Return to Website

Motorcycle forum

We are the Lone Star Voyagers a chapter of the American Voyager Association. This open forum is for the members and guest of the LSV-AVA. Please feel free to use this service. Remember this is a family riding chapter.

Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Good morning

49 heading for the low 80's. Bright sunshine and few clouds--even less wind!

I took the CB 250 out for about a 130 mile round trip on mainly farm to market roads and smaller state highways. We ended up at a place called Lucille's. (Barry and I were suppossed to have gone there earlier this year). It is a diner/bar/small dance hall place in Mulhall, OK. The bar portion is contained in what was a territorial bank before statehood. They have carved out a niche catering to the riding community.

The ride was great. The first problem I had was that I couldn't find my little CB when I came out from my coffe and pie. (I'd parked it out by itself on the end of the row when we went in--when we came out, it had been covered up by big cruisers and touring bikes). After I found her, I dealt with my second problem.

I knew I was going to be about 1/2 an hour late from when I told Mary (Okay, she told me) I would be home. My buddy on a VTX 1300 couldn't keep up with my 250 in the twisties. I kept having to slow down!

My other big project was scheduling the VXII in for some maintenance. It will have new tires, fluids, fork springs and seals, and maybe a new windshield if I have any money left.

Sorry for the long post. I must still be on a sugar high from birthday coconut cream pie and Italian cream cake.

Re: Re: Good morning

47 here- I misunderstood the weather girl when she gave me the outside temp yesterday morn- it was 45 not 70; me, I'm a housecat, didn't go outside til later.

Re: Re: Good morning

Another beautiful day in the TEXAS Hill Country.
Good ride yesterday - as Granny keeps telling me; "The bike may get better gas mileage, but you aren't saving anything because you just ride it a lot more." She may have a point there.

Have a great day; Ride Safe; Keep the Rubber Side Down!