Return to Website

NG Owners Club Forum

Welcome to the NG Owners Club Forum.

This forum is intended for members of the NGOC, if you are not a member
please consider joining  it only costs £15 a year...

The views & comments expressed on this forum are the views and comments of the person that posted them. The NG owners club does not take any responsibility for any views or comments made on the forum. The NG owners club reserves the right to remove any posting from the forum.

NG Owners Club Forum
Start a New Topic 
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Topic
Author
Views
Replies
Last Post
Views: 903   Replies: 5
Last Post: Jun 22, 2015 3:36pm
by Paul Bennett
Please update your records
In this electronic age it is normal business to change email addresses as better deals and improved services come along The creates a problem from a club administration point of view. Over time more and more people change their email addresses, move house and do m...
Views: 857   Replies: 3
Last Post: Sep 2, 2013 10:39pm
by Paul Bennett
HTML and adding photos...
Hi All If you click on reply then on the link (bbcode), you will see the codes needed to enhance your entry. Photos need to be hosted somewhere and if you do not have the facilities send the jpg/gif to me and I will host and inform you of the code you need....
Views: 1468   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 21, 2009 11:56am
by Mike Peel
This Forum is no longer supported
This Forum is no longer supported Please use our Facebook account: https://www.facebook.com/groups/NG.Owners/
Views: 484   Replies: 0
Last Post: Nov 7, 2019 3:15pm
by Mike Peel
Need help - NG TF 1500 Roadster
Hello from Germany. sorry for my bad English. Maybe you can help me! I have a very big problem. I have a NG TF 1500 Roadster, built in 1978. Now the front axle / steering gear is broken. Can you tell me, on witch Car the NG TF is build? What is the donor vehicle? Wha...
Views: 248   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 25, 2019 4:50pm
by Volker Gloystein
NG TF V8 exhaust
Firstly, as a new member I should say hello from myself and my new TF 'Sisyphus' here in Austria (Formally JLY 224 K) I'm having a few problems getting the car on the road and through the Austrian emissions tests. (Had thought of just sticking VW badges on it)...
Views: 325   Replies: 3
Last Post: Oct 11, 2019 7:04pm
by Helmut Schatzman...
su carbs
hi, anyone know where to download a twin su set up /service manual and what to do about pinking.apart from retarding ignition my new ng also does not like to idle at low rpm nearer 7/800 rpm and smells rich ,is this anything to do with unleaded fuel the head has been...
Views: 247   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 26, 2019 6:25am
by andrew langley
ng
hope to get directed ,if i purchase the car i will join. is a 1971 ng mot exempt ?
Views: 251   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 27, 2019 9:12am
by andrew langley
IVA
Help please My TF has recently failed its IVA test. One of a few reasons was the upper seat belt mounting on the seat. Re reading the IVA manual it’s seems that if I can find one that has passed IVA after it was introduced then a precedent has been set. Has a...
Views: 276   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 27, 2019 12:07pm
by Steve tilston
Wiring diagram
Is it possible to obtain a conventional wiring diagram for an NG TF ? It would be very useful at times. Gordon
Views: 335   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 24, 2019 10:58am
by Gordon White
NG Kit Car Video Channel
Hi, Just wanted to mention I have made a video channel for NG Kit Cars. I will be regularly posting videos of the exploits in my NG TA and posting videos of other NG that i come across. I think it is great to see the interesting mix of customization's and indiv...
Views: 428   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 22, 2019 12:05pm
by Matthew Bolt
Windscreen
30 years ago, wanted to build one. Now want to buy one, but, is there a solution to that windscreen casting?
Views: 414   Replies: 1
Last Post: Apr 6, 2019 11:42pm
by Ed
Jack and how to to place it
Hello everyone, I am new in the NG world, I just has the chance to buy a NG-TA and I am very happy with it ! The car came without any tool and especialy no Jack. Can someone tell me which model to buy and more that that where to place on the chassis if I have to u...
