Return to Website

NG Owners Club Forum

Welcome to the NG Owners Club Forum.

This forum is intended for members of the NGOC, if you are not a member
please consider joining  it only costs £15 a year...

The views & comments expressed on this forum are the views and comments of the person that posted them. The NG owners club does not take any responsibility for any views or comments made on the forum. The NG owners club reserves the right to remove any posting from the forum.

NG Owners Club Forum
Start a New Topic 
9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18
Topic
Author
Views
Replies
Last Post
Ital based NG/Pastiche TF
Has anybody any suggestions/experience re getting an Ital based car through the SVA test. y concerns are the the sharp bits underneath.
Views: 543   Replies: 1
Last Post: Apr 27, 2006 9:24pm
by Mark Staley
j
Jonas
Some questions. Stoneleigh, NG TC ....
Hi My name is Jonas and I´m a builder from Sweden. With a MK Indy car built I´m now looking for something new to build. I was at Stoneleigh last year and saw among others Allan´s golden TC, which looked super We´re going this year again and...
Views: 364   Replies: 3
Last Post: Apr 27, 2006 5:18pm
by Hugo Van-Manen
Handbrake cable
When I was drilling the holes in my NG body tub, I very carefully measured them all, including the handbrake lever location. Now I'm nearing completion, I'm checking everything is working ok, and have discovered that the hadnbrake won't apply. Then adjuster below the...
Views: 373   Replies: 1
Last Post: Apr 26, 2006 7:22pm
by Chris Humphreys
d
David
NG TF Pedal Box
My Dad's TF has quite a lot of lateral brake/clutch pedal movement/play. It seems from the Haynes manual that there is a bronze bush pressed into the pedal arm and then a sleeve sits between this and the long pedal box bolt (fulcrum). My question is where should the...
Views: 323   Replies: 2
Last Post: Apr 22, 2006 5:06am
by David
NG TC V8 Rear Axle
Hello, could someone offer some advice on what type of axle to put under my TC, it has a 3.9 V8, a few "experts" have suggested that it will have to be a LSD axle and these a quite expensive, although I would rather use one now rather than putting the standard mg it...
Views: 271   Replies: 2
Last Post: Apr 21, 2006 11:45pm
by Dave Holland
Detling - European Kit Car Show
If anyone went to this show, I would be very pleased to received photos and/or a brief report for ChangiNGear. Many thanks in anticipation...
Views: 256   Replies: 2
Last Post: Apr 21, 2006 11:28pm
by Dave Holland
m
martin
bonnet and exhaust fitment
hi Can someone tell me if you can retro fit tube manifolds v8 and sidepipes to TC? as it looks as though the bonnet withtop catches and lower panels differ from pictures i have seen on normal bottom exhausted cars. i AM ASLO LOOKING TO BUY V8 TC ANY KNOW OF ANY PL...
Views: 342   Replies: 1
Last Post: Apr 20, 2006 10:21pm
by Martin
Lavenham Carnival 28th August
If any member is interested in showing their NG at this venue I can organise a club stand. Lavenham is a medieval market town, packed with wonderful timbered buildings and well worth a visit in it's own right. The 'Rare Breeds' vehicle show, which is part of the ca...
Views: 368   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 18, 2006 8:45am
by David Edwards
d
David
NG TF Door Solenoid Wiring
Can anyone help me wtih an overview of the door solenoid system/wiring/concept? I am just about to investigate why the solenoids don't work, sometimes work and sometimes just sit there going in and out. I am unfamilier with the wiring (i.e I did not build the car...
Views: 331   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 14, 2006 12:45pm
by David
swedish export regulations
Trying to find out scandinavian requirements on NG exported from uk with British Plates and SVA Cert.If anyone has any info on any problems the owner may come across with officals and Homologation ,please write, thanks very much.
