The Soulpranos Forum
Start a New Topic 
1 2
Author
Comment
Rubbishing shoulders with the famous !!!

Stories to un-impress your grand-kids with!!!!!!

1.Touched Alex O'Neal's right hand at Wembley Arena!
2.Stared at by Windsor Davies at Sutton library!
3.Avoided by Victoria Beckham at Bluewater!
4.Shared escalators with Terry Scott, Allders, Sutton!
5.Glen Goldsmith signed my cassette of his then, new album at HMV,Sutton!!!!!

Hilly, you're barred from this 'cos you know more people than us mere mortals combined!!!

Re: Rubbishing shoulders with the famous !!!

I went to an awards cermony few years back and there was FREE drink and i got very messy. MEL B who had co-presented the awards was coming towards me I opened my arms rapped them around her and had a full on grope, to the amazement of my Freinds. Lucky she didn't call her security henchmen.

I have also met many bands and DJ's over the years being involved in promoting some events.

NIK NAME P

My claims to immortal fame are...

1) Was presnet at a venue when Robbie Vincent played live and someone stayed awake!

2) Was near to Greg Edwards at the Lacy when he played the first different record in twelve years!

3) I once saw Chris Hill smile, just onece that is.

Went to an after party at the Forum wiv Jane at the ubiquity concert Roy Ayers AND Donald Byrd i was introduced to Donald Byrd and he kissed my hand how bloody amazing best ever moment
met Louis Vega AND Terry Hunter backstage at Southport
Danny Ramplin gave me a kiss thanx Jim for that one
Mrs Webbo who will it be this time we must do famous its such good fun
all things aside though not one of these people were up themselves really nice and friendly i think thats what its all about

Talking of Roy Ayers, went to see him at Blackhealth concert halls. I asked security if i could meet him and Roy Ayers agreed. All was ok until he realised how smashed i was a got me kicked out. Im sure he called me w..ker as i fell down the stairs.

Where U @: Docklands

NIK NAME Mass

Mass these sort of things happen but they make for great memories and stories to tell i was fortunate enuf to have a really good mate who promoted Urban Species so they were the support group at the ubiquity thing also met many more through this contact but the Donald Byrd ex[perience was the one for me

Debs... The worst thing about that night was when i got to speak to him i started thanking him for make certain records ie Freaky Deaky, Dont you say no. I have never been the same since.

NIK NAME Mass

I used to work in the same building as Air studios and got in the lift with Paul & Linda McCartney and Michael Jackson the day John Lennon got shot. Also, we were evacuated once when there was a bomb (one of many times) in the Burger King in Oxford Street and I got into the goods lift with my roller skates over my shoulder, and Paul Weller and Adam Ant were in there.

How funny
the funniest thing i did this promoter took us to Brighton coz Urban were on there with some other thing Firefly or something and we got bored so i said lets go to the Jazz rooms and its very dark the jazz rooms and there is also a club joined on to it called the reform full of well strange peeps and welldodgy music ive only took em all in the wrong club got the wrong door thers me raving about the jazz rooms and i take em in there never been the same since glad they saw the funny side

Meet Chris Eubanks shook his hand told him he was a very good boxer but would of not beaten me the man was lost for words

NIK NAME lozza

Once had a drink with Ray Winston in the Gass in the mid nineties. A top bloke and bought a round, what more can you ask. Slagged off my ponytail though which did not go down too well

NIK NAME Mass

I was once ignored by the late John Peel when thumbing a lift back from Liverpool in 1983.

I was freaked out by Frances Tomelty (ex-wife of Sting) over tea and biscuits. 'Nice lizard' was my stuttered response to an uncomfortable silence.

I had chance to examine Claire Rayner's shower mat whilst working at her house after it was mentioned by scouse comic Alaxei Sayle in one of his rants.

Met 'Poirot' actor, David Suchet - a thoroughly charming bloke.

Was sworn at by TV newscaster Mary Nightingale when a job I was doing at her gaff went a bit Fray Bentos. She was very nice the rest of the time.

Had a chat on a hillside about hang gliding with TV presenter, Nick Owen.

Met Chris Lawler and Phil Neal (Liverpool FC) at my Uncle's house when I was a kid.

Met 70s comedian, Duggie Brown whilst swimming off Zante, Greece.

Walked dogsh!t onto the peach coloured bedroom carpet of a member of the Ferrari family. Cleaned it off successfully or I'd be swimming with the fishes!

