General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Re: The spot light needs to be shifted

Hello Wolfgang Weiss, I have to agree with you. It is easy to get drawn into a war of words when we really need to get started on taking action. Mike seems to mean well, but has issues. You did a good job at listing the issues. Has anything happened with your lawsuit?

The lawsuit - Progress

"Has anything happened with your lawsuit?"

Dear Ahmed R:

We are waiting for the City to file an answer or a motion to dismiss the lawsuit right now. The judge gave them until June 26 to do so and has set the case for a status hearing shortly after that date. Right now, there is not much we can do but wait for the City to make its move.

All goings on with that lawsuit are public record and can be tracked on the Internet website of the Clerk of the Circuit Court of Cook County: 08 CH 15273, Wolfgang Weiss, et al v. City of Chicago.

Donald Nathan, Esquire.

I only have issues with people who insult me or other cabdrivers and when they tell lies.

Ahmed R.,

I only have issues with people who insult me or other cabdrivers and when they tell lies.

-Mike Foulks

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

Hello Wolfgang Weiss, I have to agree with you. It is easy to get drawn into a war of words when we really need to get started on taking action. Mike seems to mean well, but has issues. You did a good job at listing the issues. Has anything happened with your lawsuit?

I agree, Wolf, why don't you tell us some more...

Wolf,

I agree that we should start discussing the issues some more...

Why don't you tell us some more about what you mean, "The beginning of the end of meter and a half rates"?

-Mike Foulks

Replying to:

The spot light needs to be shifted to:

1. a meter increase,

2. the beginning of the end of meter and half rates,

3. tripled fine minimums

4. fair hearings, fair fines

5. real inspections

6. no-fee/fine "second opnion" re-inspections

7. health insurance for drivers not McCormick Place visitors

8. Fill in the blanks (with real issues)

Replying to:

Mr. Tang,

I've done plenty of "lifting". What "lifting" have you done?

Show us your "blueprint", Mr. Tang. I've asked you to do so for almost a year.

Why are you trying to shift the spotlight off of you, Mr. Nathan, and Mr. Weiss?

That seems counter-intuitive...unless you're hiding something.

What are you "hiding", Mr. Tang? Why don't you and Mr. Nathan show us your "big plan"?

Does it involve more "little tricks"?

I've already seen Wolf's. It ain't that big of a deal. Wolf's been trying to do stuff for years and is a victim of his own imagination...and Steve Wiedersberg has left him in the dust with real accomplishments.

Things that Prateek Sampat likes to call "victories".

For the record, I hope that the surcharge ordinance is repealed and replaced with a REAL FARE INCREASE. I just don't believe that the lawsuit will accomplish much of this. Even if there were a legal argument to be made, I don't think that Donald Nathan can make it.

Mr. Nathan, that isn't a "dig" on you...I know that you will do your level best to "win" in Court, whatever your motivation, but your experience isn't the kind necessary to present a compelling argument to Judge Epstein, the Appellate Court, the Illinois Supreme Court, or even in the Federal System.

You are also just as naive as any when it comes to expecting Chicago cabdrivers to do this or that because of one thing or another. You really don't know us that well and you aren't paying enough attention to learn much. Nonetheless, good luck, sir.

To quote Mayor Daley II, "Nah, I really mean it! I wish him luck, I really mean it!".

Wolf...I vote for strategic demonstrations...let's not have the public and private post-strike debate about the "effectiveness" or "ineffectiveness" of "striking" again.

I am the President of the CCO...I get two votes.

"That's a joke, Son." - Foghorn Leghorn, circa 1960-70's

-Mike Foulks

Replying to:

All like to talk, and talk, but no one likes to do the lifting.

If this law suit filed by the "Seven" is not good enough for you to support, why can't you try to start another one, a better one?

I think that it is about time to have Mr. Foulks of CCO to show us some blue prints intead of worrying about many drivers possibly being misled by Mr. Nathan, Mr. Weiss or me too much.

Mr. Tang

Replying to:

Oil prices skyrocket
ANOTHER RECORD
$5 gas around the corner as prices jump more than $10 per barrel

June 7, 2008

BY SANDRA GUY sguy@suntimes.com

After Friday's startling oil-price hike, analysts say you could be paying $5 a gallon for gas in July, but it would be partly your fault.

Analysts say $5 a gallon isn't out of the question, but much depends on demand -- and that means how seriously people decide how to conserve gasoline.
» Click to enlarge image
Oil prices shot up by more than $11 a barrel and neared $140 a barrel on Friday.
(AP file)

RELATED STORIES
Dow dives, 'bloodbath' to continue

"The easiest way to make gas prices go down is to consume less," said Justin Perucki, a senior equity analyst at Chicago-based Morningstar.

Oil prices surged $10.75 a barrel Friday, settling at a record $138.54 a barrel on Middle East instability, a slide in the dollar and a forecast that oil would spike to $150 by the Fourth of July. The price hike in oil marked the largest single-day spike in oil prices on record.

Since gasoline prices are as high as $4.50 for regular unleaded in downtown Chicago, drivers here could start paying $5 a gallon earlier than motorists in the rest of the country, Perucki said.

