Return to Website

GLO's Exposed Discussion Forum

This is the forum area where you can discuss topics related to the Biblical exposure of Greek organizations. All posts are reviewed; if they are offensive they'll be deleted. 

Any copyrighted material contained herein is for: criticism, comments, news reporting, teaching, scholarship, and research. All used in accordance with the Fair Use Exception 17 USC 107. 

GLO's Exposed Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Why Tithe?

I just came from a Panel Discussion on Greek Life and Christianity. I can say this one thing, which I often say to myself. I am glad God humbled me, pulled me out of church for about a year, and that I gladly accepted His Word, not the word of others.

I say that to say this; that in the church, mostly black oriented churches, that we have not come to a point where we do not always feel the NEED to have someone in authority over us. I did not bring up the subject of tithing during the discussion, but a door was open to discuss it afterwards. Both of the other preachers had hemmed and hawed about being careful with doctrine and interpretaion. So some ques had some questions about their frat. They knew about the burial ceremony in their ritual, but overlooked the fact that it states their dead brethren are at peace with God WITHOUT JESUS CHRIST. They asked me a question about why am I putting their stuff out their like that. I explained that their information is not really secret, but just used to confirm identity. I then stated, shouldn't anything bad be exposed when it affects the body of Christ. "YES"! Let's take tithing for example.................. Uh Oh! The 2 preachers there were all ears. As soon as I stated that tithing was not a part of the New Covenant, the young que spouted Malachi 3 and robbing God. The Pastor used the OLD, "are we supposed to throw the O.T. stuff away". He then made 2 other statements, which of neither could be supported by scripture. The one I remember was he stated that the Levitical Priesthood is still alive through the current leadership model of the New Testament. When I showed him how the model actually existed, he had nothing to say. The young man who brought up Malachi 3, I simply stated, who is God addressing in Malchi 1, 2, and 3? I don't know! The priests!!!!! Then with all I have learned, thank God, I dealt the killer blow. So, just as it was then it is today, the priests are the robbers.

The other preacher who was there didn't say anything either. His pastor preaches tithing with a pimpness.