Return to Website

NG Owners Club Forum

Welcome to the NG Owners Club Forum.

This forum is intended for members of the NGOC, if you are not a member
please consider joining  it only costs £15 a year...

The views & comments expressed on this forum are the views and comments of the person that posted them. The NG owners club does not take any responsibility for any views or comments made on the forum. The NG owners club reserves the right to remove any posting from the forum.

NG Owners Club Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: NGTCV8 remote oil filter

Dave

Many thanks for the information. I have the original MGB GT 1800cc engine and don't require as much power to start the engine as your V8. I was going to get a smaller battery that fitted the Well. I went into Halfords last week and could not decide which battery to buy. I bought the current battery from MGBHive last year so it's the correct one, for a GT, but does not fit all the way into the Well. Goes in approx. 15% before becoming jammed tight.

The MOT is due this week but I have a fortnight off next week to test and resolve any problems found.

Regards
Mike

Re: NGTCV8 remote oil filter

Hi Mike.

MOT testers don't, to my knowledge, lift the bonnet! Your bungeed battery should pass ok, although it probably isn't ideal.

My Marlin (sorry for cussing) went through its MOT a few months ago with the battery held in place - tightly - with a bungee. I don't believe this was checked; certainly no comment was made.

(Yes, I do also have an NG, hence a member of this club! One of them will have to go next year... I wonder which one )