Views: 332   Replies: 2
Last Post: Feb 13, 2019 2:27pm
by Youandyou
Help requried in contacting ngcars
Hi, I have inherited a 1971 MGB GT, the body of which is in a very poor condition. Looking at my options I trawled the internet looking for kit cars with MGB GT donors. Came across NG cars which jogged my memory from years ago. I have been mailing ngcars.co.uk about...
Views: 737   Replies: 1
Last Post: Dec 19, 2018 1:45pm
by Matthew Bolt
TA gearbox.
Hello, I wonder if there is a clever person out there that can answer a couple of questions for me My car has a MGB engine fitted with a 3 syncro non overdrive box I am about to fit a four syncro box with overdrive. I have changed the back plate and fitted the cor...
Views: 460   Replies: 0
Last Post: Nov 14, 2018 6:19pm
by Anthony Turner
Potential new project
Hi, I have inherited a 1971 MGB GT, the body of which is in a very poor condition. Looking at my options I trawled the internet looking for kit cars with MGB GT donors. Came across NG cars which jogged my memory from years ago. I have been mailing ngcars.co.uk about...
Views: 531   Replies: 1
Last Post: Nov 7, 2018 5:55pm
by David Frost
NG TD overheating
i have a TD with an 1800 mgb engine fitted, it always starts fine however it seems to go from normal temp to hot very quickly, it continues to get hot in open road and does not drop in temp i have no leaks, if anyone has any advice on where to start regarding fixing...
Views: 438   Replies: 4
Last Post: Aug 13, 2018 11:49am
by Brian Lygoe
Pastiche TF Steering Column
I have 'lost' the Lower steering column mounting Bush and support which means the steering column floats around. I've referred to the original Henley build instructions which refers to this part. Any ideas who might stock such a component? Research suggests it's ny...
Views: 395   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 9, 2018 10:13am
by Brian Lygoe
r
Rob
TCR
Hello I'm looking to buy a TCR not many about Rob
Views: 390   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 28, 2018 11:43pm
by Rob
Sticking clutch
My "B" series engine NG has been laid up in a garage over the winter and today I have started the engine but the clutch has stuck on. This has happened in the past and I have been able to free it by putting it into gear before I start it and the shock of the starter...
Views: 316   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 19, 2018 5:05pm
by Richard Sharp
Roll bar
Any views on fitting a roll bar, is it possible ,too difficult,too expensive or not worth it, car is NG TF with MG mechanicals. Gordon White
Views: 461   Replies: 1
Last Post: Mar 30, 2018 11:31am
by Martin Kerlogue
NG TD Area's to check
Hi, I have only recently submitted my membership in anticipation of my purchase of an NG TD WHICH gets delivered next month, what I would like to know is what areas should I check before I pay the balance on the car, I have asked the usual, such as leaks, rot.....its...
Views: 425   Replies: 0
Last Post: Feb 17, 2018 4:17pm
by NIGEL llewellyn
Ng Tf Queries
I have recently purchased an Ng Tf and applied to join the club and have a couple of queries,I have tubed 15" wire wheels but no idea of correct pressures. also I can just reach the gearbox/overdrive dipstick and can rotate it but it does not seem to want to come out...
Views: 559   Replies: 5
Last Post: Jan 28, 2018 7:41pm
by Mick Greenland
VIN number NG
Good afternoon, Some time ago I purchased a NG TD 2+2 1800cc and started its restauration. I purchased the car in the Netherlands at an official car dealer, but the car has been imported in Belgium from Texas U.S.A. At the purchase I received the American regi...
Views: 500   Replies: 0
Last Post: Dec 31, 2017 1:02pm
by Roberto Porru
TC V8 Overheating
Bought my TC V8 back in September 2014. Found that the engine was very tired so had it rebuilt. Also new battery and coil helped. However, once rebuilt, the water temp registers 160/170 when bowling along, with Kenlowe fan on, but as soon it stops at lights, the temp...
