Return to Website

GLO's Exposed Discussion Forum

This is the forum area where you can discuss topics related to the Biblical exposure of Greek organizations. All posts are reviewed; if they are offensive they'll be deleted. 

Any copyrighted material contained herein is for: criticism, comments, news reporting, teaching, scholarship, and research. All used in accordance with the Fair Use Exception 17 USC 107. 

GLO's Exposed Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Signs Your Church is Becoming Charasmatic!

In the next post, I will give you all the characteristics I know about charasmatic churches, and what to look for.

Note: This is not a good thing.

Re: Signs Your Church is Becoming Charasmatic!

1.) People start referring or promoting a pastor as prophet, evangelist, teacher, and apostle all-in-one.

2.) They have a vision and "want" you to agree with it.

3.) THEIR vision requires money.

4.) The vision is an unnecessary larger church.

5.) When the money is coming up short, they invent new offerings to support THEIR vision.

When your Pastor wants to introduce a false doctrine, he does things during his sermon like,

1.) Okay, now you all are gonna think I'm crazy when I say this.........

2.) See, see, see, see, see............folow me now, follow me........

3.) If you don't understand this, your dumb..........

4.) (SCORNFULLY) This is for all of you scholars out there.

When any reference to offering or gifts becomes tithes and offerings.

Example: The offering Joseph and Mary gave for the Child, Jesus was a tithe and offering.

When your Pastor says he's not begging for money, but says that God told him to tell you all to do this or that........., or when they get so desperate, they suspend what they believe about giving to encourage you to give (i.e. I believe tithing is required, but for the sake of my vision, if you are not tithing, give....)

Another classic, "I want you to AGREE with ME", which turns into a, "will you all stand who is in agreement". Don't stand, and you become marked.

When you hear a preacher double-talk....They say one thing, then another that completely negates what they said first.

Have a vision but no provision is coming in, and the begging begins.

Preachers just start making stuff up, because they have not studied.

When a mand of gawd is constantly and consistently trying to force his vision, opinion, and views upon the congregation. He expects his congregation to do things that he himself is not willing to implement.

Example:
Pastor- I just wish you all would go out and evangelize like the Jehovah's Witnesses, but never really sets an agenda, has a teaching on personal evanelism, etc. He makes a suggestion without providing the example.

When the leadership play the world's game of hide and seek.

You know you are a target of leadership, or in this case the (PAPACY), when they don't do something wrong, but try to reassure you that nothing was done (PURPOSELY) to you of a vindictive nature. You're like, where did that come from????????????? Why would they thin that???????

When the people are mesmerized by the music and are then brain dead to whatever the Pastor says. That tongues today is gibberish, but only to the hearers. The reasoning is that what they are saying to God is no one else's business.....This totally goes against what happened at Pentecost. The purpose of the tongues are varied, but the result was clear...... THOUSANDS GOT SAVED!!!!!!!!!!!! So GIBBERISH, or nobody else's business leads to 1000's getting saved....Proposterous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's what a secret closet is for.

Later this same pastor does a teaching about it being an actual language. What?

The Pastor keeps bringing up tithing over and over after not mentioning it for a while. Why? The funds ain't flowin'..........

When they start claiming that God spoke to them and said............and it involves money! When they start using other people's doctrines (FALSE) on giving.

This is the #1 and most unfortunate. When they stop preaching about salvation, the resurrection, the virgin birth, etc.

Please read Mark 6:31-39

When the pastor can say anything, and the people shout.

Let me explain: I was at church and the pastor was preaching on being thankful. He was preaching about feeding the five thousand (Mark 6). He started getting it hyped up. Next thing you know, he states Jesus told the disciples to have the crowd sit down on the green grass. He then said, notice how they were in the desert, but now they are on green grass. The hooping and praising was on then.

Well being familiar with this passage, I never remember the people being in a desert that MIRACULOUSLY SPROUTED INTO GREEN GRASS. Being a responsible disciple, I looked the passage over again. Needless to say, I believe that I may have been the only one to see this. The worst part of it all was that the leadership was hype to.

Why am I writing this? The ROLE and RESPONSIBILITY of a PASTOR is crucial. CONGREGANTS that BLINDLY follow their PASTOR "CAN" be dangerous, "IF" and "WHEN" the PASTOR is in ERROR.

Now this pastor asks his people to challenge him when they think he is wrong. I have tried before, and the Gustapo did not respond.

When the leadership does not respond to possible correction or a challenge; THAT'S WHEN YOU KNOW YOUR CHURCH IS BECOMING CHARASMATIC. When leadership becomes a dictatorship.

Making the church a family affair or family business (i.e. Passing the torch from father to son, husband to wife, etc.).

Aren't many of these churches incorporated by the pasters as a business in their own names? If that's the case, how can the parishoners prevent this from happening? Not trying to start an aurgument but asking a question.

Sammy
Aren't many of these churches incorporated by the pasters as a business in their own names? If that's the case, how can the parishoners prevent this from happening? Not trying to start an aurgument but asking a question.

Never give a Pastor sole authority. Many congregants are fooled into doing this, because they trust the Pasor, as they should. But safeguards should be taken against ANY person who may BE or may BECOME corrupted.

I co-sign.