Return to Website

GLO's Exposed Discussion Forum

This is the forum area where you can discuss topics related to the Biblical exposure of Greek organizations. All posts are reviewed; if they are offensive they'll be deleted. 

Any copyrighted material contained herein is for: criticism, comments, news reporting, teaching, scholarship, and research. All used in accordance with the Fair Use Exception 17 USC 107. 

GLO's Exposed Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Delta Sigma Theta's Pyramid=The Witches Pyramid

This post can be found at www.dontgogreek.com on the message board.

Pyramids and obviously Deltas both know about earth, air fire, and water according to an X-DST who experienced this during her initiation ritual.

"The Elusinian associated the elements with certain human forces.

Earth . The goal is to attain a fulness of self-knowledge, including understanding and caring for one's body and all living things. Here the aspirant achieves respect for the ecology of the earth and her own physical being.

Water . The goal is to become knowledgeable and controlling of one's emotional self-passions, feelings and attitudes. Here the aspirant achieves moderation and balance.

Air . The goal is to become more rational, to rise 'above the clouds' into pure reason.

Fire . The goal is tranquility and spirituality. Here the aspirant rejects the negative and material values of the world and transcends to a more spiritual plane." (Pyramid Syllabus 1987)

What is to be noted is that these elements are closely tied to the initiation rituals for aspirant witches. These same elements are looked to in Delta Sigma Theta just as strongly. These elements are the means to which Aspirants focus on Delta as being a LIFETIME commitment.

Delta is even so sick as to misquote another scripture.

These four elements are said to be the conditions in which all human beings, “live and move and have their being.” (Pyramid Syllabus 1987)

Acts 17:28- For in him we live, and move, and have our being; as certain also of your own poets have said, For we are also his offspring.

Witches see these elements just as important as they see their gods and goddesses. So it’s no wonder that Delta Sigma Theta would use a scripture, REPLACING, “IN HIM”, with the four elements.

Now here is the WITCHES PYRAMID:

The Witch's Pyramid of Four Pillars

There are many tools used in Modern Witchcraft. According to some Wiccan systems, the first four are not physical, but rather are qualities which must be developed within the witch.

The "Four Pillars of the Witches Temple" are;

To Know (nescere)
-corresponds to Air -represents the witch's reason/intellect/intuition/wisdom and other more mystical understandings...

Basically this has to do with the gaining of knowledge, whether it be from books, teachers, or from experience. This also includes anything having to do with organising said knowledge: remembering, analyzing, dissecting, logical reasoning, imagining, linking, and many more. This is shown in many kinds of knowledge needed to do ritual: from remembering the words to invocations, to knowing when to cast the circle, to knowing what incense to use, to remembering how it feels when one grounds correctly.

In witchcraft knowledge is power. No knowledge is ever wasted, and you may find that your fifth grade Creative Writing class taught you things useable for creating invocations, or that your Aunt Jean's gardening tips are helping you with your herb growing, or your Tai Chi class helped get the idea of centering across.

The admonitions "Know Thyself", "Know your Craft", "Learn" and "Apply you Learning" are all included in the pillar.

To Will (velle)
-corresponds to Fire -represents the witch's Will/Discipline/her skills in the arts of magic and life.

This can be split into two categories: the mundane and the Magickal. The mundane is where a with tries to keep their life in good order, and to follow through on promises and commitments. The magickal version refers to the Will to see a spell or ritual to its completion, keeping the intent clear without letting oneself get distracted.
Concentration, Discipline and Drive are definitely a part of this, as well as Enthusiasm for doing ritual in the first place.

Placing one's will in tandem with Divine Will is also included.

"Keep you thoughts and deeds in good order" and "Breathe and Eat correctly" belong here (though really just the act of living up to all the Goals could be listed inder "To Will")

To Dare (audere)
-corresponds to Water -represents the witch's Emotions/Heart since the word courage derives from a word that means "heart"

"To Dar" encompasses the acts of facing fears, especially with regards to doing magick. Dare to experiment with what one has learned to gain more experience, like trying out that new astral travel technique or trance working. Dare to meet the Gods and interacte with them. Dare to deal with inner darkness.

This is not to say that one must never feel fear. Fear must be felt and examined before it can be dealt with. The more one tries to hide one's fear from one's self, the more power that fear will have over one's self. Facing the Shadow within can be more traumatic than facing the most awe-inspiring Deity. However, Starhawk mentions in her book The Spiral Dance, "Where there's fear, there's power." One's greatest fear can mask one's greatest strength.

It must be stated that any emotion or personal attribute brought into a magickal circle will be increased and strengthened. This explains the admonition at the gateway "Better to fall upon this knife/Than enter here in fear, or strife". Give strength to your courage.

To Keep [the] Silence (tacere)
-corresponds with Earth
"To Keep the Silence" is often interpreted as "To Keep Silent": that is, to keep secret knowledge of witchcraft, of membership and places of meetings etc., except in cases of voucher-for persons. "To Keep Silent" is probably a good general practice since it keeps the foolhardy from trying things that might be dangerous or from getting flack from less sympathetic neighbours. This is, however, not the whole story.

