In the state of Rio de Janeiro, 5-10 September 2006. Many cash prizes for choreographers and dancers. Companies from all countries are invited to apply.
2. Artistic director wanted, USA
Ballet company founded in 1957 and school of 100 students seek artistic director.
3. Artistic director and instructor, USA
Artistic Director for a dance repertory company, and a full-time instructor of classical ballet, jazz or modern. Salary 37,500 US dollars.
4. Ballet teacher wanted, USA
Conservatory near New York searches for a ballet teacher with considerable experience. Excellent pay plus benefits.
5. Competition in Seoul, South Korea
International Dance Competition to be held 22-29 August 2006.
6. Festival in Ecuador
To take place in Quito 8-18 March 2007 under the theme "Women in dance".
7. Salsa festival in China
Qualifying round in Beijing, 10-13 August 2006, including workshops and performances.
8. Call for contributions - 20th World Dance Congress
Papers, performances, exhibitions/sales, classes, lectures, video presentations to be presented at the 20th World Congress on Dance Research. Olympic stadium at the coast of Athens, Greece, 25-29 October 2006. Apply early for visa to the European Union.
- The International Dance Council (CID) is the official umbrella organization for all forms of dance in all countries of the world.
- It is a non-profit non-governmental organization founded in 1973 within the UNESCO headquarters in Paris.
- It is a worldwide forum bringing together international, national and local organizations as well as select individuals active in dance.
- It represents the art of dance in general and advises the UNESCO, national and local government agencies, international organizations and institutions.