Return to Website

GLO's Exposed Discussion Forum

This is the forum area where you can discuss topics related to the Biblical exposure of Greek organizations. All posts are reviewed; if they are offensive they'll be deleted. 

Any copyrighted material contained herein is for: criticism, comments, news reporting, teaching, scholarship, and research. All used in accordance with the Fair Use Exception 17 USC 107. 

GLO's Exposed Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
An AKA and I Debate- Parts 4 & 5

Part 4
Ashley
How I have provided anything that could contribute to your "Exposing AKA" forum baffles me. It baffles me because it seems all you have done is ask me about my stance on God and pledging.

Min. H
Have you ever heard of unequally yoking yourself with unbelievers? Well every Christian, especially those in AKA, or interested need to see that there are those who oppose their faith. They need to understand that there are people witnessing false gospels within the sorority WITH THE SORORITY'S BLESSING OF TOLERANCE.

Ashley
You surely must remember that one individual does not represent an entire group. I have given you no information to base your 'research' into how AKA is idolatry or not based on Christian principle. That whole idea still doesn't make sense to me.

Min. H
I do not remember asking you for any information. Ah! You must think that have no information. I have two rituals from your sorority, the constitution and by-laws, history book, etc. You are right and wrong concerning your assessment of one individual. Jesus, a single individual, represents the whole church. Individuals misrepresent when they practice sin. There are clear cut ways to conduct one's life. AKA may be an organization, but it is not some entity separate from human influence, rather its whole foundation is based on the human influence (i.e. AKA cannot be separated from its members behavior. ALL MORAL RULES ARE RELATIVE, which means anything goes, except for that which is politically correct. Hazing was not even abolished based on a moral imperative.

Ashley
As I'm sure you can cite things to defend how you feel, as can I. And I will. However, the Bible does not validate everything 100%, because it was written by Man. Man is not perfect and not absolute. Therefore, it can be wrong. As a religious scholar, I was taught that at a young age. The many typos, misspellings of words as well as confusion. In studying atheism (in a scholastic sense), they show the errors of the Bible.

Min. H
As for the Bible and its errors, the Word of God in its original form is infallible. You not considering it THE authority in your life AS A CHRISTIAN speaks volumes. Take ANY work of antiquity, compare it to the Bible, without the Apocrypha, and you have the most reliable book ever written.

Ashley
Let me gently warn you, I am not like these other people who say one thing to you in disagreement to what you say and then disappear. I am not afraid of healthy criticism.

Min. H
Consider me warned!

Ashley
You confuse me by saying that you are an Ex-Catholic, Ex-Mason and Ex-Omega. What is your information, and why is it that you have not written it anywhere on your site?

Min. H
Ever read my handle on the guestbook? It makes that clear. My Ex-Catholic status is not something I bring up unless necessary. But now anyone who reads this will know.

Ashley
Why is it that even I know that if you were questioning the purposes of Omega, it makes no sense that you would become a part of any Masonic group, knowing that many of the Fraternities that you have doubted derive themselves from Masonic ideas? You are quick to question everyone and not answer those questions yourself.

Min. H
Ashley, my testimony discusses when I denounced my former allegiances. I denounced catholicism the day I accepted Christ. If I had been able to put 2 and 2 together then, I would have denounced Omega then also. You are speaking as if I knew everything at the same time. Sororities are derived from Freemasonry as well. If you really know anything about GLO's, masonry is the next step up.

Ashley
As far as me, it is none of your business (HER PLEDGE PROCESS), but all members of Alpha Kappa Alpha have to go through the '3-day process', as you call it. Some choose to go to additional workshops, some become part of Interest groups, such as the Ivy Leaf Pledge Club, before becoming members of Alpha Kappa Alpha. Re-read what I wrote. I said that you assume because I am not paper that I was a part of hazing. I did nothing illegal. However, I did not just walk into a room, sign a piece of paper and write a check and instantly become an AKA. That is what paper is, the term comes from "signing a piece of paper". I am not that. However, I am not ILLEGALLY apart of AKA. So, please, before you start assuming that I condone hazing in the way that you are thinking, being beaten into submission, being told not to eat, wear or talk to certain things or people...realize that you saying so could get you into libel territory. Also, I will be interested to see that you do not impugn the reputation of Alpha Kappa Alpha...since libel is grounds for civil litigation.

I hope that when you do post this into the guestbook, which I have yet to see, (and I have been checking) that you will post the entirety of our conversation and not the parts that appear to favor your stance, and retain some amount of objectivity.

