The Soulpranos Forum
Start a New Topic 
1 2 3 4
Author
Comment
Re: Andy Weekes (for those that know him)

Glad all went well and sorry I couldnt be there too! as of Logistics & timing
Was at a concert last night that Andy would have loved so had a celebration all the same.
God bless to all that helped and showed up both sides of the pond!

Cheers all
Granty

NIK NAME Granty

Unfortunately wasn't able to make it back to the UK this weekend but the big guy was in my thoughts today ...

Jester sorry we couldn't make it Bob was playing at the I O W festival but we were thinking of him bless him and raisec a few glasses to him xxxxxxxxxxxx

One year on ..it doesn't really get any easier apart from the fact that so many have come together to pay tribute to the man.
I'll be popping by the Weekesie family home tonight to pay my repects. We will, I'm sure be refering to this remarkable thread that started over a year ago.
It seems like yesterday.
Resting easy, I hope big fella!

Miss you!

Jester.

Is it really a year?

We miss you big fellah

I really cant believe it's been a year! WOW
We really miss you mate.
God bless!!

NIK NAME WTF

Well, we are finaly going to do something proper for the 'Big Fella' and give him the send off that he deserves. At the same time raising money for a very worthy cause:

Hope you can join us for what should be a fantastic day out.

Jester.

Jester great flyer,i must say i'm looking forward to this

Please send me a copy of the flyer so I can add to the website,I didnt know Andy but, i'm happy to help in amyway that I can.Please add the flyer to the forum as you have on the other site.Shep

Where U @: THE LOFT

Thanks Shep.
I'm pretty basic when it comes to codes but if it's any help this is the direct link to the pic:
http://img214.imageshack.us/img214/8430/summersoulsticeflyercz8.jpg
..then all I do is insert it inside the quotation marks of this next code:

..(obviously deleting the URL OF PIC bit)

Hope you can fathom it out?

Jester.

Grr ..I told you I was basic.
Let me try puting spaces in so that little box with the 'x' inside doesn't appear.
< img src = " URL OF PIC " >

Jester.

This works for embedding into a post
...other than that I'm not sure how it can be inputed onto your home page (like the City Soul Flyer IV was)

Advise anyone?

Jesetr.

Jester love that photo of Andy that lovely smile

Update: Gavin Page added to the line-up

Update: Purchase Summer Soulstice Tickets/Donate Here

Jester.

Nice one Jester

Update: We have been told by the 'powers that be' i.e. the local council, that numbers will be limited to 499 (incl DJ's/caterers/bar/background staff etc.).
The reason for this, once numbers rise above this, a whole new ball-game comes into play regarding health & safety/security/costs/licences etc. To be honest we don't need this headache as being a fund-raiser we want the most money to go to charity.
So what I am trying to say is don't drag your heels on this one ...150 tickets have gone already, so if you really wanna come, click on the link above, sooner rather than later, as we don't want too many dissapointments from our friends. Your tickets will then be sent to you.
I guarantee you this will sell out and is a ticket only event ..nothing on the door

..we've even got peeps coming from the USA, just for this weekend!!!

Jester.

PS. Running order of DJs to follow during the week
..& maybe a nice little suprise too (can't say too much right now);o))

Bump!

We've more or less finalised the running order, so unless due to unforseen circumstances and all that ..here's that order:

2-4 Gilo/Jamie Topham/Keith Menezes
4-5 Mark Webster
5-6 Dr Bob Jones
6-7 Gavin Page
7-8 Nicky Holloway
8-9 Jester
9-10 Dave Cee
10-11 Froggy
11-12 Ash Selector

Andy's family are really touched that people are going to remember him in this manner and will be present
..very fitting!!
One thing I would mention, there are a few 'x's that have to be covered for an event of this size to go on smoothly ..so when you look at the amount being raised it looks good but when you take off:

Public Liabilty Insurance (for one day circa £500)
Security
Sound System
a 'percentage' to the Just Giving website etc.

it eats into the profits big time ..so bear that in mind.

It goes without saying the organisers/DJs/first aiders/car parking stewards/peeps behind the scenes are doing this FOC ..to be part of this tribute to a great man, Andy, we wouldn't want it any other way!
..Graham @ Seebees is also making up some commemorative T-Shirts with proceed to said Charity (Cherry Lodge Cancer Care)

So please help us make this a sell-out (which it almost is) and act now rather than later.

www.justgiving.com/summersoulstice

Regards.

Jest.

Jester well done mate such a good cause it's not until recent events with my mum and myself that made me realise just how much these people need this money!! everything they do and believe me they do alot is supported by donations alone will u have some kind of collection box for donations as well ?
anyhow keep up the good work and will see u in less than a couple of weeks xxxxxxxxxx

Nicely put Jester !!

Looking forward to the day , lots of people are putting alot of effort to make this a very special occasion .

Lets just hope Andy can sort out the weather , but then... with his sense of humour you'd better pack your brolly and your deep sea diving gear !!

Looking forward to alot of fun and laughter remembering our great friend

See you there

Gilo

Hi Gilo
can't wait don't get out much lately
yep well done all

Jester Gilo and Dave there is an artical about the Cherry Lodge Center in the Mirror today they are talking about ovarian cancer and one of the ladies works there

Hey you guys for all those going to the do, I hope its a belter of an event and sorry that I couldnt make it there myself!
It would have been great to see many of you that I havent seen in years as well as celebrating the big guys life.
He'll be laughing his ass off so get the sun out for em Andy!!!
Thanks to all the people that have put in such an effort for this event and that shows just how much we loved him.

All the best mates

Grant

Nice one Grant ..we wish you all the best, and know that you will be there in spirit.
Have got peeps under orders to bring their cameras (still/video), so hopefully we'll have many memories to share with you & others that could not attend.
In the meantime, here's a little treat just for you.
If Andy did make a personal appearance this would be 'the shot'!

Hey Jest looking at that phot whats also sad is I believe that right there in the picture is James Goodwin who is also no longer with us either.
Hope all went well and was gettn on down last nite to the wee hours quaffing gallons of ale in the true spirit of how we used to !!

Glad it all went well, sorry I couldnt make it.You have all done Andy proud.

NIK NAME THE LOFT

Well done to you all for organising this i'm sure Andy would be so chuffed at this ,and despite the weather everyone just kept on smiling and having fun
heres to the next one

Debs and Bob , in all seriousness , Marquees . Anybody got any contacts ??

One with a convertible roof would be nice !! It looks like Shep needs one as well perhaps we should buy a second hand one , shame the Domes been snapped up really !!

Gilo havn't a clue and like i said to someone else they ain't cheap !!! i will keep my ears open other than that it's look it up on the net ,surely someone on this scene knows someone that does HELP

Many thanks to Jamie Topham for this

Just a taster ..& the reason we do this!

Jester.

1 2 3 4