Return to Website

NG Owners Club Forum

Welcome to the NG Owners Club Forum.

This forum is intended for members of the NGOC, if you are not a member
please consider joining  it only costs £15 a year...

The views & comments expressed on this forum are the views and comments of the person that posted them. The NG owners club does not take any responsibility for any views or comments made on the forum. The NG owners club reserves the right to remove any posting from the forum.

NG Owners Club Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Ng Tf Queries

Dip stick: when you do extract it! tie a 5mm dia rope thro' the eye; long enough to leave under the carpet for next time - haven't checked mine for 10 years :(

OMG

I meant to say I have 75mm+ Dia hole in the top of the tunnel - slightly towards the gear level ie get my hand in.

Thanks for replies to my queries, the dipstick came out ok with a stronger tug and level was perfect, I ended up using apiece of 1/4" square wood with the levels marked on it and a piece of wire through it at gbox top to prevent it dropping in as the oil was too clean to show easily on metal,just waiting now for membership conformation and MOT next week.

It sounds obvious but (except for myself when I first filled the box 30 years ago), don't use EP90, should be 20/50 otherwise the o/d solenoid will stick and you won't have any gears! it happen when just getting on a channel ferry!

Rgs Mick