Return to Website

GLO's Exposed Discussion Forum

This is the forum area where you can discuss topics related to the Biblical exposure of Greek organizations. All posts are reviewed; if they are offensive they'll be deleted. 

Any copyrighted material contained herein is for: criticism, comments, news reporting, teaching, scholarship, and research. All used in accordance with the Fair Use Exception 17 USC 107. 

GLO's Exposed Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: EXPOSING OMEGA PSI PHI

Can you come around and introduce yourself so we can meet you?

Instant Messenger: maybe u should come around and introduce yourself so we can meet you yourself

Im considering joining Omega Psi Phi but dont know if I should join or not, if anyone has a copy of the ritual please email it it me Thanks JavasMccall@gmail.com

was this directed towards me?

what's up Javas? give me a call when you get a chance 919/278-8911

I received some emails from two ques. I am going to give them in their entirety. Que 2 was copied on the first email and did not respond until I did.

Que 1
Dearest Brother or Sister: I don't know how to properly address you as your identity is veiled under your organization/church's name, but I wanted to reach out to you in response to some of the things you have on your website. I can't speak to the level or sincerity of your faith, as you cannot speak to mine, but what I can speak to is your misplaced denunciation of Omega Psi Phi. The portions of our ritual you selectively misquoted are taken out of context, and (to the educated eye) are laughable as points of argument; my concern is for those who have neither listened to, nor live by the tenets of our ritual. Let me give offer some historical accuracies, and hopefully a desire to seek the full truth before publishing supposition and subjective opinion.

Omega Psi Phi was founded by, along with three other great men, Bishop Edgar A. Love. Bishop Love was the son of Rev. Julius Love - a Methodist Minister, and Susie Love - herself a licensed minister and the first female graduate of Morgan College. Bishop Love received Bachelor of Arts and Bachelor of Divinity degrees from Howard University, a Bachelor of Sacred Theology from Boston University School of Theology, and was conferred a Doctorate of Divinity from Morgan College. He served as Pastor of several churches in Washington, DC and Maryland before being called to serve as a Chaplain in the US Army during World War I. After being honorably discharged, he became Professor of History and Bible Studies at Morgan College. God called him to Pastor several congregations in Pennsylvania, West Virginia, and again in Maryland before being tapped as District Superintendent of the Washington Conference of the Methodist Church, the Methodist Department of Negro Work, and was elected as Bishop of the segregated Central Conference of the Methodist Church. He even came out of retirement to serve as Bishop of the Atlantic Coast Area (Alabama, Florida, Georgia, and Mississippi).

Bishop Love was the first Grand Basileus of Omega, and was oft quoted as saying, "religion is life in God and should be the guiding force in all affairs". Before his death, at the 52nd Grand Conclave in your home state, Bishop Love said regarding his career, "I efforted to ensure the Church, wherever I was, functioned as a community center for the people of the neighborhood, as well as a temple of worship for the most high God." Does this sound like a man who would endorse, let alone birth, an organization founded on and/or based in idolatry?

Clearly, you have obtained a copy of our ritual, so it would be a good representative of fair balance if you would also inform your readers that it fully quotes Hebrews 11:6, and references the Apostle Paul and Timothy when speaking of a good soldier (pretty shady how you chose to leave that part out). Bishop Love penned the inclusion of "Fatherhood of God" and "Almighty God" throughout the ritual. You also selectively failed to mention references to the friendship of David and Jonathan... the very basis of our fraternal motto, and the founder's blatant plagiarism of Ruth 1:16. I took my oath to Omega with my right hand on the Bible, and joined with my new Brothers in a prayer immediately following my initiation... an act I have repeated many times with young brothers I helped bring into the fold of Omega. I have not attended a Fraternity meeting that did not open with prayer, and even as we hold our Grand Basileus (National President) in high esteem, even he must kneel before the power of the Supreme Basileus (God).

While it is true that the ritual does reference Antar, a Muslim, does not the Bible reference Ishmael... the Father of Islam? Should then we denounce Genesis 17 which says, "And as for Ishmael, I have heard you: I will surely bless him; I will make him fruitful and will greatly increase his numbers. He will be the father of twelve rulers, and I will make him into a great nation"... let's be real here. Cherry picking is a literary fallacy, and is called confirmation bias in legal circles - you would be well served to heed Ephesians 4:25 before your next attempt at evangelism.

Min. H's Response
Firstly, my identity is not veiled. My name and phone number are on the site. As for your comments, they lack context, substance, and a biblical worldview. When I get to a desktop, I will fully explain these issues. Your comments about. In making assumptions about my Greek affiliation, you have made quite an error. As for my personal information, 919/278-8911 is my phone number.

You accuse me of cherry picking, yet you speak from a position of ignorance as far as I am concerned. And by the way, since when does a person have to be affiliated with an organization to understand it? Don't know the name of that logical fallacy, it may not even be one, but assumption is a terrible way to go about lodging a position.

Que 2's response:
This a truly sad commentary. No one cares about your opinion regarding their personal choices. So why comment? Here's why. I suspect that you are seeking to have this website generate marketing and advertising sales. The demographic you are attacking represents the highest earners of the largest consuming public within the US. The fact that you introduce religion into your argument but don't have a valid informed point of view makes you a Pharisee, and with that you need your table turned over...We as black Greeks preserve our secrecy so that we can gauge the distance of the unworthy from that of the initiated. You knocked at the service entrance of which requires a key. The problem is no one but an uninitiated knocks at that door. And if it were to open and the full light of those behind it were to STRIKE your eyes, you would do everything within your power to close it, close back again. I find it sophomoric that rather than behave like an adult and truly find out about the members of the Divine Nine, you fly into a tantrum because you have not understood the quality of thought necessary to present yourself as one worthy of truly receiving answers to the questions that you beg answers to.