Views: 250   Replies: 1
Last Post: Apr 13, 2006 8:25am
by Jonas
NG TA 327VRF
Does any one know who built my TA 327VRF? I believe it was built around 1989. I aquired the vehicle in 1997. She still looks good and is running well. Derek Shock derek.shock@btinternet.com
Views: 262   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 7, 2006 6:07pm
by Derek Shock
NGTCV8 rear suspension and exhaust clearance
My TCV8 suspension tramps like a gooden under hard acceleration. Has anyone experience/contact details for the John Hoyle rear suspension, or have any suggestions? I have stainless steel tubular headers that run down the side of the car. My problem is the front m...
Views: 356   Replies: 2
Last Post: Mar 31, 2006 7:51pm
by Martin
NG TV
No, the NG TV is not a new model. But, did anyone else see the ITV drama Lewis? It was Inspector Morse without Morse. But more importantly, a TF was shown in a pivotal role to the story! OK, it was shown crashing, an accident in which the fictional racing driver John...
Views: 358   Replies: 1
Last Post: Mar 29, 2006 10:04pm
by Chris Humphreys
European Kit Car Show, Detling
Hi Anyone going to Detling for the European Kir Car Show? I thought I might go on Saturday 8th if any other NGers are going.
Views: 246   Replies: 2
Last Post: Mar 29, 2006 10:02pm
by Chris Humphreys
Crankshaft pulley removal
Hi, does anybody know of a suitable tool to use to 'chock' the pulley wheel while the bolt is undone? If there is a method that somebody knows of then I'd be pleased to hear of it !! Thank you.
Views: 305   Replies: 3
Last Post: Mar 28, 2006 5:16pm
by Ashley Reynolds
Wiring queries
I've almost finished the loom on my TF, but have two things I need answered: my ignition switch has 4 terminals on the back, numbered 1 to 4. Number 3 has two actual copper spades, so it's a double terminal. The loom has 4 sets of wires, one brown, one white/red and...
Views: 266   Replies: 2
Last Post: Mar 28, 2006 3:29pm
by Chris Wilson
Cooling Hoses for NG TC
Congratulations and thanks to who ever set up this forum - pleasantly suprised to find it after googling for latest info on NG etc. Built my NGtc in 1983 with a goldseal 1800 Marina engine and now afetr 23 years (seven under a tarpualin)I am refurbishing the mecha...
Views: 320   Replies: 5
Last Post: Mar 12, 2006 1:16pm
by Jonathan Stedman
m
Mark
Totalkitcar live
Is anyone planning on going to Oulton Park on the 25th, for the totalkitcar live event.
Views: 317   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 12, 2006 9:16am
by Mark
Wire Wheels
I am new to this forum and am about to embark on a TF project. I am sure I will have lots of questions in the coming months (years) but for now has anyone reconditioned/rechromed Wire Wheels? Is there a company out that that would do it or would the cost be too high?...
Views: 322   Replies: 2
Last Post: Mar 11, 2006 10:46am
by Mark
m
Mike
Welcome to the NG Owners Club Forum
If you want answers to questions or just want to impart some information then this is the place to do it.
Views: 418   Replies: 7
Last Post: Mar 10, 2006 3:41pm
by Jonathan Stedman
NG TD - UWD 629G
Hello I want to buy a Half & Full tonneau cover. Findhorn have quoted £300 for a Full cover. Any help on sourcing these items a 'tad' cheaper would be much appreciated. 2nd hand would be fine and colour not a problem. Regards Mike
Views: 361   Replies: 1
Last Post: Mar 10, 2006 3:38pm
by Jonathan Stedman
NGTF Speedo Cable
Hi I am trying to source a speedo cable for my TF. Car is based on a 1969 MGB GT. Can anyone help? The original MGB GT cable is too short.
Views: 244   Replies: 2
Last Post: Mar 4, 2006 11:22pm
by Chris Humphreys
Wanted 1989 NGTCV8 build manual
I have purchased a 1989 NGTCV8. I have work to do to it and wondered if a build manual existed for these kits. It would help with the disassembly and parts specification. Currently replacing the engine and I need to modify the front mud guards because they touch th...
