General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: City Proposes Gas Surcharge

the city is just going to use this as a chance to give us more fines.

Re: Re: Re: City Proposes Gas Surcharge

"the city is just going to use this as a chance to give us more fines."

That's silly. If the city gives us a surcharge but you don't want it, you don't have charge your customers. But don't tell me that I shouldn't be able to add on extras for gasoline just because you are afraid of getting tickets.

The word will be out when the surcharge is on or off and only drivers who will try to scam will be caught, and rightfully so.

Re: Re: Re: Re: City Proposes Gas Surcharge

Hey N. Gadfrey ~

I think you are the one who is silly if you think the city isn't going to look for opportunities to fine drivers on this surcharge issue.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: City Proposes Gas Surcharge

Same old crap. It's all a conspiracy. Gas prices have gone up and the city wants to give us relief in the form of a surcharge. Accept it and move on. Some of you people astound me. You want a surcharge and when the city finally gets off its ass to give you one, you complain about it.

If I were the city and heard all this silly **** I would say, "Fine, you guys don't want it? No problem." Then I would go to lunch talk to my other friends in the city about what a bunch of ingrates are driving taxicabs in Chicago.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: City Proposes Gas Surcharge

Whatever guy. The fine for violating the surcharge is a minimum of $100. That comes out to 200 fifty-cent surcharges plus the time and expense of going to kangaroo court at 400 W. Superior.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: City Proposes Gas Surcharge

Here's a novel idea for you Mirtz. How 'bout not breaking the law?

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: City Proposes Gas Surcharge

Well when the law is hard to understand, like this surcharge will be for a lot of drivers, mistakes are bound to happen and our smiling Consumer Services inspectors will be waiting with their ticket books.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: City Proposes Gas Surcharge

I don't think it is going to be that hard to understand after all. DCS will let us know when it's off and when it's on and how much. If they have to let the passengers know then I think we will have to know even more than them.