Min. H's Response:
Dude, my book is free on the website. You say no one cares, but I personally know and/or have had some sort of personal contact with hundreds of denounced Greeks, many of whom discussed many others who had denounced as well. As for wage earning, it does not equate to wisdom and knowledge concerning that money. Instead of owning hotels to have national meetings, you pay people to have them, when Greeks could own the hotels and generate money throughout the year.

Continued

Que 1's Response:
Brother or sister (you still haven't identified that), I'm glad my comments have touched a nerve. I pray that it does so to the degree that, in time, you will look upon them in the spirit with which they were offered - truth. I made no assumptions as to your affiliation, nor does it particularly matter. What I can safely deduce is that you are not a member of Omega Psi Phi, hence my admonition that you equitably reference my organization.

I gave clear examples of your cherry picking - no accusations involved. Read your posting about Omega to refresh your memory, but I know nobody likes to hear someone call their baby ugly. People like you, and political organizations and ministries like yours specialize in appealing to the uneducated and gullible - I don't knock the hustle, just know there are those among us who know better, and have no problem telling your baby is indeed ugly.

Concerning my "Biblical world view", I'm an Acts 1:8 guy - there's enough foolishness in Jerusalem and Judea (your website is an testament to that) without worrying about Samaria and the ends of the earth. I'll leave "world views", or whatever new pseudo-theological catchphrase they're parroting on TBN, to you and yours.

We don't need to talk, and I don't want a pen pal. Your points have been made, as I pray have mine. It is evidenced that nothing I could say would ever change your mind, but I pray one day the Lord will.

Que 2's Response:
Internet income is driven by clicks not book sales, clicks that lead to views of advertisement posted on your web page. And I intend to stop those clicks before you can sell them off. And how we spend our pocket money isn't your business. When we have conventions, it is to get away from our daily grind, not to exploit, which is what the unworthy tend to do, view everything as a money making opportunity the gathering of like minded people.

The problem I have with folk trying to force their religious beliefs on people is for some strange reason these often poorly educated induce the highest levels of intellectual prowess to regress intellectually so they can "Receive" the word. God is the word and the word is god- who is with us. I try to keep my beliefs ???, don't expose them to nonsense. However, I will offer this: John 8:44, You are of your father the devil and the lusts of your father you will do for he was a murderer in the beginning and abodes not in the truth; when he speaketh a lie he speaketh his own for he is a lie and the father of it. Come to the front door and ring the bell.

Min. H's Response:
Both of you are speaking out of ignorance and error. I am going to enjoy picking these emails apart at my earliest convenience.

You use words like truth, and phrases like the fatherhood of God, having no real idea what they mean. While you all uphold your organizations to be something to behold, among the supposed intelligent, the issue of hazing still reigns supreme. The biggest internal squabble among Greeks is paper and real.

Since I started exposing Greek organizations, they have become less relevant, more foolish, and as for the black ones, they have no impact on the real issues facing the black community.

I actually spoke at the University of Houston on the very subject of exposing Greeks. It's funny that almost everywhere I go they tell their pledges not to come. The pledges they are illegally hazing.

This is my full response to Que 1
Now here is my full response.

Que 1
Dearest Brother or Sister: I don't know how to properly address you as your identity is veiled under your organization/church's name, but I wanted to reach out to you in response to some of the things you have on your website.

Min. H
Everyone else who has come to this website knows my affiliation, name, and how to contact me.

Que 1
I can't speak to the level or sincerity of your faith, as you cannot speak to mine, but what I can speak to is your misplaced denunciation of Omega Psi Phi. The portions of our ritual you selectively misquoted are taken out of context, and (to the educated eye) are laughable as points of argument; my concern is for those who have neither listened to, nor live by the tenets of our ritual. Let me give offer some historical accuracies, and hopefully a desire to seek the full truth before publishing supposition and subjective opinion.

Min. H
An educated eye would have been well able to figure out who I was, what I WAS a member of, and have already tried to place doubt as to my knowledge and credentials, not even knowing what they are. Notice below are not really his own words

Que 1
Omega Psi Phi was founded by, along with three other great men, Bishop Edgar A. Love. Bishop Love was the son of Rev. Julius Love - a Methodist Minister, and Susie Love - herself a licensed minister and the first female graduate of Morgan College. Bishop Love received Bachelor of Arts and Bachelor of Divinity degrees from Howard University, a Bachelor of Sacred Theology from Boston University School of Theology, and was conferred a Doctorate of Divinity from Morgan College. He served as Pastor of several churches in Washington, DC and Maryland before being called to serve as a Chaplain in the US Army during World War I. After being honorably discharged, he became Professor of History and Bible Studies at Morgan College. God called him to Pastor several congregations in Pennsylvania, West Virginia, and again in Maryland before being tapped as District Superintendent of the Washington Conference of the Methodist Church, the Methodist Department of Negro Work, and was elected as Bishop of the segregated Central Conference of the Methodist Church. He even came out of retirement to serve as Bishop of the Atlantic Coast Area (Alabama, Florida, Georgia, and Mississippi).

Bishop Love was the first Grand Basileus of Omega, and was oft quoted as saying, "religion is life in God and should be the guiding force in all affairs". Before his death, at the 52nd Grand Conclave in your home state, Bishop Love said regarding his career, "I efforted to ensure the Church, wherever I was, functioned as a community center for the people of the neighborhood, as well as a temple of worship for the most high God." Does this sound like a man who would endorse, let alone birth, an organization founded on and/or based in idolatry?