Views: 427   Replies: 1
Last Post: Nov 28, 2017 9:43am
by jim pailing
V8 Carb parts
Has anyone got a spare throttle 'cross connecting' pushrod and adjustable levers please for a SD1 V8 ?
Views: 406   Replies: 0
Last Post: Nov 28, 2017 9:30am
by jim pailing
TC Build Manual
There are a couple of jobs I want to tackle on my TC which will require a small element of dismantling first. Any ideas where (if) I can acquire a build manual to help with understanding how bits - bodywork, primarily - go together?
Views: 313   Replies: 6
Last Post: Nov 6, 2017 9:46pm
by jim pailing
changing a bulb
hi, Very basic task but we have just inherited an NGTF from my wife's father, who unfortunately died several years ago, so we can't ask him the question. We can't work out how to get the bulb cover off the rear tail/stop light, the cover doesn't screw off and been...
Views: 466   Replies: 1
Last Post: Sep 6, 2017 8:52am
by Dave Frost
Petrol tank sender unit.
PETROL TANK SENDER UNIT Do NG cars share a common petrol tank fuel gauge sender unit? If so what is it? Mine is playing up. Fred. Williams
Views: 462   Replies: 2
Last Post: Sep 4, 2017 10:02pm
by Fred Williams
SAK 900J
Peter Leetham is trying to locate the NG-TF, Maroon metallic, he built in the eighties and had to part with in 2013. Anybody know of it's whereabouts ?
Views: 392   Replies: 1
Last Post: Aug 26, 2017 2:47pm
by Paul Bennett
EEK537 Henley Challenger
Hi All, I owned this car a few years ago and wondered if any one knows where it is now and how it is getting on? I know it was sold to a gentleman in Derbyshire. Thanks Phil
Views: 493   Replies: 1
Last Post: Aug 26, 2017 2:44pm
by Paul Bennett
ChangiNGear - Spring Issue
Our apologies for the late issue of the Spring Edition of ChangiNGear This is now at the printers and should be winging it's way to your letterboxes very shortly We hope you will enjoy - Chris and Su (Hore) NG Editors
Views: 342   Replies: 2
Last Post: Aug 20, 2017 3:14pm
by Chris Hore
Wanted NG TC project
Hi, wanted NG TC project anything considered. Please e mail. Thank you.
Views: 419   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 22, 2017 6:02pm
by Striker1660
m
Mike
Norfolk
Hi All Are there any NG TF owners in Norfolk that would let me have a look at there car NR12 Many thanks Mike
Views: 371   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jul 6, 2017 1:05am
by Paul Bennett
NG TF (1800 marina) slave clutch cylinder
Hi My TF has been off the road for a few years and now when I try to get it running the clutch seals need replacing. My problem is to remove the cylinder the clutch arm needs depressing. This seems an impossible task with the engine/gearbox in situ. Anyone know a to...
Views: 447   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jul 6, 2017 1:03am
by Paul Bennett
t
TFRob
Clutch Hose part number
I seem to have lost my braided clutch hose in the house move! Does anyone have a part number for it, or at least know what car it came from. I have a standard rubber MGB hose but it seems a little short! Thanks, Rob.
Views: 318   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jul 1, 2017 8:52pm
by Mick Greenland
Rear springs
I am contemplating replacing the rear springs on my TC, has anyone fitted new to an NG or tried parabolic springs?
Views: 336   Replies: 2
Last Post: May 10, 2017 9:15pm
by jbs
Earth not Mars or cadbury!
During winter months I attempt to start my car up once a month the realise its two however, it just about fires up, The other day I walked the battery to the guy up the road who tests batteries and said mine was find (it just coming up to the end of the three year wa...
