18u Message Board

Welcome to our message board. If you need help,or just want to talk to someone you can leave a message here, but please don't give out any personal details (home addresses,telephone numbers).

We will respect your confidentiality unless we we are told about a serious crime or any child at risk Then we might have to talk to someone about it to get help.

18u Message Board
This Forum is Locked
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Topic
Author
Views
Replies
Last Post
k
K-dog
keiran and the stargazing adventure!
it was a dark and cold winters night. all were asleep in the small scottish city of Dundee, dreaming dreams of a simple and innocent nature, not a one amongst these blissful dreamers was aware of the battle raging on the outskirts of town. but this was not a ba...
Views: 399   Replies: 16
Last Post: Feb 14, 2009 2:51am
by K-dog
j
joseph
Jambo-Hallo
Jambo-hallo to all, My name is Joseph, I come from Kenya and work with 18 and under. I also speak swahili, so if you want to learn few swahili words, i am very much happy sharing with you so that when you go for a holiday in kenya to see big animals in the Nationa...
Views: 311   Replies: 9
Last Post: Feb 13, 2009 8:27pm
by Katy
k
K-dog
ideas? anyone?
just a heads up for people, i need to make a short film for use at conferences, the idea is to have a film, powerpoint and pre prepared talk to take to any conferences we will be talking at in future, ans it has to be ready for trial by may/june! so to these en...
Views: 296   Replies: 10
Last Post: Feb 9, 2009 8:30pm
by laura
k
Katy
The Long Awaited Final Message Board Poem!!!
Ok peeps - we now have the final copy of the message board poem and if i do say so myself, it's not too shabby! Well done everyone :) Come join in with our message board fun All you people under the sun Help us fight for violence to be undone So we can all enjo...
Views: 257   Replies: 2
Last Post: Feb 4, 2009 8:32pm
by K-dog
k
Katy
Message Board Poem
So here's my deal! lol i came to the conclusion that everyone on the message board is pretty creative so what i thought was we should make up a message board poem. I'll start off writing a line and then everyone else will write a line until, alas, we have a message b...
Views: 711   Replies: 61
Last Post: Feb 2, 2009 9:11pm
by Jerri
t
tee
trust
not being nasty or whatever but what u say about confindence is pretty much all lies cos all i had 2 do was say i was some1 else n i got infromation on my m8 so... jst fought i wud tells use
Views: 314   Replies: 5
Last Post: Jan 24, 2009 4:56am
by NeverBelieve
l
laura
Laura phobia of clowns!
Its very true - im not the only one...always get in trouble for using wikipedia at uni - but hey, when you need something quick - you can always rely on the old faithfull! ...so yes... Coulrophobia is an abnormal or exaggerated fear of clowns. The term is common....
Views: 318   Replies: 18
Last Post: Jan 23, 2009 8:50pm
by laura
l
laura
If you're in need of inspiration....
http://www.maniacworld.com/are-you-going-to-finish-strong.html Please take a look at this...its just incredible. Im sure you'll agree with me. I was struggling, and this is just the message i needed! Give it a try! xxx
Views: 263   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jan 17, 2009 6:03pm
by laura
k
Katy
Shadow Management Meeting
Hi everyone just to give you plenty notice for our next shadow management meeting, the date will be Thursday 5th February from 5.30 onwards. Hope to see you all there. The last one was very successful and after passing our ideas to the management we are being allowed...
Views: 336   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 12, 2009 2:00pm
by Katy
Poem
Shutting off emotions Can’t let myself feel How can this not be a dream When it all feels surreal Keeping to the shadows And pretending I’m not here Trying not to make a sound But crying out in fear Striving for perfection When everything is...
Views: 235   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jan 11, 2009 9:28am
by laurie
Picture a place.
can you picture a place were everyone has a smile on their face a place were all your worries are erased were all your thoughts disappeared and where there is no one to be feared a place were everyone is friendly and nice no more feeling like your treading on i...
Views: 345   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jan 8, 2009 4:31pm
by laura
k
Katy
Shadow management
Hi everyone, hope you are all doing ok. Just a short message to let you know that Jerri and myself are going to be starting up Shadow Management again. Shadow management is open to anyone under 25 and we basically do exactly what it says on the tin! Lol we have meeti...
