Return to Website

PC-Brake Accident Reconstruction Forum

Welcome to the PC-Brake Accident Reconstruction practitioner forum.   Anyone can post a message.  Have a question about a case?  Want to share your ideas to help others?  Perhaps you have a comment?  The PC-Brake Accident Reconstruction practitioner forum is where accident reconstruction is discussed.

PC-Brake Accident Reconstruction Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Dr. Limpert is he really retired?

Yes, he is really retired. Just ask his wife. The only drag factor he works on these days, is dragging the garbage can to the curb every Tuesday. For my foreign friends, that is the day when the big garbage truck comes. Every other Tuesday is recycling. I have to drag two cans!
But it was fun, facing 200 to 300 juries and judges, about 600 to 1000 lawyers, and teaching about 1500 engineers and police officers or so about energy balance. In my first SAE brake class in Florida in 1982 or 3 I had about 22 engineers attending. But in the next class a year later at the International SAE Conference in Detroit 105 people registered. And SAE had to schedule two Limpert seminars that week. And from then on 2 or 3 seminars each year and my good friend Franco Gamero always helped to make it fun, particularly with the visual aids and the software programing! There is one thing more, my friend Bruce Enz and his crash tests. He drove his truck pushing it into the a stationary subject vehicle to be impacted. It was indeed a miracle when it hit somewhere close. But it always hit something!!!

Questions, call or e-mail me 801-201-2532 or prpsourc@xmission.com.