Views: 358   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 10, 2017 8:21pm
by Mick Greenland
Wallingford car rally
Dear All, The Wallingford Vehicle Rally and Parade returns on Sunday May 10th 2015 for its 11th year. This relaxed, friendly and very informal event is organised by a small group of volunteers. The event will kick off at 11am with a parade of 250 vehicles throug...
Views: 289   Replies: 9
Last Post: Mar 4, 2017 11:43pm
by Neil blagden
NG TC V8
Just saw this one for sale, doesn't actually say if it has been previously registered, but the price looks good. http://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C817390
Views: 550   Replies: 2
Last Post: Dec 22, 2016 8:06pm
by David Frost
HENLEY BUILT BY CHALLENGER CARS LTD ???
Can any Henley owners in the Club(or any member) enlighten me as to when their Henley cars were built and by which company or kit purchased and from which firm? Why I ask I have a Ford Sierra based Henley built in 1990 and first MOT January 2nd 1991. Various MOTs, u...
Views: 419   Replies: 2
Last Post: Dec 4, 2016 7:25pm
by Kenneth Warrilow
Tonneau cover
Hi Need some help on this one I have NG TF with head rests spoken to Findhorn Cars they have stock of tonneau covers without the place for head rests will it fit, can anyone advise Kind Regards Rod
Views: 374   Replies: 0
Last Post: Nov 18, 2016 12:09pm
by Rod Thomason
Wire Wheels
I have just finished rebuilding a Marina based TF but the wire wheels are a bit tatty. I was hoping to fit a new set of chrome wheels but the hub splines don't fit the grooves on MGB wire wheels. Does anyone know what the original wheels would have been from?
Views: 549   Replies: 3
Last Post: Nov 8, 2016 8:52pm
by Kevin Milligan
Problems with Forum
Pleased to inform you all that the recent problems with the Forum Board have now been resolved. So, you can start posting again...
Views: 317   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 13, 2016 9:30am
by Mike Peel
m
Mel
Devil's Advocate
Ok, let’s play devil’s advocate, has having a facebook site brought this site to its knees? It was never an alive site, is facebook leading to its demise?
Views: 462   Replies: 8
Last Post: Jul 10, 2016 12:47pm
by Paul Bennett
j
JBS
Using my NG TA
I am (very) slowly going through the electrics and mechanicals of my NG Ta while keeping it running and having some fun on sunny days. It had not been used very much by the previous owner and appeared to have been serviced on a 'needs must' basis. So far I have wi...
Views: 394   Replies: 7
Last Post: Jul 10, 2016 12:41pm
by Paul Bennett
f
Fulvio
Info about NG TC V8 with plate HKB446D (purple color with polished bonnet)
Hello! Anyone has got infos about the NG TC V8 purple with polished bonnet with plate HKB446D? I'm a lot interested about the engine. I found only this article about it: http://www.carsceneuk.com/ng-tc-v8-3-5-rover-sdi-modified-show-piece/ Anyone knows th...
Views: 453   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jul 10, 2016 12:36pm
by Paul Bennett
Rally 2016
Hi, Just want to say how very much we enjoyed our first ever rally with the NG Owner's Club. Everyone was so friendly and welcoming. Not having our NG with us was no hindrance as everyone was happy to share advice. We now know the best way to put up the hood thanks...
Views: 377   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jul 10, 2016 12:21pm
by Paul Bennett
V8 Heater
My TC V8 has an MGB heater. It has no water control valve, and no power control. As a result, it's always on and blowing heat into the footwells. The guy who restored the car and put the TVR engine in it had overheating problems, so that may be why the heater is al...
Views: 357   Replies: 2
Last Post: May 13, 2016 2:39pm
by Piers Jones
Badge Bar
Hi Can anyone tell me the name and contact details of a supplier of the Badge Bar that fits between the headlights on a TF. I can see from the photo section that a lot of members have them fitted. Regards Mel Dowson
Views: 465   Replies: 7
Last Post: Apr 27, 2016 7:21pm
by Mel Dowson
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Free Forum powered by Bravenet