Return to Website

GLO's Exposed Discussion Forum

This is the forum area where you can discuss topics related to the Biblical exposure of Greek organizations. All posts are reviewed; if they are offensive they'll be deleted. 

Any copyrighted material contained herein is for: criticism, comments, news reporting, teaching, scholarship, and research. All used in accordance with the Fair Use Exception 17 USC 107. 

GLO's Exposed Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: ROB THE TEKE

First of All Jaydn, that is certianly NOT my intention. All I have been saying succinctly is that BGLO's have a different dynamic although not totally different than a GLO with mainly white members. I am totally concerned for non christian souls, whether black, white, red or freakin green.

I expect and demand that as I have given you the same respect as a national member of a respected GLO with your years of experience that you in return give the same to me as a representative officer of TKE, I am not a racist and I have never been a racist. For your information the President of the NAACP is a TKE, and I may differ from him politically and on many issues but I still respect him as a frater in our bond.

I truly meant nothing by regular vs BGLO. I meant that I am not a member of a BGLO and that was the only way I could explain what I was trying to convey.

As for hazing I have never condoned it and I never will, I fight underage drinking, criminal activity, pledge drinking (no matter what the age)and also have fought to remove one of my own officers when I was president for a hazing allegation. I have never known a chapter in ANY fraternity or sorority that had an orgy or cult ceremony.

I know that is not a black problem and I know it is not solely a black issue. What I am saying is that mostly black greek members post here. I am friends with Kaps, nupes, Zetas, Alphas and many others. I used to talk to them daily when I was in school. I have also two black brothers, One of which is in my House in my fraternity family tree and who is 45 years old, 20 years older than I am! I have never hazed him or anyone else. I also have a Japanese and Latino brother

Why do I only have two. I have no idea. Most join the BGLOs on campus.

I am sorry for what you went through,I really am. I dont think that a racist person is truly a person but a monster, but do not, I repeat DO NOT EVER put me in the same category as the KKK or the KA. Not one person has ever said that a greek organization is perfect white or black. I know that TKE was one of the first organizations to admit blacks. Nor do I think that white power, white preservation or whatever term you want to throw at me is acceptable in any way shape or form.

So if what I mean by regular is that it is a mostly white organization, then that is what I mean. I did not mean to offend. You tell me what I am supposed to call it.

Instant Messenger: Tkemankm454,4

I was also not angry when I wrote this, I was actually quite concerned with what I had said. I actually called Fred to talk to him and we spoke for quite a while.

I wasn't angry, but I was very concerned. I did not call you a racist, but what I was pointing out was that in your post, it was as if you were saying that it was ok as long as it was not the "regular" orgs. I was seeing that in so many of your posts and it really bothered me. The problems with GLo's black/white/other are universal and I did not like seeing such a distinction being made with statements like, "oh well that's just a BGLO concern."

And what I was pointing out was the origins of American orgs and how they were not rooted in all this Christian love that we like to imagine.

Again, I am not saying you are a racist. I am not the type of person that would call a person that so easily. But your posts were a concern because as Christians we are to bear each other's burdens, so if someone of another race is a Christian and stands to stumble - it should be a major concern for ALL Christians knowledgeable of the matter.

I am sorry if I offended you. And thanks for clearing the matter up.

No problem I probably am a little long winded as well. I am sorry if I had an accusatory tone. I will look over what I type in the posts in the future.