Part 5
Min. H
I will ask Nationals if the Ivy Leaf Club exists. You are also assuming that I believe you took a beat down. Well I do not know how your chapter rolls. As for libel, LOL! Your sorors talk about hazing online like its nothing. Do you know of chapters that haze (beat downs, sleep deprivation, etc.)?

Ashley
"It does not begin to show that the things it as well as BGLOs have done for the black community, such as raise money for cancer research, give college scholarships to high school aged youth, to give youngsters in at-risk neighborhoods a safe place to go to after school, to aid in stopping gun violence in communities, to involve themselves in marches against civil injustices and to provide countless hours of community service to blacks."

Min. H
Wow! Hoorah for those high moral and ethical standards as Jada Pinkett Smith of "Wicked Wisdom" flashes on the screen of the national website. All of those WORKS are good things, but the Black community has much deeper problems, MORAL problems that your sorority and ALL other BGLO's have been afraid to tackle with Biblical Principles. Your sorority from the top down, along with other major leaders, a founder, etc. of BGLO's have millions of dead blacks to account for. So if we were to weigh your good works in the scales with all of those dead black people, it would tip over. Let me name a few, Dr. Dorothy Ferebee, Mary McLeod Bethune, Charles Fisk, Eugene Kinckle Jones, Faye Wattleton, etc,

Ashley
"However, to besmirch an organization that you know nothing about, that you base guesses on from people who either were rejected or have ill will towards it... that is not truth."

Min. H
Now you want to talk about truth. Will you please make up your mind? What is truth then? I asked you before, IS JESUS GOD? YES or NO!

You make some MIGHTY assumptions based on ZERO evidence, and you want to lecture me on truth.

"Besmirch"- As I said, AKA has done a perfectly good job of that all by themselves internally. The number of active members per total membership tells that story.

Now let me school you on the hypocrisy of your sorority. In the 1977 ritual, it has a long dialogue on how they are against hazing, what hazing is, etc. The problem with that whole bit is that hazing was a public, legitimate process and in the open for 13 more years. Do you have one of those rituals?

As for your statement about not going away, that's your choice, but I know how to deal with such poeple. I have been doing it for years. After or if you respond to this e-mail, I will begin with my easy-to-do responses.

Now since the Bible is not the sole authority for your faith, do you have a source you frequent that represents your Catholic beliefs, I don't want you do a run around everything I say, although I will probably find that you are more a pluralist than anything else, but we'll see.

If I am to be objective, what things exactly did you do prior to initiation? I am assuming you did no post pledging! Anywhere, you do not give clarity, it is highly unlikely that you will see it, and if you do, I will be sure to make note that information is lacking in your response.

The information in her post below about Jada Pinkett was in response to her lyrics, which can be found at www.wickedwisdom.net
Ashley's response to one of the profanity laced songs was this:

"Thank you for again, changing the subject. That song actually is about the feelings of a victim and perpetrator of child abuse, not Satan." Ashley

The reply about Dorothy Ferebee is in response to her propagation of population control of black people, which stems form her involvement with Margaret Sanger and the Negro Project.

Ashley
The club no longer exists, I was giving an example of how a process could last longer than three days and not necessarily involve 'hazing' in the 'beat-down sense. The Bible was not written by God. It is the word of God, according to some, but He did not come down from the heavens and put pen to paper. I'm sure that you have heard of the many different versions of the Bible that exists, the errors within the King James versions, as well as the Old and New Testaments. I never said I do not consider it the authority in my life, I said that anyone who has read it in its entirety as a text can and will note that the texts has many errors and contradictions. Over 500 to be exact. This is fact. You can look it up yourself online and find them. I've checked many of them, and there they are. In black and white.

In all of your texts, 'forums', etc, you describe hazing as subservient behavior. You also assume that the sorors you speak of that speak of hazing online are financially active members of AKA. It is very possible that they have been suspended from the sorority due to their hazing activities. I am not involved in any membership activities in any chapter, therefore I cannot speak on what they do. I am against hazing in the strongest sense of the word, that is all that matters.

As far as Jada Pinkett-Smith, yes, she is in a nu-metal band called Wicked Wisdom. She is also my soror. However, you fail to mention that she is the co-founder of the Will and Jada foundation, that gives money to projects aimed at youth educational projects, as well as helping deprived children and their families. You also do not mention that in 2006, she gave $1 million dollars to the Baltimore School of the Arts, in honor of Tupac.

Min. H
"What foundation is that, the can I have sex with another person with your blessing Will Foundation. As for the 1 mil in honor of Tupac, "The Dead leading the Dead"!