"Silence" represents the 'still point'... the silence within... The correspondence with Earth here also gives another hint of this interpretation, since in order to begin to work magick, we generally "ground" and "center" ourselves. It is difficult to keep clear one's intent if other extraneous thoughts keep flitting by and being distracting.

Listening to the Gods and Nature (and other people for that matter) is also intimated since one cannot hear unless there is silence first.

Again, "Keeping your thoughts in good order" as well as "Meditate" come under this heading

To Go (ire)
-corresponds to Spirit

Some traditions use the fifth Element of Spirit as embodying the power "To Go": to go forth, to journey, to make manifest, to evolove. Most traditions assign Spirit to the Gods, making spirit a combination of the other four elements in perfect balance.

Conclusion

If one sees each of these qualities written on a four-sided pyramid, "To Keep the Silence" would be on the base, with the other three (To Know, To Will, To Dare) rising from the base (ie. Earth, foundation) to meet at the top. All things begin and end in Silence.

All of these qualities must be developed to gain proficiency in magick. (Remember "Achieve Balance")

Sources:
The Way of the Goddess by Ly Warren-Clarke
Dalukah's Notes
The Spiral Dance by Starhawk
http://www.angelfire.com/falcon/enchanted-moon/pyramid.htm

When Minerva is added to the equation (i.e. wisdom, reasoning, knowledge, etc.), we have a purposed, knowledgeable use of witchcraft in DELTA SIGMA THETA. They do it very sneaky, tricky, subtle way. They employ the use of three different books to teach portions of each. So when one puts everything together;
1.) Minerva
2.) The Muses and the Graces
3.) The Elusinian Mysteries
4.) The FOUR elements
5.) And The Witches Pyramid

There is ABSOLUTELY NO DENYING THAT DELTA SIGMA THETA IS PURPOSELY PRACTICING, YOKING, AND ASSOCIATING ITSELF WITH WITCHCRAFT.

The last thing about the spirit; they use it just as loosely as DST in its ritual. To all who do not know; the four elements and the "spirit" are directly related to the Pentegram. The four elements being the lower points, and the spirit is the point going upwards.

SO!!!! If you are a Delta and an Eastern Star, you get Two Stars.

Any copyrighted material contained herein is for: criticism, comments, news reporting, teaching, scholarship, and research. All used in accordance with the Fair Use Exception 17 USC 107.
It is also to be used for evangelical purposes as well; to bring forth truth in love and to shed light upon darkness.

Re: Delta Sigma Theta's Pyramid=The Witches Pyramid

I just happened to stumble across this website and I am just cracking up laughing at this RIDICULOUS information! WITCHES??? WHAT? You people just love making stuff up about our organization thinking that you are "shedding light" on the "secrets".

ABSOLUTELY HILARIOUS! OMG!! I am falling out! Thanks for the laugh of the day! You've got a great, creative imagination in making this stuff up! ROFLOL

Angie B
I just happened to stumble across this website and I am just cracking up laughing at this RIDICULOUS information! WITCHES??? WHAT? You people just love making stuff up about our organization thinking that you are "shedding light" on the "secrets".

ABSOLUTELY HILARIOUS! OMG!! I am falling out! Thanks for the laugh of the day! You've got a great, creative imagination in making this stuff up! ROFLOL

Actually Angie, I will send you what I actually found and wrote about it. Your ritual and the people that wrote it are the ones who should be scrutinized, especially the one who believed that polygamy should be an option for the black community. Now is that funny? Would you be falling out if I told you it was in Jet Magazine and she was a former President of your organization?

What is not funny about DST is its oath about protecting the innocent and those who cannot fend for themselves. DST has no programs that speak up for the most innocent of life, THE UNBORN CHILD. As for what is funny, CAN YOU DENY THE QUOTES THAT CAME FROM YOUR OWN RITUAL? DO YOU EVEN KNOW THAT EARTH, AIR, FIRE, AND WATER ARE IN THE RITUAL?

Min, What I said was the truth. I don't know anything about any rituals and couldn't care less about what procedure your organization do in order to become a delta. The only problem I have is the way black deltas treat other black people who are not deltas. It is just simply UnGodly. I can't figure out why do deltas hate black people who are not deltas. Is there anyway you can shed some light on that question? A Sister just want to know.

Protect the innocent and help those who can't fend for themselves. Really!! Well do they also support not downgrading those who are not deltas and messing up their livelihood. Please explain that one?

Where do people come up with these connections? Witchcraft?? Oh brother, Hilarious... Please, provide me with more information on my sorority!This stuff is GREAT!!!

fire and ice
Where do people come up with these connections? Witchcraft?? Oh brother, Hilarious... Please, provide me with more information on my sorority!This stuff is GREAT!!!

How do I even know if you are a member? You could be a wannabe searching for some info. I have read almost 40 years worth of rituals. You need to see the significant difference between the 1969 and 1987 ritual. If you are a member, ask a soror how to get a hold of them. But if you go in reading with presuppositions, then there is no reason to read, but read them anyway.

And yes it is great, especially when presenting it to a college audience with the ritual on screen. Everyone who is not Greek are stunned.