Min. H
There is no mention of him being a 32nd degree Mason, a well-known idolatrous organization, of which many tenets in the ritual are based as we will see below. There are many with these credentials that are known false prophets and teachers, so I would not base the credibility of an organization on the foundation of men.

Que 1
Clearly, you have obtained a copy of our ritual, so it would be a good representative of fair balance if you would also inform your readers that it fully quotes Hebrews 11:6, and references the Apostle Paul and Timothy when speaking of a good soldier (pretty shady how you chose to leave that part out).

Min. H
He must not have read the whole thread. From my site and my own words, “Its founders that were Christians by title seemed a bit afraid to exalt Jesus as Lord and God and conveniently left his name out of scripture they used in their ritual” II Timothy 2:3. These is the good soldier scripture. In the 1934, 1952, and 1976 ritual, it is written as, “endure hardness as a good soldier”. The ritual leaves out, “OF JESUS CHRIST”, PURPOSELY. Why????? In the explanation of the test of endurance it states, to endure all things for Omega and to share in Omega’s hardships and misfortunes. So what these fine Christian men in Omega, including the Bishop, should have quoted was’ “ENDURE HARDNESS AS A SOLDIER OF OMEGA”.

The same goes for the other scripture referenced above. IT ALSO POINTS TO OMEGA, FAITH IN OMEGA AND ITS BROTHERS, A FAITH SO STRONG THAT YOU COULD TRUST THEM WITH YOUR DEEP HEARTFELT SECRETS.

So who is leaving out context here? You see, he has to leave out the details in order to be obedient to Omega. The five tests he took all brainwashed him and many other to actually become slaves to the fraternity.

Que 1
Bishop Love penned the inclusion of "Fatherhood of God" and "Almighty God" throughout the ritual. You also selectively failed to mention references to the friendship of David and Jonathan... the very basis of our fraternal motto, and the founder's blatant plagiarism of Ruth 1:16.

Min. H
I did not fail to mention them. From this thread, “The Fatherhood of God and The Universal Brotherhood of Man is taught by Omega Psi Phi and others GLO's. This is a masonic and demonic principle. Why would ANY CHRSTIAN want to defend it? A principle that says that worshipping Jesus, Allah, or Vishnu are all one and the same. They are separate, but equal, and all lead to the ONE CREATOR.”

The Jonathan and David story goes back to the same theme. The entire teaching is to have faith in your brothers. It has nothing really to do with their friendship, except to use its strength as an example for how you should be toward other brothers. THE FALLACY AND FOOLISHNESS IS THAT THEY GREEKS BELIEVE A HAZING PROCESS AND 4-52 WEEKS CAN BRING ABOUT THAT KIND OF RELATIONSHIP. THEY ARE SADLY MISTAKEN.

And I am so glad you brought up Ruth 1:16-

And Ruth said, Intreat me not to leave thee, or to return from following after thee: for whither thou goest, I will go; and where thou lodgest, I will lodge: thy people shall be my people, and thy God my God:

Ruth was speaking of Jehovah ALONE. It is a well know fact that when pledging there are guys of various religious beliefs. The use of this scripture is completely pluralistic in nature. ANY GOD CAN BE ASSUMED HERE. So Que 1, if Allah is your frat brother’s God, IS HIS GOD YOUR GOD????????????

The Fatherhood of God and the Universal Brotherhood of Man! Remember above when I said where tenets of the ritual came from? Well, masonry is not where they originate, but came from and/or were accepted by the founders, 3 of 4 which are know to be masons. I did discuss this in this thread as well.

“The Fatherhood of God and The Universal Brotherhood of Man is taught by Omega Psi Phi and others GLO's. This is a masonic and demonic principle. Why would ANY CHRISTIAN want to defend it? A principle that says that worshipping Jesus, Allah, or Vishnu are all one and the same. They are separate, but equal, and all lead to the ONE CREATOR.”

Que 1
I took my oath to Omega with my right hand on the Bible, and joined with my new Brothers in a prayer immediately following my initiation... an act I have repeated many times with young brothers I helped bring into the fold of Omega. I have not attended a Fraternity meeting that did not open with prayer, and even as we hold our Grand Basileus (National President) in high esteem, even he must kneel before the power of the Supreme Basileus (God).

Min. H
Who is that God? What is his Name? You see everyone, this is what happens as a result of being a part of an organization that does not honor God, and teach its members to think biblically. He is trying to defend Omega by using OMEGA’s principles, NOT BIBLICAL ONES.

Que 1
While it is true that the ritual does reference Antar, a Muslim, does not the Bible reference Ishmael. the Father of Islam? Should then we denounce Genesis 17 which says, "And as for Ishmael, I have heard you: I will surely bless him; I will make him fruitful and will greatly increase his numbers. He will be the father of twelve rulers, and I will make him into a great nation"... let's be real here. Cherry picking is a literary fallacy, and is called confirmation bias in legal circles - you would be well served to heed Ephesians 4:25 before your next attempt at evangelism.

Min. H
I do not believe a response was necessary, as I already previously responded to it with one exception. I give you your own warning, "you would be well served to heed Ephesians 4:25 before your next attempt at evangelism." Que 1

Minister, I am responding to the portion of one of your posts where you said the following:

And Ruth said, Intreat me not to leave thee, or to return from following after thee: for whither thou goest, I will go; and where thou lodgest, I will lodge: thy people shall be my people, and thy God my God:

Ruth was speaking of Jehovah ALONE. It is a well know fact that when pledging there are guys of various religious beliefs. The use of this scripture is completely pluralistic in nature. ANY GOD CAN BE ASSUMED HERE. So Que 1, if Allah is your frat brother’s God, IS HIS GOD YOUR GOD????????????