Views: 265   Replies: 0
Last Post: Feb 13, 2006 8:37pm
by Martin Coombs
wanted
wanted. set of seats for t.a. rebuild project. colour/condition immaterial,but ideally cream or magnolia.
Views: 389   Replies: 0
Last Post: Feb 5, 2006 10:11am
by nick earnshaw
Stafford show
Hi everyone, Just read on Totalkitcar that the Stafford show is off. If anyone knows of someone intending to go it would be worth mentioning. Mark
Views: 280   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 27, 2006 5:57pm
by Mark Staley
NG TA - JCD 331E
Is the TA I built still around? I started building JCD 331E in 1981 and put it on the road in 1983. I sold the car in 1986 when I went abroad to work. I know the car last changed owner in October 1997 and was last taxed until September 1998. I still have alot o...
Views: 291   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 13, 2006 8:28pm
by Chris Jordan
Crossword puzzle in club mag
OK that's it, I give in!! 4 I managed to answer, anyone do any better? I can't wait for the next club mag for the rest of the answers. The closing date has passed so come on share those an answers if you have them.
Views: 306   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 12, 2006 8:23pm
by Mark Staley
TA Hood
Still looking for plans or drawings or info as to where I can find same to make a hood for my TA. Or possibly a s second hand one? Not too bothered myself but 'er indoors is not keen on the wind in the hair, bugs in the teeth fun of aero screens. HELP!!!! John
Views: 359   Replies: 1
Last Post: Dec 21, 2005 11:19pm
by Nigel Lockyer
NGTF
Hi All Is there anyone in the Oxford area who would be willing to show off their TF in order that I can demonstrate to my good lady how nice these cars are? TIA Pete
Views: 307   Replies: 0
Last Post: Nov 25, 2005 12:27am
by Pete Cherry
m
Martin
Hello and NGTCV8 tyre pressure
Hello Just joined the club and recently bought an NGTCV8. Prompted by a tyre going down, what pressure should the tyres be? Visited the Kit car show at Brands Hatch last weekend, met Findhorn cars and the owner of the lovely gold TCV8. Did anybody else go? Rega...
Views: 384   Replies: 11
Last Post: Nov 15, 2005 7:43pm
by Martin
Lemans Classic 2006
July 6 to 10 (Thurs to Mon) Ferry (Dover/Cal), Hotel (four nights) in LeMans, Circuit entry, Grandstand, Paddock & Parking. £309 per person. I need £100 deposit by 14 November!!!First come first served. Limited space available. Regards Alan
Views: 365   Replies: 0
Last Post: Nov 7, 2005 9:34pm
by Alan Goodbun
Donington show
Just a quick thanks to Ed and his dad for their help on Saturday. I shall spill the beans in the club mag. Mark
Views: 298   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 18, 2005 4:50pm
by Mark Staley
m
Mark
Xmas bash
Hi all, Are we in the midlands area going to have a Xmas Bash, All in favour speak up. Mark
Views: 313   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 13, 2005 7:04pm
by Mark
i
Ian
SVA
I'm getting pretty well to the end of the build of my TF, and the next thing that has me in cold sweats is... the SVA test! I would much appreciate people's experiences with this - how did you find it? What were the testers like? What sort of things are likely to cat...
Views: 353   Replies: 3
Last Post: Sep 12, 2005 7:26pm
by Ian
e
ed
distrubutor//flametrap
which distributor is the beter one mallory dualpoint or unilite fully electronic also how do you fit flametrapd to rocker covers any help would be grateful ED
Views: 387   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 13, 2005 12:36pm
by ed
Goodwood revival meeting
Anybody going? I will be there on the Sunday. If you fancy meeting up then please let me know.
