General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Defamation Update

So these laws do not apply to wacko nutbag's like Flouks?

Re: Re: Defamation Update...the TRUTH is the Best Defense

All laws apply to me, Mike Foulks, however nutty you think I am.

The law of "Just Rewards" is what is being applied to Donald Nathan in the revelation of his e-mails detailing his questionable behavior amongst those of us who are trying to organize current Chicago cabdrivers.

-Mike Foulks

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

Time for a little lesson in legal reality

Okay, sonny. You think you're such a hotshot on defenses to defamation? Let's cut to reality.

You, sir, are JUDGMENT PROOF. It doesn't matter if you defame me or not. It doesn't matter if what you say is true or not. It doesn't matter if I sue you. It doesn't matter if I serve you with a summons at a flophouse in "Chinatown" or at "Zaiqa" with a special process server.

No matter what I do to you civilly, it's a waste of money and time. It would cost me $319 to the Clerk of the Circuit Court to file suit, $230 for a Jury Demand, $60 to the Sheriff who would never get you served, $6 to the Clerk for an "Alias Summons" and then $55 to the Special Process Server who would have to be appointed on a motion that takes me time to draw, spindle and present. You might even be able to duck a P/I.

I am not about to waste four or five billable hours of time on taking a judgment against someone who is without assets to pay it, much less toss money into the breeze on the Clerk of Court, Sheriff and a P/I. What would be the point? There's nothing to collect if I win.

So if you want to break wind with whatever you think people are going to believe to be the "truth", I say "that's cool". Knock yourself out. I'm sure you'll never run out of wind.

Just keep it in mind that while you can shoot me in the head and kill me, you'll never wear me down. My pro bono publico cabdriver clients know I am not going to walk away no matter how much blow you ho.

Donald Nathan

Replying to:

The law of "Just Rewards" is what is being applied to Donald Nathan in the revelation of his e-mails detailing his questionable behavior amongst those of us who are trying to organize current Chicago cabdrivers.

-Mike Foulks

Replying to:

Are you suggesting I "defamed" you, Mr. Nathan?

Mr. Nathan,

Are you suggesting that I "defamed" you?

How so?

If you are, then you are a worse lawyer than I've earlier suspected and realized.

The Chinatown Hotel is a "flophouse"? Have you ever been there, Mr. Nathan?

How did you determine I have no "assets"? Aren't you being a little presumptous again?

How would you use facts to support your declarations and conclusions, (especially since you've apparently not gathered any)?

Can a case of defamation be made when someone publicly spreads lies about another which causes them harm? Especially when the statements are recorded?

The irony is that I couldn't rely on your answer here as good advice in any event, no?

-Mike Foulks

Replying to:

Okay, sonny. You think you're such a hotshot on defenses to defamation? Let's cut to reality.

You, sir, are JUDGMENT PROOF. It doesn't matter if you defame me or not. It doesn't matter if what you say is true or not. It doesn't matter if I sue you. It doesn't matter if I serve you with a summons at a flophouse in "Chinatown" or at "Zaiqa" with a special process server.

No matter what I do to you civilly, it's a waste of money and time. It would cost me $319 to the Clerk of the Circuit Court to file suit, $230 for a Jury Demand, $60 to the Sheriff who would never get you served, $6 to the Clerk for an "Alias Summons" and then $55 to the Special Process Server who would have to be appointed on a motion that takes me time to draw, spindle and present. You might even be able to duck a P/I.

I am not about to waste four or five billable hours of time on taking a judgment against someone who is without assets to pay it, much less toss money into the breeze on the Clerk of Court, Sheriff and a P/I. What would be the point? There's nothing to collect if I win.

So if you want to break wind with whatever you think people are going to believe to be the "truth", I say "that's cool". Knock yourself out. I'm sure you'll never run out of wind.

Just keep it in mind that while you can shoot me in the head and kill me, you'll never wear me down. My pro bono publico cabdriver clients know I am not going to walk away no matter how much blow you ho.

Donald Nathan

Replying to:

-Mike Foulks

Replying to:

Re: Re: Re: Defamation Update...the TRUTH is the Best Defense

Why don't sue him, Mike.

Chicken ****?

Re: Re: Re: Re: Defamation Update...the TRUTH is the Best Defense

Tom,

Sue who for what?

-Mike Foulks

Replying to:

Why don't sue him, Mike.

Chicken ****?