General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Felony Convictions/ Our reputation as trusted public servants/ Right to vote

Wow. Glad to see that I made a few think about this "leader." While I did say the question was off topic, I am still glad to see we have a small group here that is interested in making things better for us. This so called leader can and already has fooled the general public into thinking he represents us. Prrof of this is the letter he was able to get published in the Tribune. This is my motivation for getting him out of "office." This kind can only make things worse for us.

We need a good clean person to lead the way. Naturally others direct the charge from the rear by pushing the front in the right direction. This is why I have backed the leader of the UTCC Mr. Fayaz. I believe he has the ability to listen to us and work with us for us.

While I have been critical of George in the past, I understand his actions better as I get to know him. My hope is that someday he realizes who the real leaders and groups are here. His backing of the 2 man CCO and its president are disturbing. I do not believe George is a criminal or is really like Prez Foulks. However he did make some sort of connection with the CCO president due to similar background and age. George needs to think this over with a clear head and perhaps he might see it in other light. My opinion only George. No allegation.

I also hope that George can work with the UTCC for our betterment. The more divided we are, the harder we will fall. Lets mend the fences. Communication will help. Please answer Engers questions. Enger sometimes comes off the wrong way. Once you get to know him I think you might decide you will be able to work with him.

No mas - Throw the bum out

What's this garbage about wrongful conviction? Felon Foulks entered a voluntary guilty plea. It would have been much worse if he had gone to trial. Judge Tobin would have roasted his cookies. A Jury would have done worse. Let's call it as it is.

I don't hide behind a pseudonym.

Donald Nathan, Esquire

Re: No mas - Throw the bum out/clean record party/Cameras as safety devices.

When the "bad guy" in my opinion is a 6'5 guy that has a felony conviction background for death threats I do hide behind pseudonym. Judge Tobin put this man on a 24 month mental health probation/parole after the jail sentence for a reason. I don't want to be pushing up daisy's yet.

This leads me back to the camera as a safety device arguement. A $1500.00 camera can record someone killing me. The police might be able to find the guy from the photos. Then he can get put in the hospital as a mentally ill person. I suffered and was executed. This wouldn't have happened if I had a $250.00 shield. Wait, then no one profits off of the camera money making scheme.

Do bank robberies stop because of cameras? How about holdups at local businesses? No. The people that do these kind of things are desperate and do not care. What are the stats of deaths occuring at businesses with lexan partitions vs. open areas with cameras. All with common sense know the numbers must be 1 death or less with lexan to 100 per open areas. The city of Baltimore started using partitions earlier in this decade. Someone posted the results. Does anyone remember what they were? Wolf Weiss?

I agree with No mas for the current president of the CCO. Who wants the nomination of the clean record party?

Re: The truth about my wrongful conviction and how it affects my chauffeur's license.

Roberto Duran said "no mas" between rounds when he had his rear kicked. He had more class in my opinion.

You still follow your own form here just like you did after your felony conviction. "There was a mistake here. I am wrongfully convicted. The judge was in error."

I'm not the judge, just someone that thinks you're a poor example of a leader and that you're going to make a bad name for us if you're allowed to continue.

Your responses asking the referee to take down my postings are the example of one on the stool between the 11th and 12th rounds that can't stand on his two feet any longer. You're trying to say you should win due to the fact I'm breaking some sort of unknown and unwritten rules. Just like you said the judge did when you were convicted.

Similar to when you were sentenced to jail, you have lost your arguements here. A felon shouldn't be a leader. And also not a president. I think the 99%+ of the drivers without felony convictions will side with me. When's the next cco election?

foulks starts from the presumption that his conviction based on his guilty plea was wrongful

To follow any of foulks' tripe, you have to assume his conviction was wrongful. You have to buy into his assertion that Judge Tobin did him wrong in taking a voluntary plea. This is only what foulks the felon who entered a voluntary plea claims now before the Appellate Court.

DON'T PRESUME FOULKS ENTERED A VOLUNTARY PLEA WRONGFULLY. The odds are overwhelming Judge Tobin followed the requirements of Illinois Supreme Court Rule 402 to the letter. Very few of the appeals claiming a voluntary guilty plea lead to reversals. They do happen, but RARELY.

Reading the public record that is available, this man only threatened violence over the phone. He did not commit an act of violence. He only threatened to kill family members or extended family members if they didn't give him well into six-figures.

The judge sentenced him to 24 months of felony probation with the first 30 days to be spent in the House of Corrections along with a "BCX"; that is, a psychiatric evaluation. The shrink concluded that the guy was suffering from no psychiatric malady, although one might wonder about the sanity of that shrink given the conclusion.

Because the conviction does not involve an act of violence, just the threat of violence, I do believe his chauffeur's license is not subject to being pulled. I believe he can say things like "Don't go down dark alleys" without his chauffeur's license being pulled as well. He can suggest he wants to beat my ass too - as long as he doesn't actually do it. Sticks and stones and all that stuff will lead to having a C/L yanked, but words won't, even if the words lead to a felony conviction.

Of course, if he lays a finger on me, he is going to be indicted because of the law that protects the elderly. He knows I am over 60, and he towers over me. He is 25 years my junior. It's another section of the same aggravated battery law that protects cabdrivers who are assaulted on the job.

There are no lies here. It's all public record. There is no defamation of any sort. And truth is a complete defense to any claim of that sort anyway.

My real name follows.

Donald Nathan, Esquire
Former C/L # 11473

Loose cannon

This guy is going to follow through one of these days. The fact it was a family member is very disturbing to me. That a guy with multiple personalities was able to stay in one to fool a shrink over the course of a few meetings is no surprise to me.

Loose cannon is the right term to describe. One of these days the fuse won't go out until the gun is actually fired. I already feel sorry for his victim.

The above are the opinions of Big Fat Mouth, a Chicago Taxi Driver without a felony record.

Re: Loose cannon

Maybe not. I've been using words as weapons for the benefit of cabdrivers for the past 33 years. Maybe foulks the felon can harness his anger to good use. I'd rather hope so. But the likelihood is that he's not going to be a benefit to the industry until he learns to work with those who have positive programs: Khozindar, Kim, Enger, Sampat, Weiss, Tang - all of these fine men come to mind right away.

No one can work alone, and foulks' CCO is an organization of one. It has nominal backing of George Lutfallah - I can't fathom why because Lutfallah is really a bright young man who I would hardly expect would want to associate with a criminal element. This mystifies me.

The bottom line is to do our best to stay out of foulks' way and to remind those in the industry of what he is over and over when he assaults decent people with his vicious pen.

I'll use my name to do that EVERY TIME. You can stay anonymous if you like. I'm afraid of nothing and no one, especially so a slime and a crud out of a dark alley.

Donald Nathan