Return to Website

GLO's Exposed Discussion Forum

This is the forum area where you can discuss topics related to the Biblical exposure of Greek organizations. All posts are reviewed; if they are offensive they'll be deleted. 

Any copyrighted material contained herein is for: criticism, comments, news reporting, teaching, scholarship, and research. All used in accordance with the Fair Use Exception 17 USC 107. 

GLO's Exposed Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
TO ALL APSIRANTS OF ANY ORGANIZATION!!!!

These questions have finally been employed at a meet the Greeks seesion. It proved very successful.

Word of advice: As a Christian, one should never go alone to an interest meeting. Always have another, if not 2 or 3 others with you. In point #7 & #8 , the person who asks about suspensions and hazing should not be the one to ask the question in private about pledging.

What to ask at an interest meeting?

If you are a Christian seriously contemplating greek life, then let's see if you are willing to ask the tough questions. Questions that people will warn you NOT to ask for fear of rejection. I am a former member of a Greek Organization. They are going to tell you how stupid these questions are and never to ask them.

This is a NEW ERA when the Christian needs to investigate anything they partake in, including GLO's. They have gotten a MORAL PASS for decades; no one questioning their claim of being founded upon Christian Principles. Their ELITIST membership and attitudes have gone unchecked for several decades. Their ELITIST and INTIMIDATING presence must be combatted and confronted by those willing to shine light in the darkness.

Who are you going to allow to control your free will, God or a GLO (People)?

1.) Is the ritual for public reading for people interested in membership?

Some may answer that they can be found at the Library of Congress. (Ask them for Title, and Call Number). If their rituals are there, they are not under the GLO's Name. I went there and stayed for hours. I had a man (for a month) and a lady on the inside helping me. He found NOTHING. If they give you this answer, ask to see it by appointment some time.

2.) Do any of your teachings, rituals, etc. deny, reject or in any way conflict with the Word of God?
If not, PROVE it?
If so, what are they? DO NOT EXPECT AN ANSWER

3.) What kind of immoral (not political) issues are being confronted by your GLO?
Examples: Homosexuality, Abortion, Fornication, etc.

4.) What has your GLO done to EXALT the kingdom of God on this campus?
Keep in mind what they are doing to EXALT the kingdom of Satan as well. This is not hard to see.

5.) Are all chapter members saved?

6.) What false gods does your GLO associate (NOT WORSHIP) itself with? If they answer with the, "we do not worship", you know somethings up.

7.) Has this chapter ever been suspended for illegal hazing activities?

8.) Does this chapter engage in any illegal hazing practices?
The Christian that asks this question should later go in PRIVATE and ask, "If I want my respect, is this a chapter I can get it at?

9.) What National Programs does your organization have that Exalts the Kingdom of God?

These next 3 questions will really mess them up.

10.) What can you organization do for me?

11.) What are the Christian principles that you all claim to be founded upon and engage in that I could not do in the church or other organizations?

12.) What is it about your organization then, which makes you different from other organizations like the Salvation Army, NAACP, etc.

13.) How are members who do not pledge (the law abiding and rule following members) treated by those who decide to ILLEGALLY join?

411 interjects- The criminals treat the law abiders as if they committed a crime against the GLO (i.e. You have real criminals to the law and GLO, treating their brothers/sorors like enemies of the GLO). Sad but VERY true!

14.) Do you have any gods associated with your organization?

15.) Where do the deceased members of your organization go when they die?

16.) Do you all have moral rules, laws, and standards that govern the organization and its members, including the behavior of members?

17.) What is the Moral Basis of those Standards?

18.) Why do Greeks use Character assassination, based on unverifiable information to attack anyone that opposes them.

EXAMPLE- Present the copy and pasted attack, "Who is Fred Hatchett", from OO at the interest meeting. Please do not forget to add the proper copyright information that stophazing requires.

19.) Why are so many people in your organization void of integrity when they LIE and says there is no pledge process, and then haze?

Note: This places the members, ESPECIALLY the Christians, in a situation. Does this person already KNOW we haze, and if we do, how do we keep him or her, a duly qualified candidate from finding out? This is too much for their narrow minds. Check the reaction!!!!!!

New Question is #20- Numbers 19 & 20 are probably interchangeable. Either way, if they do haze, you will find out whether they accept you on line or not.

20.) When they say that XXX organization is not a hazing organization, you ask:

What about this chapter? Are we going to be approached in secret later to see if we want to pledge or not?

ALL Christians- These are all pertinent questions that you need to ask.

These are just some of the questions that can be asked. I and anyone else, please add on.

What to watch for? ATTITUDE! This is the main thing to look for when asking all of these questions.

Minister Fred Hatchett- 919/278-8911 (Anytime-Greek or Aspirant, Saved or Sinner)

Re: TO ALL APSIRANTS OF ANY ORGANIZATION!!!!

