Return to Website

NG Owners Club Forum

Welcome to the NG Owners Club Forum.

This forum is intended for members of the NGOC, if you are not a member
please consider joining  it only costs £15 a year...

The views & comments expressed on this forum are the views and comments of the person that posted them. The NG owners club does not take any responsibility for any views or comments made on the forum. The NG owners club reserves the right to remove any posting from the forum.

NG Owners Club Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: TF Windscreen frame.

Hello Donnie,

Mine measures 295mm.

Please come back if you need any more,
John

Re: TF Windscreen frame.

Thanks John. That's brilliant.

Re: Re: TF Windscreen frame.

Hi John!

Can I ask you to give me an idea of the actual frame sectional size, please - ie: when you look at the frame from the side, how wide is it, and how deep is the return towards the glass? Blimey, I'm confusing myself here... What I mean is, if you were to cut through your frame uprights, what would the outside dimensions of the section (roughly) be ?! I'm worried about going for something too hefty-looking.

Honestly, no need to actually cut your frame...

Many thanks.

Re: Re: Re: TF Windscreen frame.

Sorry Donnie, but I only looked at the most recent threads and hadn't realised you'd asked another question.

My chrome over brass windscreen channel outer section dimensions are 20mm x 15mm thick.

The profile is rather like an I-Beam where the internal recess accepts the glass (or outer uprights or hood or rubber under.)

You owe me £1200 quid as I read the bit about not hacksawing the metalwork too late.

Have fun, as stuff you do yourself is so much more rewarding than buying ready made.

Re: Re: Re: Re: TF Windscreen frame.

G-g-g-gulp! Ch-ch-ch-cheque is in the post.

Many thanks - a much more slender profile than I'd imagined. I'd better not over-do mine then!

As you say, DIY-ing is very rewarding; the fact that the WHOLE car cost me just £1200 is another reason