Views: 257   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jan 7, 2009 8:06pm
by Jerri
l
laura
Just a thought...cheese!
This is a relly random post - but im constantly confronted with the fear of 'change'....i do it anyway - and push forward, but its a scary prospect huh? An adventure perhaps, but new year, new jobs, new course new home, new relationship blah blah blah - i expect im n...
Views: 277   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jan 6, 2009 11:18pm
by Katy
s
sand
WISHES
The season has come and gone. The time has come round again to get back to some serious work. I would like to wish you all the very best in 2009. I know that some workers have just newly joined us but now is the time to get busy. There is much work to do to k...
Views: 364   Replies: 6
Last Post: Jan 3, 2009 8:56pm
by Jerri
k
Katy
Wanted to be the first to post and i reckon ive beat everyone lol hope u have all had an ok time over xmas and new year and i hope the new year is a better one for everyone (apart from keirans cos he said his year was perfect) take care and hope to speak to u all soon x
Views: 279   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jan 1, 2009 10:30pm
by Jerri
new year
Wishing everyone a happy new year and lets hope 2009 is kind to us all
Views: 279   Replies: 6
Last Post: Dec 31, 2008 12:14am
by laura
:
:/ :/
Writer's Block
I’m in the midst of writer’s block I cannot find a way Pen and paper in my hands But no words can I say Perhaps my mind has gone to sleep It maybe needs a break Time out from reality Perhaps it’s for my sake I hope to shift it one day soon...
Views: 276   Replies: 2
Last Post: Dec 27, 2008 8:01pm
by Jerri
Little One (L) x
Merry Christmas everyone!! (LL) little poem for you guys (: x Every other Christmas the bad memories come around but this year I'm making new ones so the old ones cant be found i used to think all the time that i was completely alone but now i know Ive got y...
Views: 283   Replies: 3
Last Post: Dec 25, 2008 10:01pm
by K-dog
Santa(LL)
Santa comes tonight it's Christmas tomorrow(L) hope everyone has a great day! and hope santa brings yas what yous asked for haha (L) xxx
Views: 283   Replies: 5
Last Post: Dec 24, 2008 9:37pm
by Jerri
k
K-dog
yay moto bike from santa!
guess what everyone!! thats right!! i got me a moto bike!! ha ha its wicked, off road, very fast, massive! anyway i hope santa brings everyone else something they love,theres only three sleeps to go! K-dog x
Views: 334   Replies: 6
Last Post: Dec 24, 2008 12:07am
by K-dog
A Poem
Find a retreat where nobody sleeps Escape from the present in one giant leap Hold on to it tight and don’t let it go They’ll tell you you’re crazy but this isn’t so For this space in your mind was created by you To blank out the pain and...
Views: 298   Replies: 3
Last Post: Dec 23, 2008 11:36pm
by Jerri
nobody
He has left me bruised am i alive just to be abused What have i done wrong? I'm weak now not strong Should i just run away? pack my stuff and go today But my problems would come with me so nothing would change now i see But i really want to just move...
Views: 310   Replies: 5
Last Post: Dec 17, 2008 11:05pm
by neverbelieve
k
Katy
Xmas Nite In
It's me again! lol hope ur all ok. Just to say that we are having a xmas nite in the centre on Monday 22nd December from 7ish onwards. There will be a quiz hosted by Shaun and Marley which is likely to be so impossible that nobody will know the answers but will defin...
Views: 255   Replies: 5
Last Post: Dec 17, 2008 7:43pm
by Jerri
k
Katy
Hi
Hi everyone. Just though i would post seeing as everyone seems to have gone quiet :( hope u all had a good weekend. I don't know where my weekend has gone to be honest, it seems to have flown past. Maybe it was because of all the excitement from the x factor final? O...
Views: 231   Replies: 7
Last Post: Dec 16, 2008 10:37pm
by Jerri
s
Silent
Story
There was once a little girl called Clara. On the outside Clara looked the same as everyone else, but on the inside she felt so very different. Clara didn’t always know why she felt so very different. When she tried to think about why she felt this way her...
