General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Commissioner's Corner

Was the guy that made hundreds of complaints per year now excluded? A sign that encourages someone to complain leads to complaints.

I once complained to the 311 phone number about an open air drug market on the West side. I was transfered to a special operator that read me a long essay about drug complaints and told me that the city will investigate in 30 DAYS OR LONGER, NO SOONER. This kind of treatment has discouraged me from making any more calls.

Most of the complaints are just due to the sign and the greater expectations it gives. I didn't help with someones packages. What they didn't know was that I had twisted my left ankle earlier in the shift. I wasn't rude and did not fail to give the minimum required service. The sign makes the passenger think my taxi is a top class transportation provider like a special limo service costing 100.00 or so per hour. Expectations are increased over the norm.

The number of complaints has gone down due to the fact the usual complaintants and the unrealistic people haven't gotten satisfaction. They didn't deserve it. As for the guy that makes several complaints per DAY, if I ever get one from him I will sue. In fact he deserves a lawsuit for every complaint he made. Should the city have banned him from this act? What are your thoughts George?