Return to Website

GLO's Exposed Discussion Forum

This is the forum area where you can discuss topics related to the Biblical exposure of Greek organizations. All posts are reviewed; if they are offensive they'll be deleted. 

Any copyrighted material contained herein is for: criticism, comments, news reporting, teaching, scholarship, and research. All used in accordance with the Fair Use Exception 17 USC 107. 

GLO's Exposed Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: To Delta's Shame!

If I remember correctly it is called the "Minerva Circle." See you have a leader of that circle who is usually your Dean of pledges. Speaking nationally she is the "Leader of Minerva" speaking of activities such as hazing she is known as your "Dean." Okay but that is off of the point I am trying to get to.

No matter what the name is...you are still worshiping a higher being other than God. As soon as I heard we were dealing with Candles and doing some Minerva activity, it changed my whole perspective of DST. The organization should be praising God or they should not say they were founded on Christian principles. Delta's should be ashamed of themselves because they are so hypocritical.

Re: To Delta's Shame!

Have you all realized that now that BGLOs vs. Christianity is coming into the public's eye, glos want to start saying all this religious stuff on chapter sites and hosting bible studies? They used to just maybe go to church together during their "week" ex: Delta Week.

I post on stophazing.org, now all of a sudden, "oh, praise God sister, I'm so glad to hear you passed your test" "God is so good", the conversation b4 was about how to still haze w/o making it bad enough to get into trouble.

Me,

If that is indeed occuring, isn't that a GOOD sign?

Anyway, I wish I had more to say on this, but the whole GLO vs. Christianity issue just has not ever been brought up in any recent discussions I've heard, with the exception of this Website (which I've enjoyed and learned from). I suppose because of the area of the country I live in, the main topics of discussion have been KATRINA and RITA.

But among GLO's, I view less talk about hazing and more about Bible study and GOD as a positive development.....even if it is being couched in "churchy" cliches like "Oh Praise GOD sister" and "GOD is so good".

Well the thing is that it's not new how when someone comes down on BGLOs that right after that (FOR A WHILE) the conversation is old school church talk until the talk against the orgs have died down then it;s let's "cuss" (curse) some more and whatnot. My point is not that some members are changing but that when someone talks about the wrongs of the rituals people show their "church sid". It's like how after 9/11 people got holy and everybody wanted God to "bless America"....Until things got to looking better.