"We're not that far away," he said. "A 10 percent spike in oil will get us pretty close."

Oil futures prices spiked 8 percent Friday.

Stephen Schork, an oil industry analyst and editor of the Schork Report, said people could pay another 25 cents to 40 cents a gallon -- putting Chicago at $4.90 a gallon -- within five weeks if the crude oil price spike fails to retreat.

Schork described Friday's surge in oil prices as "a case study in the panic of mobs."

"No one is thinking right now. They are panicking," he said.

If oil is going to $150 a barrel, then paying $138 looks cheap, Schork said. "I do think that $150 [a barrel] is a self-fulfilling prophecy," he said.

Could drivers here be looking at $6 to $6.50 a gallon like people pay in Europe?

If a hurricane hits the Gulf Coast and takes down oil refineries, Perucki said, "All bets are off."
Related Blog Posts
If Oil hits $200 a barrel, will a gallon of gasoline be $10?

From C H E S S N O I D
US gas prices — not that bad. Norwegians are paying $11 a gallon.

From Bizmology

The views expressed in these blog posts are those of the author and not of the Chicago Sun-Times.

--------------------------------------------------

Someone suggested more drivers start lawsuits to get this stupid surcharge out and a meter increase in.

Good. We need more.

Just because the "Chicago Seven" are already suing, that should not stop others from doing so too.

Just because drivers are suing does not mean we cannot strike or hold strategic demonstrations.

We need a big pow-wow or something?

Nobody worried about stepping on each others toes last year.

Do what you gotta do ladies and gentleman. Do it often. Do it load and clear.

You want the public to know?

Tell every one of your customers that you are drowning, you need to get out of this business but you can't.

Do nothing and get nothing.

Drivers owners, lawyers, UTCC AUPD, CCO, TWOP everyone.

In solidarity,

Wolfgang J. Weiss

Re: Re: I agree, MIke, why don't you HEE-HAW some more...

Go outside and play in Chinatown traffic for a while.

You are Donkey-boy. Hee-Haw!

Replying to:

Wolf,

Why don't you tell us some more about what you mean, "The beginning of the end of meter and a half rates"?

-Mike Foulks

Replying to:

1. a meter increase,

3. tripled fine minimums

5. real inspections

Replying to:

Mr. Tang,

Why are you trying to shift the spotlight off of you, Mr. Nathan, and Mr. Weiss?

What are you "hiding", Mr. Tang? Why don't you and Mr. Nathan show us your "big plan"?

I've already seen Wolf's. It ain't that big of a deal. Wolf's been trying to do stuff for years and is a victim of his own imagination...and Steve Wiedersberg has left him in the dust with real accomplishments.

For the record, I hope that the surcharge ordinance is repealed and replaced with a REAL FARE INCREASE. I just don't believe that the lawsuit will accomplish much of this. Even if there were a legal argument to be made, I don't think that Donald Nathan can make it.

Mr. Nathan, that isn't a "dig" on you...I know that you will do your level best to "win" in Court, whatever your motivation, but your experience isn't the kind necessary to present a compelling argument to Judge Epstein, the Appellate Court, the Illinois Supreme Court, or even in the Federal System.

You are also just as naive as any when it comes to expecting Chicago cabdrivers to do this or that because of one thing or another. You really don't know us that well and you aren't paying enough attention to learn much. Nonetheless, good luck, sir.

To quote Mayor Daley II, "Nah, I really mean it! I wish him luck, I really mean it!".

Wolf...I vote for strategic demonstrations...let's not have the public and private post-strike debate about the "effectiveness" or "ineffectiveness" of "striking" again.

-Mike Foulks

Replying to:

If this law suit filed by the "Seven" is not good enough for you to support, why can't you try to start another one, a better one?

I think that it is about time to have Mr. Foulks of CCO to show us some blue prints intead of worrying about many drivers possibly being misled by Mr. Nathan, Mr. Weiss or me too much.

Mr. Tang

Replying to:

Oil prices skyrocket
ANOTHER RECORD

June 7, 2008

After Friday's startling oil-price hike, analysts say you could be paying $5 a gallon for gas in July, but it would be partly your fault.

Analysts say $5 a gallon isn't out of the question, but much depends on demand -- and that means how seriously people decide how to conserve gasoline.
» Click to enlarge image
Oil prices shot up by more than $11 a barrel and neared $140 a barrel on Friday.
(AP file)

RELATED STORIES

"The easiest way to make gas prices go down is to consume less," said Justin Perucki, a senior equity analyst at Chicago-based Morningstar.

Oil prices surged $10.75 a barrel Friday, settling at a record $138.54 a barrel on Middle East instability, a slide in the dollar and a forecast that oil would spike to $150 by the Fourth of July. The price hike in oil marked the largest single-day spike in oil prices on record.

Since gasoline prices are as high as $4.50 for regular unleaded in downtown Chicago, drivers here could start paying $5 a gallon earlier than motorists in the rest of the country, Perucki said.

"We're not that far away," he said. "A 10 percent spike in oil will get us pretty close."