In response that comment:
I am first and foremost a Christian, and I am an active member of Omega Psi Phi Fraternity Inc. In answer to your question "If my frat brother's God is Allah, is his God my God?"...actually, the answer is Yes. Allah, in Arabic, translates literally to "the God", and refers to the same God that Abraham worshiped. Since he (Abraham) is considered to be the father of monotheistic faiths (Islam, Judaism, and Christianity), the accepted school of thought is that the early followers of each of these faiths worshiped the same God.

Your post assumes that Muslims and Christians do not worship the same God. They (We) do. They just don't believe the same things about that ONE GOD. I won't insult your intelligence by explaining to a minister the differences between Christian and Muslim beliefs. I will say this though, that the core difference between Christians and Muslims is the same as the difference between Christians and Jews...in that neither Jews nor Muslims recognize the Trinity, though they both recognize Jesus as important. SO, does your question have any relevance if it is changed to this...If Elohim is your frat brother's God, is his God your God??

Inspector12
Minister, I am responding to the portion of one of your posts where you said the following:

I am first and foremost a Christian, and I am an active member of Omega Psi Phi Fraternity Inc. In answer to your question "If my frat brother's God is Allah, is his God my God?"...actually, the answer is Yes. Allah, in Arabic, translates literally to "the God", and refers to the same God that Abraham worshiped. Since he (Abraham) is considered to be the father of monotheistic faiths (Islam, Judaism, and Christianity), the accepted school of thought is that the early followers of each of these faiths worshiped the same God.

Your post assumes that Muslims and Christians do not worship the same God. They (We) do. They just don't believe the same things about that ONE GOD. I won't insult your intelligence by explaining to a minister the differences between Christian and Muslim beliefs. I will say this though, that the core difference between Christians and Muslims is the same as the difference between Christians and Jews...in that neither Jews nor Muslims recognize the Trinity, though they both recognize Jesus as important. SO, does your question have any relevance if it is changed to this...If Elohim is your frat brother's God, is his God your God??

I want you to seriously do some study on Jehovah and Allah being the same God, and when you do consider one question; DOES ALLAH HAVE A SON?

Later I plan to dissect the remainder of your post.

Inspector12

Min. H
I am glad we agree on the plurality of these organizations. Religious plurality is not a Christian principle.

Inspector12

Min. H
Please show proof of this as it is obvious that Judaism, Islam, and Christianity accepted this school of thought. The Bible certainly does not accept this school of thought. Islam certainly does not accept many tenets of Judaism and Christianity.

Inspector12
Your post assumes that Muslims and Christians do not worship the same God.

Min. H
This is no assumption. Does Allah claim to have a Son in whom he is well pleased? Does Jehovah? So either this God who you claim to be the same is lying to different groups of people or that Jesus and the Holy Spirit are liars. Only one can be true, both wrong, but both statements cannot be true. You make the choice.

Inspector12
They (We) do. They just don't believe the same things about that ONE GOD. I won't insult your intelligence by explaining to a minister the differences between Christian and Muslim beliefs. I will say this though, that the core difference between Christians and Muslims is the same as the difference between Christians and Jews...in that neither Jews nor Muslims recognize the Trinity, though they both recognize Jesus as important. SO, does your question have any relevance if it is changed to this...If Elohim is your frat brother's God, is his God your God??

Min. H
Not really, he has to be my God to make it so. But the problem for the person who professes Christianity who believes such a lie is this question, am I a believer in the ONLY TRUE GOD, Jesus Christ, if I believe that Allah and Jehovah are the same God?

Thanks for posting, and I hope this dialogue has helped you.

Minister H, you made the following statement in your response to me:

This is no assumption. Does Allah claim to have a Son in whom he is well pleased? Does Jehovah? So either this God who you claim to be the same is lying to different groups of people or that Jesus and the Holy Spirit are liars. Only one can be true, both wrong, but both statements cannot be true. You make the choice.

Here is a question that leads to what I think is your confusion (and the confusion of many). By what do Arabic Christians call God? They call him Allah, because Allah is the word in their language that means "God". What about Hispanic Christians? I'm sure they use Dios instead of "God".

Do you think Abraham called God by the name "God"? Certainly not. English wasn't spoken back then. Elohim or El Shaddai, which were probably the names used during his time, translate to "God" and "God Almighty" respectively.

We (Christians) associate the term/name "Allah" with Islam because Islam was founded by Muhammad, an Arabic-speaking descendant of Ishmael. Ishmael is recognized in the Bible as the eldest son of Abraham, born of Hagar, the maidservant to Sarah. Obviously the split starts there, so without a long, drawn out history lesson, understand that the only God Ishmael knew was that of his father Abraham (our God). Muslims acknowledge that their God is the same God Abraham serves. In fact, they believe that Abraham was prepared to sacrifice Ishmael on the altar, not Issac. Of course, we believe that to be false, but the point there is to offer anecdotal evidence that the God of Abraham is also theirs.

Minister, you also made this statement:

The answer is yes...Just because Muslims and Jews don't believe it doesn't make it so. Once again, just to beat a dead horse, Allah is the Arabic term for God; and if it is the same God that Abraham followed (and it is), then yes, El Shaddai/God Almighty/Allah/Jehovah did have a Son in whom He is well pleased. God isn't lying to any group of people. God is just being God. God IS! You are right, either God, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit are one, or they are not. I believe they are indeed one, which makes me Christian. Muslims and Jews do not, which in our minds make them wrong. But just because they are wrong about this most important aspect of our Lord does not mean that they worship a different god.

Inspector12
Minister H, you made the following statement in your response to me:

Here is a question that leads to what I think is your confusion (and the confusion of many). By what do Arabic Christians call God? They call him Allah, because Allah is the word in their language that means "God". What about Hispanic Christians? I'm sure they use Dios instead of "God".

