The Soulpranos Forum
Start a New Topic 
1 2 3 4 5 6
Author
Comment
Re: ipod

i-mac g5 update...must say that the g5 is running very well indeed have now placed about 40 gigs of tunes into i-tunes.......net/printer/sound all connect via airport express [ wireless ] can now use g5 around the house/garden [ in the summer ] wife calls the g5 [ ireene ] ?????........ dont ask me why....... have you seen the price of ipods........ 60gig for £309............. i-pod minis 4 gig @ £129................

just a few lines on the new 30/60 gig i-photo.....apple have now beefed up the batt life for these units to over 10 hours...my old 20 gig i-pod is only good for aprox 7 hours [ 3rd gen ]..... b 4 a recharge is needed......ps am getting on with the i-mac g5....not to many prodlems changing from pc [windows] to mac it also seems more media friendly.......

hi sean,now u have converted to the world of apple computers, i wonder if u can or anyone else help me with a technical problem, for me anyway!! do u know how to put mp3's sent to you via email , on to your i tunes folder so u can store then properly,and burn cd's from these mp3's? if you or anyone knows how to do this i would be eternally grateful,yours truly, raregroover, groovin on an easter afternoon !

Where U @: southampton

NIK NAME paul vine

Sean I think I do need an ipod!What did you say it did again?

Paul,first you need to save the mp3's to your hard drive,remembering where you put them.Example would be C:/My Documents/My Music
Then in I-tunes,open File,Import new file or folder,then browse till you locate your saved mp3's and click on Import.
Burning a disc is relatively easy too.Just create a playlist with the tracks you want on the CD.When it's complete,left click on the playlist name and you'll see a button top right of the screen with "Burn Disc" on it.Left click that and you're away!!
Good luck,and hope all that was clear enough.
Mark

Where U @: Aveley

Diamond it dosn't do a bangra lap dance

>> Transparent PC illusion <<
These chaps have set their PC's wallpaper to
be whatever is behind the computer, giving an
impression of having a transparent screen. It's
really rather clever stuff http://files.macbidouille.com/transparent/

Sean, thought you might find the above article amusing

Lynn

test on i-shuffle 1gb.....picked one of these solid state units [ no moving parts ] just to see if they are any good.....must say they work very well,but can only store aprox 300 tunes,you get the same i-tunes software as with the 20/40 gb i-pods.....you can run them in tandem [ both together ] so you can loadup the tunes you fancy, the big plus is size, price and batt life as mine seems to be good for 12/14 hours on 1 charge the unit plugs into a usb socket to load and charge..price for the 1gb around the £90 mark..... comes complete with apple earbud headphones and layard [so you can ware it round your neck.....also if you fancy this type of mp3 player but with a display have a look at the new sony 1gb nwe 107 at about £99.......

just a line to say ive a new 30gb i-pod stored all me soul tunes carry them everywhere before it was a pain putting all those tunes on cd....buy one.

just received the 60gb ipod with color sceen...very nice..stores tunes n digital photos, long batt life full test later......regards sean.

Sean it's my bufday Monday was thinking of ipod!!! how many tunes does the 60g hold and what is th price,hope you well,may been down in a couple of weeks

Where U @: THE LOFT

Shep, how are u mate? adds say my boring old 40gb ipod should hold 10,000 tunes plus---so 60 gb 15000 wouldnt be unrealistic-mind u size of the files (eg length of tune and quality-eg 192, 320 ect) will affect the final amount u can load up. If you buy definately invest in the i-trip or similar (Andy U has a nice alternative)--and for home use definately go down the bose soundock route-£250!!!expensive but well worth it, trust me wel thats my thoughts-over to you Mr French

shep me ol mucker..happy i-pod day...20gb £209...60gb..£299...used to have the 3rd gen 20gb...now just changed to the new color 60gb..have about 4000 tunes + 700 photos stored on it at present...tunes stored @ 192mp3 bit rate { near cd spec } still have 18gb to play with [ you can buy a direct digital camera link for £18 from the apple store so when your chip in the camera is full you can load the photos to the i-pod then erase chip when you sinc it with your pc/mac/laptop it uploads the photos...job done...you can even have a photo slide show on the sceen of the i-pod..or plug it into a tv set.....give us a call for more info...hope you n claire are well and we would like to see you both...again happy b/day....

This is a good laugh:
http://www.nytimes.com/video/html/2005/06/29/technology/highbandwidth/windowsmedia/20050629_GUEST_VIDEO.html

..video will auto load and it's the second video in!
Enjoy.

Jester.

jester, nice one!! not many people going to take the flea bag on public transport over here though

back in the room

60gig i-pod update.....still ONLY 2 thirds full now have 4000+ tracks @ 192 bit rate,[ very near cd spec ] 1000 photos.......and you can put the lot in your pocket.......and after a very wet holiday in devon....it was a case of name that tune.....

new twin i-pod mixer from numark on sale from sept...gives full remote control over i-pods inc mic input...full details on the numark site.

hears is a nice little site for you all it also has the iPod FM car dock iuse with some nice downloads too.

www.ipodhacks.com

if you bought your iPod from the uk the volume is EU- restricted use this link
www.eupod.com

and it’s FFFFFFFFFFFFFree

howdy sean, just a quick word to say ; what a gadget the i pod shuffle is!!! it is so neat ,the shuffle selection plays a great selection of random tracks ! it is highly recommended,raregroover on the sunny south coast,the best thing to come out of southampton since the QE2!! when the saints go marching in, were only here for the season !!!!!!!

Where U @: southampton

NIK NAME raregroover

hiya paul-just a quickie (as i dont wanna hijack the thread)-u doing soul city tomorrow-if so we must meet up bruv

paul have to agree with you on that..ive a 1 gb holds about 200 tunes with 14 hour batt life..and the size of a packet of gum...great and the cost is comming down all the time have read that a 2 gb one will be out soon regards sean.

have you seen the new nano i-pod 2 or 4 gb...color screen,click wheel,can store photos and music replaces the i-pod mini..solid state [ no moving parts ] plugs into usb port for charging and data transfer..docking unit is avaliable...the bizz check it out on the apple site..note the small size....nice...

Sean,theres a fine line between a healthy interest in new technology and an Ipod fetish ;-))

Where U @: Aveley

problems with i-pod nano..... bbc news report that some of the color displays on the 2/4 gb nano i-pods can crack , i know of 3 people that have nanos no problems so far [ if you drop /run over etc of course the display will crack lets face it when you spend £139/£179 on a nano you dont go round dropping it at those prices ] but if you are unlucky they will replace/repair F.O.C as for the case they all pickup marks due to dayly use...keep you posted.......

News.
Apple this week responded to recent complaints that its iPod nano suffered screen problems.

The company confirmed these reports were true, but stressed that it had identified the fault, recognised it as a quality control problem from one of its suppliers, and enumerated the affected nanos as one-tenth of one per cent of units shipped. And agreed to replace faulty units for free.

Sean
Have you seen this site ? shows just i tough a nano is,

http://arstechnica.com/reviews/hardware/nano.ars

Still a problem with the batt??? The ipod got a bad report for customer service and btt life!! Sean The SP ON STV

Where U @: The Loft

new 5th gen i-pod...in 30[60 gb size cost £219..30gb £299..60gb..able to play vid as well as music..smaller size...larger screen size..longer batt life..etc etc...new i-tune 6 software available....more info to follow....

just downloaded the sean french pod-cast

1 2 3 4 5 6