Views: 241   Replies: 2
Last Post: Dec 12, 2008 9:13pm
by laura
j
Jerri
happy thursday to all
hi everyone & anyone just thought i would post to say hello because no one had said anything today. in case anyone doesnt know, we're painting two of the offices from now up till we finish them lol. if anyone would like to come in and help us then your more than we...
Views: 219   Replies: 2
Last Post: Dec 12, 2008 8:22am
by laurie
k
K-dog
an invite to all
YOU ARE ALL WELCOME TO COME TO THE CENTRE THIS WEDNESDAY AT 2PM FOR A PRESENTATION ON MY TRIP! it should be a good laugh, there wont be any long boring bits on the business side of things, more just a descript of my exploits. hope to see you there! keiran.
Views: 214   Replies: 3
Last Post: Dec 10, 2008 10:21am
by Laura T
Internet In The Office
Yippppppppppeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee ssssssshhhhh No one tell Laurie that I am on the message board while at work :P xxxxxxxxx P.S I am a better painter than Jerri and Katy...FACT
Views: 251   Replies: 3
Last Post: Dec 10, 2008 10:20am
by Laura T
anyone got an answer?
Why do the good people die first? if your good are you cursed? Cos they always seem to come of the worst why is life just so dam confusing? is it just this one big illusion? maybe its just a big huge test and Cos your trying so hard you don't get a rest Faith...
Views: 297   Replies: 2
Last Post: Dec 8, 2008 10:38pm
by K-dog
s
Secret
Just a thought
I sit here alone in the dark Longing for someone to hear my cries Why does this pain hold it's grip Tears flowing from my eyes Friends? Ha don't make me laugh They say they are always there but I learned the truth, a hard lesson No-one really cares "Frien...
Views: 261   Replies: 4
Last Post: Dec 8, 2008 10:16pm
by K-dog
k
K-dog
day 11 in the states, a day in paris, HOME!
ah its sweet to be home. i finally arrived back here just before midnight on sunday (41 hours after leaving my hotel) and it was ace! was in the office this morning and it really was nice to see everyone again. anyway il do this in order! any mention i make of...
Views: 219   Replies: 2
Last Post: Dec 8, 2008 10:10pm
by K-dog
day 10 in the states
OMG its almost time to come home! I CANT WAIT! let me list my top 5 things i miss 1 being the most 5 the least (but still a lot) 1-my car, i can imagine it now! i get in, turn the key, give the engine just a little rev to hear her purr! stick her in first, pop th...
Views: 219   Replies: 4
Last Post: Dec 6, 2008 8:39pm
by Katy
took my time!!
It took me until now to figure it out that i shouldn't be scared, cos he isn't hanging about so how should i let him rule my whole life? and why should my only true friend be a knife? i looked at his pictures and he always looks so proud maybe someday ill be abl...
Views: 263   Replies: 3
Last Post: Dec 6, 2008 11:58am
by neverbelieve
day 9 in the states
started off today well! picked up my second rental car, its a toyota camry v6 and i admit its not as cool as the dodge it is a better drive, i actually had the choice between the 2 but wanted to try something different hence the toyato! and im glad i picked it. so...
Views: 232   Replies: 4
Last Post: Dec 6, 2008 1:52am
by keiran the great
day 8 in the states
Ok so! Take two! On day 8’s update. Im trying my best to remember what i wrote yesterday as i quite liked lol! I think it went something like – The meeting today was also incredibly boring! But also incredibly useful, There was more of the obligat...
Views: 276   Replies: 1
Last Post: Dec 5, 2008 9:29pm
by Katy
j
Jerri
keiran!!!
we want an update! we want an update! we want an update! p.s. we shall, we shall not be moved!
Views: 218   Replies: 2
Last Post: Dec 4, 2008 10:38pm
by keiran the great
day 7 in the states
today was the most boring day ever!! this meeting had many of the top prevention people in the world so as you might expect they talked about a lot of useless old prattle. il give you the manuscript it was something like - bla bla bla, raise prevention on agend...