Do you think Abraham called God by the name "God"? Certainly not. English wasn't spoken back then. Elohim or El Shaddai, which were probably the names used during his time, translate to "God" and "God Almighty" respectively.

We (Christians) associate the term/name "Allah" with Islam because Islam was founded by Muhammad, an Arabic-speaking descendant of Ishmael. Ishmael is recognized in the Bible as the eldest son of Abraham, born of Hagar, the maidservant to Sarah. Obviously the split starts there, so without a long, drawn out history lesson, understand that the only God Ishmael knew was that of his father Abraham (our God). Muslims acknowledge that their God is the same God Abraham serves. In fact, they believe that Abraham was prepared to sacrifice Ishmael on the altar, not Issac. Of course, we believe that to be false, but the point there is to offer anecdotal evidence that the God of Abraham is also theirs.

Minister, you also made this statement:

The answer is yes...Just because Muslims and Jews don't believe it doesn't make it so. Once again, just to beat a dead horse, Allah is the Arabic term for God; and if it is the same God that Abraham followed (and it is), then yes, El Shaddai/God Almighty/Allah/Jehovah did have a Son in whom He is well pleased. God isn't lying to any group of people. God is just being God. God IS! You are right, either God, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit are one, or they are not. I believe they are indeed one, which makes me Christian. Muslims and Jews do not, which in our minds make them wrong. But just because they are wrong about this most important aspect of our Lord does not mean that they worship a different god.

Oh, but it does mean they worship a different God.
I John 2
21 I write to you, not because you do not know the truth, but because you know it, and because no lie is of the truth. 22 Who is the liar but khe who denies that Jesus is the Christ? This is bthe antichrist, he who denies the Father and the Son. 23 lNo one who denies the Son has the Father. Whoever confesses the Son has the Father also. 24 Let what you heard from the beginning abide in you. If what you heard from the beginning abides in you, then nyou too will abide in the Son and in the Father. 25 And this is the promise that he made to us eternal life.

Neither worship Jesus. So to your reference of Christians Muslims referring to God as Allah. Allah is the name for one God. Islam had many gods before narrowing it down to one God, Allah. Allah is the moon god, not Jehovah God.

Allah does not bear the same character, personality, nature and attributes as the God of the Bible, so when they call God Allah, they need to understand it is just a generic term, but not the same God as Jehovah.

I repeat, Allah and Jehovah are not the same God. If they were, both would have a Son named Jesus Christ who was born of a virgin, and died on a cross.

Allah is a PRE-Islamic compounded from Al-ilah. Allah is simply a generic term or name, while Jehovah, Jesus, etc. are personal, have specific meaning, and bear certain attributes, many of which Allah does not.

Minister, with all due respect, we believe our God, the God of Abraham, has a Son, who is seated at His right hand. Muslims believe that the God of Abraham has no Son. He is the same God. You say that "Allah" does not have the same character, personality, nature and attributes as the God of the Bible. You are wrong. The nature and attributes are indeed more than similar, but who assigned those attributes anyway? Men assigned those attributes according to their belief. The attribute that ties them together is what I mentioned in my second sentence...He is the God of Abraham. Christianity, Judaism, and Islam all lay claim to this. What each group believes about Him is different (Judaism and Islam hold beliefs that are more similar to each other than to Christianity). Another important attribute is that Muslims do recognize Jesus to be a significant figure in their faith. They just don't recognize him as God's Son.

According to scholars, 1 John 2:21, (actually all of 1 John), was written in defense of our belief that Christ was born of the flesh, and that his death was atonement for our sins. Some who were leaders in the Church during Jesus' earthly lifetime, and just afterwards did not believe that the Christ was born of the flesh. The text was meant to bolster the beliefs that have become the cornerstone of our faith as Christians. We have logically expanded the meaning of the text to include followers of other faiths (Abrahamic as well as pagan/polytheistic religions). Neither Muslims nor Jews are the devil, nor the anti-Christ (although the anti-Christ could indeed come from either of these groups). They just don't know the Truth about the God they serve.

Allah is not "pre-Arabic"...it is pre-Islamic, and yes, it literally translates to One God. In the Islamic context (and to Arab Christians too), it means "The One God". Islam is a monotheistic religion and has never had more than one god...only God (Allah in Arabic). They believe that God has many names, and for that matter, we Christians refer to him by several names. You do realize that "God" is not his name, right? Well...neither is it Allah. God and Allah are "names" used to refer to "the God of Abraham".

Inspector12
Minister, with all due respect, we believe our God, the God of Abraham, has a Son, who is seated at His right hand. Muslims believe that the God of Abraham has no Son. He is the same God. You say that "Allah" does not have the same character, personality, nature and attributes as the God of the Bible. You are wrong. The nature and attributes are indeed more than similar, but who assigned those attributes anyway? Men assigned those attributes according to their belief. The attribute that ties them together is what I mentioned in my second sentence...He is the God of Abraham. Christianity, Judaism, and Islam all lay claim to this. What each group believes about Him is different (Judaism and Islam hold beliefs that are more similar to each other than to Christianity). Another important attribute is that Muslims do recognize Jesus to be a significant figure in their faith. They just don't recognize him as God's Son.

According to scholars, 1 John 2:21, (actually all of 1 John), was written in defense of our belief that Christ was born of the flesh, and that his death was atonement for our sins. Some who were leaders in the Church during Jesus' earthly lifetime, and just afterwards did not believe that the Christ was born of the flesh. The text was meant to bolster the beliefs that have become the cornerstone of our faith as Christians. We have logically expanded the meaning of the text to include followers of other faiths (Abrahamic as well as pagan/polytheistic religions). Neither Muslims nor Jews are the devil, nor the anti-Christ (although the anti-Christ could indeed come from either of these groups). They just don't know the Truth about the God they serve.