Stephen Schork, an oil industry analyst and editor of the Schork Report, said people could pay another 25 cents to 40 cents a gallon -- putting Chicago at $4.90 a gallon -- within five weeks if the crude oil price spike fails to retreat.

Schork described Friday's surge in oil prices as "a case study in the panic of mobs."

If oil is going to $150 a barrel, then paying $138 looks cheap, Schork said. "I do think that $150 [a barrel] is a self-fulfilling prophecy," he said.

Could drivers here be looking at $6 to $6.50 a gallon like people pay in Europe?

If a hurricane hits the Gulf Coast and takes down oil refineries, Perucki said, "All bets are off."
Related Blog Posts

From C H E S S N O I D

From Bizmology

The views expressed in these blog posts are those of the author and not of the Chicago Sun-Times.

Someone suggested more drivers start lawsuits to get this stupid surcharge out and a meter increase in.

Good. We need more.

Just because the "Chicago Seven" are already suing, that should not stop others from doing so too.

Just because drivers are suing does not mean we cannot strike or hold strategic demonstrations.

Tell every one of your customers that you are drowning, you need to get out of this business but you can't.

In solidarity,

Wolfgang J. Weiss

Re: Re: Re: Guess, Fool

mutliple choice: "The beginning of the end of meter and a half rates" means:

a) giant grasshoppers accidentally created at an Illinois State experimental farm eat Chicago.

b) der Anfang war das Ende - der Mensch entstand durch Kannibalismus

c) you are canabalistic ape that ate human brains and de-volved into a long eared father of fools

d) two suburbs go straight meeter now, what's next

Replying to:

Wolf,

-Mike Foulks

Replying to:

1. a meter increase,

3. tripled fine minimums

5. real inspections

Replying to:

Mr. Tang,

-Mike Foulks

Replying to:

Mr. Tang

Replying to:

Oil prices skyrocket
ANOTHER RECORD

June 7, 2008

» Click to enlarge image
(AP file)

RELATED STORIES

Related Blog Posts

From C H E S S N O I D

From Bizmology

Good. We need more.

In solidarity,

Wolfgang J. Weiss

So much for "discussing the issues" with Wolf Weiss

So much for "discussing the issues" with Wolf-schmuck Wiess.

-Mike Foulks

Replying to:

mutliple choice: "The beginning of the end of meter and a half rates" means:

a) giant grasshoppers accidentally created at an Illinois State experimental farm eat Chicago.

b) der Anfang war das Ende - der Mensch entstand durch Kannibalismus

c) you are canabalistic ape that ate human brains and de-volved into a long eared father of fools

d) two suburbs go straight meeter now, what's next

Replying to:

Wolf,

-Mike Foulks

Replying to:

1. a meter increase,

3. tripled fine minimums

5. real inspections

Replying to:

Mr. Tang,

-Mike Foulks

Replying to:

Mr. Tang

Replying to:

Oil prices skyrocket
ANOTHER RECORD

June 7, 2008

» Click to enlarge image
(AP file)

RELATED STORIES

Related Blog Posts

From C H E S S N O I D

From Bizmology

Good. We need more.

In solidarity,

Wolfgang J. Weiss

Re: So much for "discussing the issues" with Wolf Weiss

i am sorry for not write like many
many smart mens say much good
mr weiss see mr foulks is big fool who cannot talk with honest talk
may be wolf is many mens and have fun
mike have fun and say many bad things
mr weiss gives him many ideas and how to be funny
mike makes good things bad and never say thank you to wolf for help him say many things
talk here is to make fun and be silly
talk at meetings with many groups and attorney is business
where are other groups to make strike and ask judge to say city raise meter
how can have group and all are alone
city must pay for money lost
funny talk does not make raise on meter
how you make meter raise when City never listen only act stupid and say gas price is no big problems
airlines raise fares 12 times in month
12 times raises and pay for luggage
city they make meter ½ to Skokie, IL straight
City take away not give
why no one see this
we are all like mike
we fight ourselves and City win always
city have all names of drivers
why not City share with groups so to write and organize at homes
i sigh petition i strike i write letter to Mrs. Rays
many do this
City not listen
now many unemployed peoples come to be drivers

Re: Re: back to "discussing the issues"

Bless you sir!

Here is a man with his eyes on the road, his hands on the wheel and his "mind's eye" on the prize!

Replying to:

i am sorry for not write like many
many smart mens say much good
mr weiss see mr foulks is big fool who cannot talk with honest talk
may be wolf is many mens and have fun
mike have fun and say many bad things
mr weiss gives him many ideas and how to be funny
mike makes good things bad and never say thank you to wolf for help him say many things
talk here is to make fun and be silly
talk at meetings with many groups and attorney is business
where are other groups to make strike and ask judge to say city raise meter
how can have group and all are alone
city must pay for money lost
funny talk does not make raise on meter
how you make meter raise when City never listen only act stupid and say gas price is no big problems
airlines raise fares 12 times in month
12 times raises and pay for luggage
city they make meter ½ to Skokie, IL straight
City take away not give
why no one see this
we are all like mike
we fight ourselves and City win always
city have all names of drivers
why not City share with groups so to write and organize at homes
i sigh petition i strike i write letter to Mrs. Rays
many do this
City not listen