHTEOUS or RIGHTEOUS (WICKED) IS LAID UP FOR ME, THE PROSPERITY PREACHER.
THEY ARE ACTUALLY TELLING PEOPLE THAT SINNERS' WEALTH BELONGS TO THEM, BUT ARE GETTING THEIR WEALTH FROM THE RIGHTEOUS OR RIGHTEOUS WICKED.
WHAT DOES THIS SCRIPTURE REALLY MEAN? I SHALL RETURN.
CAN'T COME HERE AND POST TWO PAGES. I'M WAS NOT BRAINWASHED AND MESMERIZED BY WORD FAITH.
Provide this information to the website that has other ministries reporting to it. I do not need your hand-to-mouth evaluation. I have asked you to show me and you have not shown me. The Proverbs 13 issue is what I want to discuss.
Where were all of those speak to the winds and rain preachers this past weekend. I believe they prayed for New Orleans, but where was their proclaimed ANOINTING to prevent the hurricane. I guess they lacked the faith NECESSARY to stop it. Does anyone need proof of these proclamations about these weather controllers?
I ran across this site and wanted to provide my observations regarding this discussion.
1. There is nothing wrong with a pastor receiving payment for preaching. I agree with DGS there, however, he misses the primary point of the argument that Minister Hatchett is making (I believe). These ARE NOT men who are preaching the gospel. Their theology is broken, and ad hoc; their soteriology is man-centered, not God-centered, and much of their belief structure is gnostic at best, occultic at worst. Don't argue with me, argue with their books. I have read much of their stuff and can provide quotes. I mean, some of these people teach such things as; all sickness is sin, we can 'speak' ourselves well, etc.
2. DGS, anyone can proof-text; I can find as many Scriptures that refute your position as you provide Scriptures that 'prove' your point. The Bible is not studied by picking verses here and there and sewing together a patchwork theology out of them. If you want that, then you would fit right in with the Mormon and Jehovah Witness communities. They 'prove' their point by selectively picking Scripture out and then ripping it out of context and MAKING it say what they want. This is also a standard practice of Word of Faith preaching.
3. Don't take Old Testament specific Scripture directed at the Nation of Israel, and misapply it to your Theology, that is just bad hermeneutics, and leads to nothing but confusion.
4. Did you know Creflo Dollar when he was preaching with holes in his shoes? How about the other anecdotal stories? Or, are you simply listening to what they tell you? Anecdotal evidence is notoriously skewed. And anyway, all people go through a period when they first start out that looks much like this period in their lives, if it is even true. Every preacher starts out less than prosperous, as does almost everyone else in all secular trades.
5. And finally, almost without exception, these preachers refuse to join EFCA or any of the other accountability organizations that enable us to ascertain their veracity regarding financial responsibility.
Folks, it is not my goal to get into a forum 'shouting match' with you, but to truly ask you to examine the teachings of these men, and then read the Bible, comparing their statements with what the Bible itself says, not in isolated examples, but consistently. I have done this and found that these people, who may be sincere in some instances, are simply out to lunch when it comes to doctrine. There is nothing wrong with making money (of course some of them do it in dubious ways), but there is something TRULY wrong with demeaning God and elevating man, with preaching ANOTHER type of gospel etc. My goal is not to villify or promote any of these teachers; my goal is to ensure that God is glorified.