Return to Website

Dance Way Web Forum

Visit the Dance Way Web Forum

Dance Topics and much more...

Post a new article at no cost for the world to see!

Dance Way Web Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
2006 World Professional Standard Championship, Sept 17, Japan

I went to see the world Standard Championship where I found most of the World top Professional Standard dancers. This world competition was held together with
the Japan Open for Standard and Latin but of course everyone's eyes were on the World Standard Championship.

Such competition is very big compared to any one in Europe, because the competition floor is very same compared to Makuhari Stadium. And the reason
why many top dancers compete is of course is the prise money which is much bigger than in other competitions.

Honestly I got so tired at all since I was sitting there from around noon time to 8pm. Anyhow, the results of world standard championship 2006 was:-

1st: mirko gossoli & alessia betti/italy
2nd: timothy howson & joanne bolton/uk
3rd: jonathan wilkins & katusha demidova/usa

For me, katusha demidova's dance seems very graceful with her nice dress (light purple colour) amongst the above all though they were the 3rd.

In the Japan Open competition and I did not see at all any foreigner dancers for the final simply because most of the foreigners seems having come to Tokyo for the World Standard of course.

I took some photos, enjoy: http://www.danceway.com/photos2006.html

Naoki *********

Free Workshops with the cast from Simply Ballroom, the international spectacular

Dear Dance Enthusiast,

Simply Ballroom and the Johannesburg Civic Centre are presenting 2 free ballroom and latin workshops with the cast of Simply Ballroom. These will take place on Thursday 5 October and Thursday 12 October, but you must RSVP to Josina Barnes.

The Civic will even be arranging busses for those who will travel from the out lying areas (sorry Gauteng only!), so make sure you book your place.

Details of how to book your place are available on the SA DanceSport web site.

Best regards

Francois Triegaardt

Webmaster

SA DanceSport - South Africa's Premiere DanceSport web site.

www.sadancesport.co.za

webmaster@sadancesport.co.za