Ashley
Dorothy Ferebee was Medical Director of the Mississippi Health Project. That project started vaccination programs against smallpox, diphtheria, venereal disease and malnutrition in rural areas of Mississippi. AKA financed the project for two weeks every summer from 1935 to 1942.She also set up a daycare center in Washington DC with playgrounds for the children of working mothers in less than favorable neighborhoods. She also was on the Executive Board of UNICEF and the White House's Children and Youth Council. Not really seeing the 'sin' in that, using medicine to help people and speaking out about the medical conditions that affect them.

So before you start attacking the legacies of what people have done, please look them up. And give sources as to where you base your information of their 'sin' and representing 'idolatry".

Min. H
Google, The Negro Project.

Ashley
Jesus is not God. He is the son of God.

Members are inactive because of many reasons, none that include your 'idolatry'.

Min. H
Stop Assuming! The world of AKA expands outside your chapter.

Ashley
It takes a lot of time, commitment and money to maintain activity on a national as well as chapter level. Some people do not have the time and extra cash flow to maintain that. One of our goals is to bring more sorors back, and many of them have said they do not have the time or money to be active.

Min. H
James 5:12/Matthew 5:33-37

Ashley
Pardon me, but you haven't schooled me on anything. You say, "In the 1977 ritual, it has a long dialogue on how they are against hazing, what hazing is, etc. The problem with that whole bit is that hazing was a public, legitimate process and in the open for 13 more years. Do you have one of those rituals?" One of what rituals? You name a dialogue but don't cite it. The 1977 ritual where? What chapter? What day? Please find some serious documentation that backs up your theories instead of spouting generalizations and expecting me to take your word as 'gospel'. Just so you know, I don't. I can't comment on your question because I don't know what kind of ritual you are speaking of....you need to send me some evidence before I write you off as a fiction writer.

Min. H
You're an AKA. Ask for the ritual. I am not written off as a fiction writer when I do a seminar. An AKA tried to catch me slippin' at Prairie by telling me that the ritual has changed. I said, "I know, but you all still say and do a lot of things in it." Her reply was, "you're right". I actually have two rituals.

Ashley
Actually, I don't have a text that I consider my authority for my "Catholic" beliefs as you so nicely put it. I read the Bible, but I also read other religious texts, such as the Koran and the Torah in my religious studies.

Min. H
I have no problem with that.

Ashley
Catholicism teaches religious tolerance. In order to have that, you must have an understanding, so I read plenty of religious works outside of Christianity in order to be able to speak on religion effectively and not sound like a zealot.

Min. H
So Jesus was a Zealot?

Ashley
You still have yet to answer my question, how does being 'saved' have anything to do with BGLO's?

Min. H
Look up all the passages discussing HOLINESS.

Ashley
Why is it that you ask everyone if they are saved and then call them non-believers if they say they are not?

Min. H
John 3:3/John 14:6/Acts 4:12

Ashley
I have had a Christian upbringing since birth. I have not committed any sin that makes me feel that I need to become saved, (since pretty much every person I know or have heard of being saved was a horrible sinner before renouncing their sins and becoming such) because I am not fearful of the afterlife. Another question, Minister, why is it that people who claim to be saved can commit illegal behavior, such as cheating people, stealing, unmoral behavior such as assaulting women, lying to self-preserve themselves, covet material possessions of others....and be the main ones in church spouting that they are "Saved" come Sunday? That, to me, is NOT salvation.

Min. H
You are making the gravest of errors, as is evidenced in your exaltation of poeple, making excuses for their sins. We are to look to Jesus for our example. If people are doing these things in the church, they need to be judged. Their sin IS NO EXCUSE FOR YOUR SIN.

Ashley
Now you mention me possibly being a religious pluralist. It is hard for me to say that one religion is stronger or better than another or that people who practice anything other than Christianity are ****ed to some kind of eternal hellfire. Consider that the Islamic religion is the 2nd largest in the world. I find it hard to believe the 1.5 BILLION people are going to hell just because they don't believe in the Christian faith. Or the 900 million Hindus. Or the 394 million people who practice ancient Chinese religion, one that is older than Christianity. I could go on. So I guess I'm a pluralist. And happily so, if that means that because I believe that as long as a person believes in something other than Satanism, then their views should be respected and tolerated.

Min. H
Well Jesus said that in John 3 and John 14, then Peter backs him up in Acts 4! Read the 3 scriptures above. Who are you or me to argue with the Creator.

Ashley
You have still not answered my question...where/what is your information? Why is it that if you had questions about Omega, you would become a part of a Masonic Order? I would gladly tell you all that I did, if I really believed that you are what you say you are, but I don't. I have no proof.

Min. H
Do you need to see my 13 brands? How about a copy of The Consistory asking me to come back? I will take a picture of the masonic order's decree, the envelope, and send it to you.