General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Re: Bias in the media

Sarah, you make a good point but I could also say that since taxi drivers serve the public they should also receive press when bad things happen to them. But that you don't see. I don't even think a taxi driver getting killed while serving the public gets front page news anymore.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Bias in the media

Look sexual assualt is a bad crime, but in a city as large as Chicago the must be at least 10 cases of it a night. It did not diserve the front page

Re: Re: Re: Re: Bias in the media

Taxi man makes a good point. Driving a cab is one of the most dangerous professions a person can have. Drivers are attacked, assaulted, robbed and murdered, but their stories rarely make the newspaper much less the front page.

In my opinion, the only reason this story made it on the front page was because of the alleged circumstances involving the case. The part of the story where this woman thinks a group of people are going to attack her, is "rescued" by this driver, and then supposedly attacked by her rescuer - that's what put this story on the front page to me. The "rescuer" becoming the "attacker" sounds like a movie plot.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Bias in the media

test

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Bias in the media

test