Allah is not "pre-Arabic"...it is pre-Islamic, and yes, it literally translates to One God. In the Islamic context (and to Arab Christians too), it means "The One God". Islam is a monotheistic religion and has never had more than one god...only God (Allah in Arabic). They believe that God has many names, and for that matter, we Christians refer to him by several names. You do realize that "God" is not his name, right? Well...neither is it Allah. God and Allah are "names" used to refer to "the God of Abraham".

"Muslims do recognize Jesus to be a significant figure in their faith."

First, this is simply a cop out response because we are not discussing Jesus' significance. Second, this is the most significant issue. The scriptures are replete that Jesus was God made flesh, so I John was not even necessary to establish that truth, so let's dispense with the RED HERRINGS and move on.

But the issue of Jesus being God's Son is more that just that. Jesus is God, and that is what makes Christianity different than the other two. But it's not just a difference. It is saying that God is either a liar. So either Jesus is God or just a significant figure. Who's lying Inspector12? Which is true? This os no difference in BELIEF. Both scriptures are saying DIFFERENT things about one person. Two things that CANNOT exist simultaneously. Either Jesus is God or He is not. So Inspector12, IS HE GOD OR NOT? OH, I'm sorry, I am forcing you to take sides on an issue of truth. Two opposing truths about the same thing cannot logically exist. Can two identical chairs occupy the same space?

Truth Claim #1- God has no Son
Truth Claim #2- God has a Son

Either 1 or 2 is correct, or they're both wrong. So which is TRUE Inspector12?

Well, Minister...I was trying to remain respectful while making my point, but since you think you are "forcing me to take sides on an issue of truth", I'll respond. As I said in my last post, they (muslims) don't know the Truth about the God they serve. I believe the following: That God has a Son, Jesus, who was born of the flesh. He was crucified, and died for the sins of man. He was resurrected three days after his execution, and is seated at the right hand of the Father. I believe in the Trinity, God in three persons, Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. You have called me out really for no reason...much in the same way wounded animals attack when cornered, even if the person in front of them is trying to help them. I know who my God is, and I am secure not only in my Christianity, but most importantly, in my salvation.

You said "Jesus is God", which again, is the basis of our Christian belief, but you left out two very important words. You left out "We believe". We cannot prove that Jesus is God, otherwise there would be no need for the word "faith". The definition of "faith" is " the firm belief in something for which there is no proof."

You proved my point when you said "Both scriptures are saying DIFFERENT things about one person." That is correct, and has been my point all along. The Christian belief is that Jesus is God's son; the Muslim belief is that God has no son. The point though, proven through simple research, is that God is the same deity for both groups...the ONLY God.

This is a matter of faith, Minister H, and what groups of people believe about God. There is no lie, and no one is suggesting that God is lying, especially me. That is ridiculous, and for you to make that stretch shows just how unreasonable you are.

As for the "RED HERRING"... what kind of minister are you?? John felt it important enough to devote an entire gospel to insuring the people of his time understood who Jesus was. Especially since many people of his time considered Jesus to merely be a prophet. Those people worshiped God, but did not recognize that Jesus was God in the flesh. So...my point that "Muslims do recognize Jesus to be a significant figure in their faith." was not a cop out. It was an important point that highlighted an attribute that tied Christianity to Islam. Christians and Muslims both believe that Jesus descended from Abraham. That whole point went back to your question of " if I am a Christian, and my brother's God is Allah, is his God my God? Again, according to the writings of both the Bible and the Qur'an, and the lineage of Abraham, Issac, Ishmael, Muhammed, and Jesus...the answer is yes.

To your last question.

I believe #2 - God has a Son.

Now, Minister H...can you prove it??? No, you can't. That is why you can't say it is fact. It is what we believe.

Inspector12
Well, Minister...I was trying to remain respectful while making my point, but since you think you are "forcing me to take sides on an issue of truth", I'll respond. As I said in my last post, they (muslims) don't know the Truth about the God they serve. I believe the following: That God has a Son, Jesus, who was born of the flesh. He was crucified, and died for the sins of man. He was resurrected three days after his execution, and is seated at the right hand of the Father. I believe in the Trinity, God in three persons, Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. You have called me out really for no reason...much in the same way wounded animals attack when cornered, even if the person in front of them is trying to help them. I know who my God is, and I am secure not only in my Christianity, but most importantly, in my salvation.

You said "Jesus is God", which again, is the basis of our Christian belief, but you left out two very important words. You left out "We believe". We cannot prove that Jesus is God, otherwise there would be no need for the word "faith". The definition of "faith" is " the firm belief in something for which there is no proof."

You proved my point when you said "Both scriptures are saying DIFFERENT things about one person." That is correct, and has been my point all along. The Christian belief is that Jesus is God's son; the Muslim belief is that God has no son. The point though, proven through simple research, is that God is the same deity for both groups...the ONLY God.

This is a matter of faith, Minister H, and what groups of people believe about God. There is no lie, and no one is suggesting that God is lying, especially me. That is ridiculous, and for you to make that stretch shows just how unreasonable you are.

As for the "RED HERRING"... what kind of minister are you?? John felt it important enough to devote an entire gospel to insuring the people of his time understood who Jesus was. Especially since many people of his time considered Jesus to merely be a prophet. Those people worshiped God, but did not recognize that Jesus was God in the flesh. So...my point that "Muslims do recognize Jesus to be a significant figure in their faith." was not a cop out. It was an important point that highlighted an attribute that tied Christianity to Islam. Christians and Muslims both believe that Jesus descended from Abraham. That whole point went back to your question of " if I am a Christian, and my brother's God is Allah, is his God my God? Again, according to the writings of both the Bible and the Qur'an, and the lineage of Abraham, Issac, Ishmael, Muhammed, and Jesus...the answer is yes.