Views: 235   Replies: 11
Last Post: Dec 4, 2008 10:37pm
by keiran the great
ARGH
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...
Views: 226   Replies: 1
Last Post: Dec 4, 2008 2:38am
by keiran the great
day 2 in the states
nothing overly exciting to report today, my luggage arrived during the night! sweeeet!! i woke up hungry and after a quick shower and some mercifully clean clothes i went to my free hotel continental breakfast , yum! it was good. i then went in search of red bu...
Views: 298   Replies: 6
Last Post: Dec 4, 2008 12:41am
by neverbelieve
day 6 in the states
DODGE CHARGER V6. thats the car iv been rolling around america in! its red. and so so COOOOOOOOOLLLL!!!!!! i picked the car up at 8 am and hit the road and o baby! it was sweet to be rolling in a style more beffiting of my esteemed stature! i mean really! expe...
Views: 227   Replies: 4
Last Post: Dec 3, 2008 2:48am
by keiran the great
day 5 in the states
hey peeps! il start todays report with a brief mention of something that i accidently ommited yesterday. whilst walking through chinatown i had a marilyn monroe moment! thats right i was walking over a hot fan and felt a strange fluttering around my er, midsect...
Views: 233   Replies: 3
Last Post: Dec 1, 2008 7:46pm
by Katy
day 4 in the states
today i set my room on fire. but il get to that in a minute! i started out today by kiltin it up baby! then i grabbed breakfast in the lobby with some weird looks and one scared mother actually moving her kids away from me! i dont think she knew what a kilt is and...
Views: 254   Replies: 4
Last Post: Nov 30, 2008 10:02pm
by keiran the great
day 3 in the states
oi oi peeps! day 3 has consisted mainly of shopping! the shops here are great i spent 3 hours wandering round a "small" mall lol! bought some cool stuff. amazingly its been a day without mishap just a nice relaxing time, yay! o i visited this little old house t...
Views: 225   Replies: 2
Last Post: Nov 29, 2008 12:23pm
by keiran the great
Laurie!!(L)
Laurie well what can i say? you've tottaly made my day Thankyou for listening to me its great that you can see its better you know how it feels and now i know Sandra you didnt steal you said no more promises and no more lies then if anything happens its easy g...
Views: 264   Replies: 1
Last Post: Nov 28, 2008 6:20pm
by laurie
day 1 in the states
well after a mad weekend in skegness with 4 hours sleep, and a couple of hectic days with 6 hours sleep i left dundee (again no sleep it was 1 am and i had only just got ready in time) and started my journey to the ol USA. 20 hours of cars busses 2 planes a train...
Views: 241   Replies: 3
Last Post: Nov 28, 2008 1:21am
by keiran the great
washington
well i leave my house in 31 minutes and im not packed my clothes are still in the tumble dryer, so going well to be honest ! ha ha will post from washington peeps XX
Views: 245   Replies: 3
Last Post: Nov 26, 2008 3:53pm
by NeverBelieve
k
kevin
hi
hi everyone my name is kevin. i have been with 18 and under for a little over 5 months doing support work and i would like to say its the best thing i have done in a long time the staff at 18 and under are the best.
Views: 326   Replies: 4
Last Post: Nov 26, 2008 8:41am
by shaun the smurf
k
Katy
Hi
Hi everyone just to say i hope you all had a good weekend - im sure it must have been better than mine. To top it all off i got smacked in the ear by a snowball today(don't think i said thanks for that jerri). To make things even worse, and i know you're all thinkin...
Views: 237   Replies: 2
Last Post: Nov 24, 2008 11:12am
by keiran the great
j
Jerri
frozen grapes
hello everyone. just wondering if anyone else out there has tried frozen grapes? lol. if not, you totally should, its really good! but i think you should do it with tesco's seedless green grapes (their the best) pop them in the freezer overnight then enjoy. also won...
Views: 226   Replies: 4
Last Post: Nov 22, 2008 10:40pm
by Jerri
k
kevin
hi
hi all love all you guys at 18 and under not much else to say lol
Views: 274   Replies: 2
Last Post: Nov 22, 2008 8:45pm
by laurie
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Free Forum powered by Bravenet