The Soulpranos Forum
Start a New Topic 
1 2 3 4
Author
Comment
Re: THE SOULPRANOS FILM CLUB

Thanx again will do that when i get in from workio

Mrs Jonsey, I have now watched the 1st 12 episodes of the 2nd series of Lost... it's fantastic !!!!!

Where U @: Work

random pickings

seven days in may;

a superb sixties political thriller staring burt lancaster,kirk douglas,and fredric march about a plot to overthrow the us goverment by its own generals

fail safe;

henry fonda and a baby faced larry hagman in a tense stand off between russia and america over a rouge fighter bomber

two greats from the same director
kathryn bigelow
near dark;

if its not the best vampire movie ever then i dont know what is

point break

surf dudes turn bank robbers in what mr hill would term rubbish but good rubbish

Claire wev'e seen the first three episodes of second series can't wait for the rest did u have a nice holiday?

Claire just watched 5 episodes how brilliant but i need sleep more tommorrow

favourite movies - a few more
SUMMER OF SAM - I LIKE SPIKE LEE FILMS
KILL BILL VOL 1 AND 2
MASTER AND COMMANDER -
ONCE UPON A TIME IN AMERICA -HAS DENIRO EVER MADE A BAD FILM?
HEAT- PACINO VS DENIRO , GREAT MOVIE!!
JACKIE BROWN - SAMUEL L JACKSON, U COOL DUDE!
THE USUAL SUSPECTS - SUPERB !
DO THE RIGHT THING - SPIKE LEE AT HIS BEST
PINK PANTHER MOVIES - PETER SELLERS @ HIS BEST
WHAT DO YOU THINK,MR HILL?
RAREGROOVER

Where U @: southampton

NIK NAME RAREGROOVER

Debs, had a fantastic holiday thanks. Can't wait for the next soul night. Let me know if you are up to anything in the next few weeks as I would love to catch up. Australia's taste in music has a lot to answer to and I need a soul fix !!!! xxxx

Where U @: The Loft

Hi darlin glad u had a nice time x were going up to Yarmouth for Richards big 50 next week quite a gang of us going up anything else will let u know honey xxxx

Cool, is Richard's bday party an open invitation? If so I might come along?? Let me know sweetie Cxx

Yes indeedy he has left details and phone number if you look through the pages of soulboys xxxx

Claire call me any timr hun xxx

Dropped my mobi in a pint of beer and lost my lifes worth of numbers . Can you text me your no then I can store it on my new phone Have a great weekend and if I decide to come next weekend I will give you a call x

Claire will do xx

that episode was sad

Just watched 'The Searchers' today & what a great western ! The only thing missing in it was a train ! Fantastic photography & wonderful landscapes aplenty.

Where U @: Reno, NV, USA

Lots of grist for the scouser's mill, there.

I have to chip in with my surprise (to me) film of the year, 'Serenity'. Sci-Fi is my reading and film matter of choice however, as a genre, it does have an air of geekiness that thanfully, it seems to be shaking off. As demonstrated by the inclusion of 4 out of the top 8 films being sci-fi on Film 2005 viewers poll, the number one being 'Serenity'. Team America doesn't count. That's Thunderbirds on gear.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/films/film2005/filmofyear_2005.shtml

OK, Batman Begins IS comic book but enjoyable nontheless. I was impressed enough with War of the Worlds to watch it several times on DVD. A fan of the original, I thought this went one better. The sound is epic via home cinema.

Two Kia-Oras and a packet of Sun-Pat, please!

Glad you enjoyed it Brian.
Westerns are a particular favourite of mine(along with Mafia movies).
Also in the frame are;"SHANE","RED RIVER",SOLDIER BLUE","LITTLE BIG MAN" "CHEYANNE AUTUMN" AND "DANCES WITH WOLVES".

Chris,

I am impressed you mentioned Larry David - Curb your Enthusuasm is incredible, so many great episodes, (Krayzee Eyez Killah) I am going nuts waiting for the next season. Mister Harris

So many people list Spinal Tap in their best movies lists that I am always surpised they haven't discovered Christopher Guest's follow up's which were even funnier, they are not as obvious but Waiting for Guffman, Best in Show and the greatest 'A Mighty Wind'(the most obvious follow up to Spinal Tap but with the world of Folk Music) are so incredible and are mockumentaries performed so straight that the uninitiated might be fooled into thinking that they are watching a real documentary at times and gradually realise that everyone is completely insane - Very clever films with superb ensemble casts consistant throughout.

a bit silly i know, as westerns go i have to say blazin saddles ,one of my all time fave films.clare you are more than welcome to come and see me get older on 4th march.

Where U @: soulvill hq

Thanks for the invite Richard. If I can get a dog sitter, I will be there ! If I don't get to make it, have fun and happy birthday!

Where U @: Work

Just had a read through some very interesting comments and films, I'd like to advise anyone who never saw Dead Man's Shoes' last year. My favorite release of 2005. Paddy Considine staggering peformance, a class act, someone to look out for in the coming years. Before watching this I last saw Paddy in a Moloko video in which he proves himself a Northern Soul Dancer. (Another passion of mine). No ends to this mans talent. Please watch Dead Man's Shoes. I look forward to you reviews.

The Searchers is widely considered to be the greatest Western Ever made. Unforgiven is pretty much a close second and maybe High Noon as No3.

anyone catch downfall on channel 4 last week.not for the faint hearted but burno kanz as hitler was feckin superb as was the rest of the cast

downfall was great,madeit more interesting with the old dear who was there.

Where U @: soulvill hq

Time for an update,methinks.

Picked up the new James Bond boxset this week. All 20 films spread across 40 dvds and presented in a shiny attache case.
All the films have been restored by Lowry. Basically means going through the original camera negative frame by frame taking out all the muck and fluff and restoring some of the colour digitally. I sat through "From Russia with love" last night and it must be the best this 1963 classic has ever looked. And with a 5.1 sound mix too!!!
Very nice!

tony ,do they explode when you have watched them?

Where U @: soulville hq

No Richard, but the "Mission Improssible" ones do!

Saw Superman Returns last week - excellent, much better than I expected.

1 2 3 4