18u Message Board

Welcome to our message board. If you need help,or just want to talk to someone you can leave a message here, but please don't give out any personal details (home addresses,telephone numbers).

We will respect your confidentiality unless we we are told about a serious crime or any child at risk Then we might have to talk to someone about it to get help.

18u Message Board
This Forum is Locked
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Topic
Author
Views
Replies
Last Post
?
?
?
In the face of certain hopelessness We choose to live or die Making choices right or wrong Allows us to get by As new doors open, old doors close Yet still we don’t know why The ones we love with all our heart Cause pain and make us cry We need a way to...
Views: 251   Replies: 2
Last Post: Nov 20, 2008 8:49pm
by Jerri
hey
hey i am from birkhill primary school
Views: 217   Replies: 3
Last Post: Nov 19, 2008 7:57pm
by keiran the great
HELLOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
Hi thought I would just say hi and find out how everyone is? I have been really busy and not had much time to come on here. I would like all you young people to come out of the wood work and say hi to us even if you are not too young now!! ie. bosses and O.A.P's inc...
Views: 267   Replies: 2
Last Post: Nov 18, 2008 9:38pm
by Katy
s
Susan
I'm on holiday!!!!
Well hello everyone. Just wanted to say how my holiday is going. I have cleaned the house (a few times), done some Xmas shopping and taken care of the kittens. They were at the vet this week and had to be away over night. Think |I was worse than them. Lol. They have...
Views: 279   Replies: 2
Last Post: Nov 17, 2008 7:05pm
by shaun the smurf
j
Jerri
Norwich
hello everyone. well we survived norwich and are back at work again. we only just survived though because two guys chased us and tried to kill us in the hotel! lol, ok maybe im getting carried away, but it was still scary! we did some shopping which was great, but w...
Views: 264   Replies: 3
Last Post: Nov 14, 2008 8:46am
by Laura
Beans on Toast
Hello all hope you are all ok! Katy and Jerricah Jessica Watson are going on a business trip to Norwich on Monday and Tuesday this week so we will be looking out for more hollyoaks men (for anyone who doesn't know we met Max and OB in London)! I got rather star struc...
Views: 302   Replies: 6
Last Post: Nov 13, 2008 8:19pm
by Jerri
t
terri
hi
hi my name is terri. i am sandras friend! i would like 2 come and do volunteering!
Views: 269   Replies: 3
Last Post: Nov 12, 2008 1:14am
by laurie
l
laura
Little gems!
Okay - so no one take offence...im pretty tall - not as tall as Katy - so you are 'little' gems! I just wanted to say a big thankyou to all you guys at 18u. I know its soppy - but you are such an incredible bunch of people. I know i dont get in often but it is so...
Views: 280   Replies: 13
Last Post: Nov 7, 2008 5:04pm
by Jerri
k
Katy
Some brainteasers
What do the words ALMOST and BIOPSY have in common? Two chess masters played fifteen consecutive games of chess. No games were drawn, every game was finished, yet both players won and lost the same number of games as each other. How could this happen? A bucke...
Views: 981   Replies: 13
Last Post: Nov 6, 2008 7:34pm
by keiran the great
khednaa the ace new resource
hey i want to say cheers you lot to everyone that saw me and lauras presentation today (monday) of the VIP resource we designed, we were both really nervous about it and we are both really grateful for all the support and positive feedback we got it really meant a lo...
Views: 269   Replies: 3
Last Post: Nov 4, 2008 3:29pm
by NeverBelieve
m
Mumble
I cried today because...
crying is ok, it is allowed. sometimes it is good to cry. if you cried today why did you cry? I cried today because the puppy was making me feel guilty about taking him back home and it made me feel bad.
Views: 240   Replies: 4
Last Post: Nov 3, 2008 9:02pm
by Jerri
m
Mumble
I smiled today because....
always find a reason to smile everyday. whats your reason for smiling today? i smiled today because i went a wlak with 3 dogs and it made me smile to watch them play and run through the mud and have fun! :)
Views: 300   Replies: 6
Last Post: Nov 3, 2008 9:02pm
by Jerri
s
scared
:( hlep
i gto told abuot this site from other site cool2takl and they said i hsould speak to sokeone on here i enesd to get help is thre skoeone i can talk to ?
Views: 304   Replies: 4
Last Post: Nov 2, 2008 7:32pm
by Jerri
Happy Halloween!(LL)
HAPPY HALLOWEEN EVERYONE! ha(LL) hope everyone has a good timee
