Return to Website

Motorcycle forum

We are the Lone Star Voyagers a chapter of the American Voyager Association. This open forum is for the members and guest of the LSV-AVA. Please feel free to use this service. Remember this is a family riding chapter.

Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Well, RATS!!!

Hank a reference by PF about your frame lit my idea about my accident. When the bike was here and I was rebuilding it I checked the frame. On the lower right side is a frame piece that is removed so the engine can be removed. I found that that piece was loose. I tightened the bolts after checking the straightness of the frame. I would check the piece on your bike for sure. Carbs can be rebuilt and cleaned cheaply if the jets are not eaten up with the ethanol gas, mine was, and need replacing. Diaphragms also need checking for leaks around the cap sealing area. Use black weather stripping silicone for repairing. I can rebuild the carbs if you cannot find anyone else. I won't charge a arm and leg for the effort. When reinstalling use a hair dryer to soften the boots prior to installation with some silicone grease on the carbs.
My two cents worth. I have been lurking for some time.

Re: Well, RATS!!!

Speedball
Glad you are here to keep things going. You are definitely earning your pay. I imagine it makes you feel like you have accomplished something doing this.
And now here we are over a week long for the thread.
Went for a ride Friday to see my brother in Spring Branch. And while I was there had a hamburger at Beefy's On The Green. Was very tasty.
Yall have a great day.

RR