To your last question.

I believe #2 - God has a Son.

Now, Minister H...can you prove it??? No, you can't. That is why you can't say it is fact. It is what we believe.

Define what you mean by proof? Then I'll be better able to answer your question.

"if I am a Christian, and my brother's God is Allah, is his God my God? Again, according to the writings of both the Bible and the Qur'an, and the lineage of Abraham, Issac, Ishmael, Muhammed, and Jesus...the answer is yes."

Again, you are incorrect. Allah and Jesus are not the same God. God says He is love. Where does Allah ever claim to be or love his people? Lineage has absolutely nothing to do with it. And by the way, Jehovah is the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob. As to lineage, when the Jews tried to stake that claim, Jesus shut it down with, before Abraham was I Am. So Muslims CLAIMING they serve the God of Abraham is far from it being true.

As for your salvation, I hope you are born again, why would I wish no less. But as far as Omega goes, that fraternity is neither Christian, nor is it founded upon Christians Principles. The fraternity willfully and sometimes proudly allows sinners to join. There is no accountability for one's sinful behavior and sin is perpetuated throughout generations of men who believe that going to Omega chapter is a great thing and that the good works they do FOR Omega will follow them. But it is Omega that's truly the problem and the weakness of believers to change things.

If Omega or any Greek Letter Organization for that matter wants to get rid of hazing, then there is a simple solution. But one problem is that there are people like you who claim to be born again swinging wood, drinking Omega oil, etc., while other believers watch them do it and say nothing.

Do you truly want to see hazing almost vanish overnight?

Simple research shows they are the same God. Tell me the method of research used, the means by which the evidence was judged, how much evidence was gathered, and please show me your RESEARCH? I taught a class on Islam.

As for the comment about John's letter towards me, you were the one casting shade on the authenticity of its message.

So if you choose to be unequally yoked with unbelievers, then so be it. The fact is not that the books are saying different things, it's that they are saying that One God is one thing and one is another. Case in point, if you believe the Bible and the Quran to be God Inspired, then the same God says He has a Son in one breath and not have a Son in the other. So if you believe Jehovah and Allah to be the same and inspired both scriptures, then you are calling Him a liar.

And if you want to truly judge my character, then you can call me and see how I act. 919/278-8911

Summary of my questions
Define what you mean by proof? Then I'll be better able to answer your question.

God says He is love. Where does Allah ever claim to be or love his people?

Do you truly want to see hazing almost vanish overnight?

Have you ever read I John 5:20-21?

Tell me the method of research used, the means by which the evidence was judged, how much evidence was gathered, and please show me your RESEARCH?

Simple research shows they are the same God. Tell me the method of research used, the means by which the evidence was judged, how much evidence was gathered, and please show me your RESEARCH?

This issue of faith!!!!!!!!! Have you ever read I John 5:20-21? The choice to believe is not based on faith alone. What does God have to do for you to know Him?

One question, are you made or paper?

I'm absolutely amazed to see this rubbish site still in existence.....

Have you published to Mason's secrets, too.....? No, I DON'T want them....!

Some of the people on here seem to have borderline personality disorders, low self esteem and distorted views of Christianity. None of what you all say to contradict the information about Omega Psi Phi will have any merit on diminishing it's growth, popularity or public service. You might as well tell the nation no to take an oath to their craft. Attorneys, Doctors, Military, presidents and the list goes on who take oaths and pledge allegiance to uphold the principles of their office/organization. They are not denouncing the diety and God of all Gods, the creator of the heavens and the earth, nor have they made the organization their God(s).
Being bitter is lower than being delusional. Brothers and non brothers reading this should use intelligence and common sense to see through those who chose to vilify this or any organization only following its creed to uphold the policy and procedures of the organization, not replace our God.

I read the doctrine of the KKK and if I were ignorant, I'd probably believe that I am truly inferior to them and that God hates all other races. If you want to expose an organization for misrepresenting Gods word, spend your time there and stop being like all other ignorant and bitter crabs in a barrel. Do confuse an allegiance or oath with a declaration for a Lord and Savior. Semantics my brothers. Get a thesaurus or dictionary if you must.

Tony D

Some of the people on here seem to have borderline personality disorders, low self esteem and distorted views of Christianity. None of what you all say to contradict the information about Omega Psi Phi will have any merit on diminishing it's growth, popularity or public service.

Min. H
Omega doesn't need any help to diminish its public service. What public service? As for its popularity, No so popular either. Now if you want to speak to its growth, Members vs. Men is not really working the way you guys intended. And based on your comment, you don't have a good understanding of it either.

Tony D
You might as well tell the nation no to take an oath to their craft. Attorneys, Doctors, Military, presidents and the list goes on who take oaths and pledge allegiance to uphold the principles of their office/organization. They are not denouncing the diety and God of all Gods, the creator of the heavens and the earth, nor have they made the organization their God(s).

Min. H
See how weak you are. You have to run to other things to make what you do appear to be okay. Why don't you post your oath up here and see if it stands up to Biblical Muster?

In whose name do Muslims in your organization swear an oath to?

Tony D
Being bitter is lower than being delusional. Brothers and non brothers reading this should use intelligence and common sense to see through those who chose to vilify this or any organization only following its creed to uphold the policy and procedures of the organization, not replace our God.