I like how most of the underlying comments Cast out those that are affilated with fraternity/sorority. by calling us GLO people. Implying that we are "sinners"

Also "Narrow Minds" was my favorite. that Begs the question do you think we all have narrow minds...even though I am here taking the time to read your beliefs.

I have encountered someone who asked a few similar questions. I wonder if it was from your site, I should ask him.

Micah 4:3-5
....For all people will walk every one in the name of his god, and we will walk in the name of the LORD our God for ever and ever.

and didn't not Jesus refuse to curse the Sumarians in Luke 9:52-56.

why are GLO's any different.

Vini
I like how most of the underlying comments Cast out those that are affilated with fraternity/sorority. by calling us GLO people. Implying that we are "sinners"

Min. H
Nope Nope! When I put it in parentheses, I meant GLO's or members. That is your personal addition.

Also "Narrow Minds" was my favorite. that Begs the question do you think we all have narrow minds...even though I am here taking the time to read your beliefs.

I have encountered someone who asked a few similar questions. I wonder if it was from your site, I should ask him.

Micah 4:3-5
....For all people will walk every one in the name of his god, and we will walk in the name of the LORD our God for ever and ever.

and didn't not Jesus refuse to curse the Sumarians in Luke 9:52-56.

why are GLO's any different.

Min. H
He did not come to curse sinners, but to save them, but to save them. Jesus played no favorites. He actually was more judgmental on those who refused Him that should have recognized Him.

Beside, if you walk in the name of another god, you are already cursed.

wow
very insightfull - well stated and thought provoking

Check out this link on this forum.

http://pub6.bravenet.com/forum/static/show.php?usernum=460887521&frmid=66&msgid=632869&cmd=show

This testimony is a good example of how to critically think about GLO's. How to people came together with opposing points of view, suspended all emotional feelings, and dealt with the facts.

"I have gotten into a number of debates about glos and for every point a bglo makes, there is a rebuttle. As a pre-law major, it is always great to know both arguments that way you can choose the one with the most validity and evidence. My boyfriend (also pre-law) and I debated joining bglos since we need to be in some kind of organization to get into law school. He represented the pro side and I was the con. In this case, the cons won.

Many of the members of BGLOS will tell you that they were created as an ORIGINAL entity designed to promote brother/sisterhood and provide service in the Black community. They will also insist that you do research. Well I did mine and none of the information is correct.

In truth, BGLO’s were created in the time of the early 1900’s (1906-alphas, 1908 aka’s, 1913-deltas,etc.) which was a time where Blacks were still heavily discriminated against even though they could be admitted into white colleges. White greek organizations at the time had NO interest nor did they agree with admitting a Black person into their organizations. That being said, college educated Blacks set out to make an organization for themselves. If you go back even further into history, glo’s were modeled from the ancient greek SECRET SOCIETIES, designed to separate the elite (typically those who were educated or royal, or in some other form “special”) from the masses. Their rituals and traditions stemmed from the their society’s religious beliefs which were and always have been pagan. We can see that the bglos are modeled off this idea by only extending membership to college educated people who have attained at minimum a 2.5 cummulative gpa and have a number of recommendations. This is not including the fact that in many smaller chapters, participants have been recruited or selected, and those who meet the qualifications are NOT ALWAYS admitted. Essentially, the bglos are selecting the creme of the crop, as did the white glos and ancient greeks. The idea of hazing is not an original entity either seeing that much of the greek religion revolved around sacrifices and offerings, usually involving blood, fire, oaths, and prayers. Hazing and rites of passage in bglos require that you make some oaths, shed some blood, and in essence sacrifice yourself which makes this no different from secret socirties. THE idea of a sorority or frat is as UNORIGINAL as one could possibly get.

While it remains true that you can not always trust an internet source, you also must consider your source of information and think critically.

If a dedicated sorority member is refuting the claims made by internet sources, ex members, and others who disagree with their organization, but yet can provide no sources or substantial evidence to verify that the information they are saying is true besides their word and is as we know sworn to secrecy of some of the doctrines of the organization, wouldn’t it also make sense that they would only tell you what THEY WANT TO HEAR or KNOW? They want to present their org in the best light, only showing you the good, not the bad. In addition, they want to show those aspiring to be in the org what they could have if selected: Networking, a supposed sister/brotherhood, popularity, and maybe even money, fame, and political power! All the material things that could draw a person. Of course they wouldn’t tell you that their gonna kick your butt, and maybe even your face, take your pride, money, self-esteem, offer you a fake friendship you paid for, which is good only if you do what they do, use you until your used up, and tell you that you’ll be a leader when you have been allowing yourself to be a follower THE WHOLE TIME! SO yeah, do your research, but in the meantime I don’t think these types of orgs is for me.

*Neither ONE of us will be joining! AN internship is much better." Kim