Not a famous man, but he was part of a few famous TV scenes as a stunt double: Reggie Perrin swimming out to sea, Delboy hang gliding, the granny hang gliding in a TV advert and driving a Merc through a window in 'French Connection' All those stunts and more were performed by late mate, Ken Barker, whose widow may one of the ladies on 'Ban This Filth'. I have yet to confirm this.

According to my mates at the time, (early eighties) I also bore an uncanny likeness to Chelsea's Kerry Dixon, a point I was forced to concede when they kept pointing out that yet again, I had made the back page of The Mirror. Punters would stare and wonder if I was him, until they heard my northern speech impediment. Watford's Richard Jobson also added weight to the argument that my dad must have had a bike.

went to see donald byrd at the sorely missed california ballroom dunstable----was dancing next to a party of americans (who were clearly enjoying themselves) early in the evening, anyways when it was showtime----who was on stage---yep same americans (who included donald in their number). just goes to show that he didnt just make those songs for money (as some do) but liked em as well. cant tell you exactly when this was (as it gives my age away), but change (makes u wanna hustle) was out.

Scouse theres a sriking resemblence to the little boy on the mechano box (ive spelt that wrong) strike a pose male model

I don't consider that fame. I'll post the picture if I can work out how.

Geoff Hurst's mic man at a Park Lane gig we did(the lads said I looked like his bouncer(sour faced and bald).
Souldier once told Chris Eubank to get the feck out the way when he was visiting my workplace in a bit of a rush did'nt reconise him ooops!!!!

Scouse but you were famous how many people used to look at that picture when they were kids dont underestimate your fame

Got a 50p Xmas tip off former Liverpool manager, Bill Shankly for delivering his paper after my mate was sacked for howling 'Liverpool' through his letterbox.

Tried to flog one of Terry's T-shirts to Kenny Thomas at Fleetwood but couldn't find his size.

GEORGE CLOONEY,TONY ADAMS, NATASHER BEDDINGFIELD,NORMAN COOK,SIR ANTONY HOPKINS, just a few, ALL IN THE BACK OF MY CAB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Where U @: THE SHED

Sheppy brill

How ironic! I was nearly run over by Michael Winner 10 years ago, as i was on a pedestrian crossing Greenwich. He was with his then squeeze Jenny Seagrove riding shotgun. He didn't call out "Calm down Dear, it's only a commercial". Now for the boring list. 17 years ago when I started my Banking Career at Barclays Langham Place, which is located opposite the BBC Buildings, the folling people all cashed chq's at my till. Ian Beale, Gloria Hunniford, D.J. Frank Bruno, (enough said), Alexei Sayle, Jimmy Greaves, Simon West, Andrew Sachs, Rory McGrath, Mike Reid, Bruno Brooks, (real name Trevor).

Hi Just passing through, but thought Id ad this...

Mark Lamar came into our record shop, we was`nt sure at first... So someone asked "are you who we think you are?" He replied who do you think I am... We retorted "hes a greasy lover"

Also all of Heaven 17 came in and got chatting and then was asked if we had any of there albumes for sale... I pointed them to the cheap 50p box and all of them were in there,to our embarrasment :0)) But got ivites to see them live anyway... Also met Lo fidelity All stars but they were a bit up there own ass... all the others were good chaps

I said hello to Shep @24-7 once and gave him some tunes- does that make me or him famous?............ha ha

Best
Dr Bob Jones

ad a drink with alexi sayle on a eurostar train once 7.00am...rub sholders with the stars ............drink with the famous................punters said we were twins.....who am i ....

Grrrrrrrrrr u always drink wiv famous

Working at Bluewater there are always famous people about.

Spoke to Victoria Beckham in M&S,served "Big Mo" from Eastenders in my shop,Gloria Hunniford,one of the Fereira boys from Eastenders,Tony Stamp from The Bill,Lowri Turner (told her she really looked like a women off the telly ),Venessa Feltz....all have been in my shop.
Shane Ritchie leaving Topman......son saw Jermain Defoe.........I'm sure there will be more its Crimbo shopping time

Which shop is that BBG? i think we should know.

Which shop is that BGG? i think we should know.

Now THAT would be telling......One more

None other than CHRIS HILL......but not in my shop

Aah BGG I see Poundstretcher is fetching them all in now

I've rubbed more than shoulders with Alexander O'Neal...it's not as crude as it sounds honest

1 2