Min. H
That's a lie, and you know it. Who is the God of Omega? The words to, for, and of Omega are mentioned over 40 times in the ritual. Why is II Timothy 2:3 misquoted, leaving out Jesus ON PURPOSE? I could go on and on.

Tony D
I read the doctrine of the KKK and if I were ignorant, I'd probably believe that I am truly inferior to them and that God hates all other races. If you want to expose an organization for misrepresenting Gods word, spend your time there and stop being like all other ignorant and bitter crabs in a barrel. Do confuse an allegiance or oath with a declaration for a Lord and Savior. Semantics my brothers. Get a thesaurus or dictionary if you must.

Min. H
Stop beating your fellow black men from head to toe, just like the KKK did. Hypocrite!!

Whoever your are, you need to get a life. Why are you so obsessed with the Ques? You didnt make it? I am An Omega. Its funny that stupid mfer's like you spend their lives concerning themselves with other folks business. What are you a minister of? Minister of bull****. Get a life dude. You fake ass ministers kill me with passing judgement. You should know that judgement is not the job for people it's reserved for God. But you are a so called minister you should know that. So in closing go tell your lies to another congregation of idiots!

Smh...somebody has a lot of free time. Trying to "expose" frats and sororities for what reason again? Why don't you focus your attention on the real enemies?

Go to sleep

You're the one up at 0203 in the morning, LOL. And my site and ministry, which was spawned by someone before me. At that time, there was only one book about the negative aspects of GLO's. I believe there are 5 or 6 now. There are plenty of websites, facebook groups, etc. out there now. My work, though never done has taken a step aside to all the others out there. That was my prayer and wish.

Min. H
You're the one up at 0203 in the morning, LOL. And my site and ministry, which was spawned by someone before me. At that time, there was only one book about the negative aspects of GLO's. I believe there are 5 or 6 now. There are plenty of websites, facebook groups, etc. out there now. My work, though never done has taken a step aside to all the others out there. That was my prayer and wish.
Well friends, I fell it is my right, as well as an aspiration to help find the truth. I feel we should not bicker or "expose" anything man made. Are we really arguing that a man-made ritual and oath that is based on compilation of books that were mistranslated and re-written for the victors? I am an independent thinker that only argues facts. The bible you have on your desk isn't anywhere near the original writings, it is in fact an interpretation. When the ritual was created it was based from the writers interpretations: pledging loyalty to Omega is pledging loyalty to THE Omega (Christian God).

Why do we dwell so deep into words and not actions? Have we not been assimilated and taught by the oppressor the believe that they forced us to believe? I have "excommunicadoed" myself from the organization due to differences that had nothing to do with religion and nor have a bias to be pro-fraternity; however I cannot fathom how anyone could not understand the Christian roots and praise of the organization's philosophy. I cannot and will not speak for the actions of individual members but the organization's backbone if one of pleasing the Christian god.

WX
Min. H
Well friends, I fell it is my right, as well as an aspiration to help find the truth. I feel we should not bicker or "expose" anything man made. Are we really arguing that a man-made ritual and oath that is based on compilation of books that were mistranslated and re-written for the victors? I am an independent thinker that only argues facts. The bible you have on your desk isn't anywhere near the original writings, it is in fact an interpretation. When the ritual was created it was based from the writers interpretations: pledging loyalty to Omega is pledging loyalty to THE Omega (Christian God).

Why do we dwell so deep into words and not actions? Have we not been assimilated and taught by the oppressor the believe that they forced us to believe? I have "excommunicadoed" myself from the organization due to differences that had nothing to do with religion and nor have a bias to be pro-fraternity; however I cannot fathom how anyone could not understand the Christian roots and praise of the organization's philosophy. I cannot and will not speak for the actions of individual members but the organization's backbone if one of pleasing the Christian god.
WX
"Well friends, I fell it is my right, as well as an aspiration to help find the truth. I feel we should not bicker or "expose" anything man made. Are we really arguing that a man-made ritual and oath that is based on compilation of books that were mistranslated and re-written for the victors? I am an independent thinker that only argues facts. The bible you have on your desk isn't anywhere near the original writings, it is in fact an interpretation. When the ritual was created it was based from the writers interpretations: pledging loyalty to Omega is pledging loyalty to THE Omega (Christian God)."

Min. H
I will assume you're an Omega, and I can tell you that the multiple rituals, constitution and by-laws, history books, and unwritten challenges don't acknowledge this. So you are not even historically accurate in your assessment. As for the Bible,you are correct in one part. Many translations we have today are far from what? That is the key question. Historically reliable documents have one thing, an autograph edition. Historically speaking, the Word of God is the most historically reliable document ever, as it would be expected. You have ancient manuscripts and quotes from the early church fathers. So in comparison to all other documents, it far exceeds them all in 3 categories, the internal, external, and bibliographical evidence tests.

WX
"Why do we dwell so deep into words and not actions? Have we not been assimilated and taught by the oppressor the believe that they forced us to believe? I have "excommunicadoed" myself from the organization due to differences that had nothing to do with religion and nor have a bias to be pro-fraternity; however I cannot fathom how anyone could not understand the Christian roots and praise of the organization's philosophy. I cannot and will not speak for the actions of individual members but the organization's backbone if one of pleasing the Christian god."

Min. H
That's fine, but the organization's own documents and actions don't dictate that. And I am not going to een address this oppressor dialogue. They cannot force us to be believers. Besides the physical evidence is oerwhelmingly in the believer's favor.

All of the rituals of Omega that I have read affirm one another on the Humanistic Principles of the Fatherood of God and the Universal Brotherhood of Man. These princinples lead to one end, the oppression of the elite. Greeks believe they are the creme of the crop. The true oppressor is Satan, so I have no oppressors, I am free.