General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Re: my post of June 28, 2008 7:07 PM

I posted the following on June 1st.

Ahmed R,

You claimed procedures were changed at the DCS inspection facility as a result of your conversation with the Commissioner.

I spoke with Commissioner Reyes on Friday. She doesn't recall any conversation with a driver leading to any procedural change at the DCS inspection facility.

I also spoke with one of my sources at the the facility who was also unaware of any changes in inspection procedures as a result of a driver complaint.

George Lutfallah
Chicago Dispatcher

Re: Re: Re: Re: my post of June 28, 2008 7:07 PM

I also remember telling you that there is more than one commissioner/decision maker. There was once a fellow driver that was having quite the trouble with a certain city attorney that was bent on pulling his chaufeurs license. I told the guy to go over to city hall and see someone on the eighth floor. After the visit his problems were over. This had more to do with a malicious prosecutor than corruption. My fellow driver God rest his sould was an armed forces veteran.

Do you believe that everything is on the level George? Cut and dry?

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: my post of June 28, 2008 7:07 PM

"Do you believe that everything is on the level George?"

"Ahmed R"
What I know is not on the level is you.

George

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: my post of June 28, 2008 7:07 PM

What I know is wrong is telling the city that this is the wrong time to increase the rates of fare. Are you for more fines, taxes, and fees too?

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: my post of June 28, 2008 7:07 PM

Ahmed R.,

Who are you to insist that it is the "right time" to increase the fare? Almost all of the cabdrivers I speak to aren't clamoring for a fare increase, and those who want one, most don't necessarily want one right now.

Why would you ask George Lutfallah if he's for more fines, taxes, and fees? Do you really expect that he is, as you wrongfully suggest?

-Mike Foulks

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

What I know is wrong is telling the city that this is the wrong time to increase the rates of fare. Are you for more fines, taxes, and fees too?