Return to Website

Motorcycle forum

We are the Lone Star Voyagers a chapter of the American Voyager Association. This open forum is for the members and guest of the LSV-AVA. Please feel free to use this service. Remember this is a family riding chapter.

Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: AVA Rally 09 Rates

Will do.

Brenda

Re: Re: Re: AVA Rally 09 Rates

Apparently when they picked the Rally site they didn't research the area cost structure. Wonder what food and gas will cost. These prices may keep a lot of people home.

Re: Re: Re: Re: AVA Rally 09 Rates

Hi, Guys;
Unfortunately, Santa Fe is expensive, but there are cheaper hotels in town, so don't give up. As far as camping goes, I can't be much help. There is a great KOA about 60 miles east of town along I-25 (near Las Vegas, NM)
that has great rates, and plenty of tent space (they hold boy scout campouts there.) The problem is-it's 60 miles east of town. If you don't mind getting up early and putting some miles on your bike, then that isn't a problem. I sincerely hope the costs don't keep you guys away. Hope to see you in July!!

Ride Safe & Sane;
Hank, Rusty & Ol'Faithful

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: AVA Rally 09 Rates - KOA

It's been over 20 years since I stayed at either one but the Santa Fe KOA and the one in Bernalillo (Albuquerque north) were both very nice.

AVA Rally 09 Rates

I've been going to church functions @ Glorietta, NM for the last 20 years. Usually we will try to go into town at least once on the trip. Santa Fe has always seemed to be 15-20% higher than comparable prices elsewhere. Buying gas used to be atrocious--probably still is.