Views: 297   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 13, 2005 11:48am
by Jeff Yardley
Weight of NGTF
Does anyone know the approximate weight of a 1800cc NGTF? Many thanks Mike Rogers
Views: 385   Replies: 3
Last Post: Aug 13, 2005 11:30am
by Jeff Yardley
e
ed
rev counter
what causes rev counter to bounce erratically on a v8 engined car can you tell me of a solution and ocassionally needle will stick. thanks
Views: 392   Replies: 1
Last Post: Aug 5, 2005 2:46pm
by David Edwards
Sticky points on new distributor
Several months ago I treated my TF to a new distibutor. 25Ds are no longer available so I bought a 45D from the BeeHive. The result was an engine that would start OK but ran very rough when accelerated. I refitted the 25D and things returned to normal. Recently I...
Views: 378   Replies: 1
Last Post: Aug 4, 2005 1:52pm
by Chris Humphreys
TA Which Engines fit?
Just acquired my first NG from Ed Szor, and want to upgrade the engine, as it is getting on somewhat, like myself. I am tempted by the Octarine Turnkey engines but notice that they are fitted with an alternator rather than the dynamo I have at present. Can this engin...
Views: 376   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jul 19, 2005 9:57am
by John MacKenzie
side exhaust
hi. any views on a side exhaust for a TF . I am trying to gain groung clearance. as the roads in essex are not designed for low kit cars
Views: 318   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 18, 2005 1:37pm
by steve dearing
e
edd
wanted TC
hi is anyone selling a ng tc preferbly a v8, a so called mate has let me down he is not selling now. dont mind a non runner or one that needs work to finnish thanks.
Views: 328   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 7, 2005 9:51pm
by edd
Under 17 car club magic day
Every year the Under 17 Car Club runs what they call 'Magic day'. This consists of volunteers with interesting vehicles(eg NG's) giving rides around a race circuit in the south of England. I must add that this is NOT at race speed. A small fee is paid per ride by the...
Views: 366   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 22, 2005 11:50pm
by Paul Bennett
Shelsley Walsh Centenary event -Sunday 21st August
To all and sundry, Look at the "events" page on this site and you will find an atricle highlighting the wonderful centenary event at Shelsley Walsh on weekend on 19th-21st August 2005. Shelsley is the oldest motoring event in the World. It's hidden in a beautiful...
Views: 288   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 20, 2005 9:37pm
by Richard Bradley ...
midlands group
Whats happening in the Midlands? Despite numerous attempts to contact the midlands rep by various different means and failing every time I thought I would try this forum. I notice there is nothing in the latest magazine either. So, is there anything happening? If...
Views: 443   Replies: 5
Last Post: Jun 20, 2005 9:29pm
by Richard Bradley ...
British Sports Car Day. Rougham Airfield, Bury St. Edmunds. 21 Aug
If anyone coming to Suffolk for the Rougham Sports Car Meet in August would like to make a note of a member who lives 25 miles from Rougham and is happy to offer such assistance as I can to any member having trouble (with the car that is, I can't help with women or m...
Views: 351   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jun 17, 2005 6:11pm
by Chris Humphreys
NG Rally
Hello All, Hope you all have a fantastic weekend, sorry we are not there. Hope to see you all at the Findhorn Cars Open Day on July 17th, East Meon Village Hall. Kind wishes, Monica
Views: 298   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jun 17, 2005 6:02pm
by Chris Humphreys
National Rally 2005
Did anyone take any photos at the weekend? If so can you forward to me please. Webmaster mike@robin-web.co.uk
Views: 450   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jun 17, 2005 9:13am
by Eddie
e
Eddie
NG hood frame fixings
Does anyone know where I could get ( and what they are called ) the part that fixes to the end of the hood frames and bolts to the body . It is normaly chrome and it pivets the hood frame tubes at the body , and allows the frame to move up and down. Thats the best wa...
Views: 377   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jun 15, 2005 5:15pm
by Nigel
Tacho wiring
During the winter, I have been making a new dashboard and interior for my 1800cc NGTF. All things have gone reasonably well and hope to have complete for the show in two weeks time. I do have a problem with my rev counter as I have lost my way with the wiring! There...
Views: 380   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jun 14, 2005 8:28pm
by David Edwards
9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18
Free Forum powered by Bravenet