Views: 270   Replies: 2
Last Post: Nov 1, 2008 7:01pm
by NeverBelieve
The leader of the pack
Laurie is a feeble old dear She's going a little bit dotty Her mind is no longer quite so clear But it's still bloody naughty
Views: 386   Replies: 19
Last Post: Nov 1, 2008 3:28am
by keiran the great
s
Susan
Just to say hi!
Finally got my broadband sorted so can now say hello to everyone.
Views: 371   Replies: 7
Last Post: Oct 31, 2008 12:15am
by NeverBelieve
l
laurie
Noddy
I heard yesterday that Noddy the rabbit from Kirkton Community Support had died. For those of us who knew him, it is a great loss. The place will not be the same without him hopping around and scratching his head on our feet. He had a good life and we will all miss...
Views: 252   Replies: 4
Last Post: Oct 30, 2008 10:46pm
by keiran the great
l
laurie
launch of book in london
Nearly all the workers from eighteen and under are down in london tonight at the launch of our school book to help young abuse survivors. i wish i could be with these ambassadors from dundee and i know they will all be doing their best to tell everyone about our work...
Views: 262   Replies: 2
Last Post: Oct 29, 2008 4:10pm
by laurie
p
pie
Views: 306   Replies: 11
Last Post: Oct 28, 2008 1:51pm
by Chelseaa
hi
Hi everyone, I am Shaun aka shaun the smurf and I look forward to some banter over the days and months ahead ps will try and put together a poem for ya all soon
Views: 310   Replies: 21
Last Post: Oct 28, 2008 1:47pm
by Chelseaa
n
nobody
nothing
This pain i feel is too hard to bear, Never gone, it's always there. When i found out i felt my heart break, Seven months gone it's more than i could take. Two years have since passed me by, But one wee thing and it makes me cry. One stupid night and you ruined...
Views: 264   Replies: 11
Last Post: Oct 28, 2008 11:28am
by laurie
EAU! x
Got bored!:Z its pretty crap! but hey i did it fast:Px 18 and under oh what a wonder everyone there you know that they care make you smile they make you laugh oh ill tell you its a place and a half well we have got Sandra who's the best oh wait but what...
Views: 397   Replies: 12
Last Post: Oct 27, 2008 11:30pm
by Mumble
k
Katy
New Poem
Thought it was time for a more serious one! However my talents are not nearly as up to scratch as all these other posts! Hold onto your courage Hold onto your pride Hold onto your inner strength Don’t feel the need to hide Find a way to carry on And bat...
Views: 295   Replies: 10
Last Post: Oct 27, 2008 8:42am
by laurie
m
Mumble
need ear plugs
i would love to stay and reply to the posts but i have a dog whining in my ear! for anyone in the office tomorrow - take ear plugs with you. night night all xxxxxx be good! x
Views: 268   Replies: 3
Last Post: Oct 27, 2008 12:01am
by keiran the great
k
Katy
Just an idea
Violence Is Preventable Shout it loud and clear Scream it from the rooftops So everyone can hear Tell everyone around you That you’re a VIP And show them an alternative To violence so they see That Violence Is Preventable And they don’t have to f...
Views: 374   Replies: 15
Last Post: Oct 26, 2008 8:48pm
by Katy
m
Mumble
Violence Is Preventable
All your life you have been silenced Trapped by fear and trapped by violence Purple bruises on your skin Shows the struggles you could not win All the scars you have to hide Represent all your secrets inside Those who hurt you hurt you bad They took away every...
Views: 392   Replies: 10
Last Post: Oct 26, 2008 8:45pm
by shaun the smurf
the challenge
so here it does begin! a challenge of rythm and grace, and who i wonder will win? who will put who in their place?
Views: 304   Replies: 5
Last Post: Oct 26, 2008 8:31pm
by mystery
my poem
hes funky, great hair! everybody loves to stare, who is he? just guess! he has a muscly chest. ha ha now that is skill! let me know what you think lol K-Dog.
Views: 306   Replies: 14
Last Post: Oct 26, 2008 7:16pm
by keiran the great
a rival sonnet
Another Perspective Laurie’s in charge of a real mental crew Some of them old but lots of them new None of them cook but lots of them stew All of them eager to get to know you Web wizard Aileen keeps Internet hot In the hope we grow in the business slot...
Views: 244   Replies: 5
Last Post: Oct 26, 2008 6:50pm
by shaun the smurf
i duno!?
I learned to love and trust you now i don't know what I'm gonna do wont have you in my life anymore Ive honestly never felt any lower you said i haven't done anything wrong and it will all be ok, if i just stay strong but i find that really hard to do when i...
Views: 320   Replies: 18
Last Post: Oct 26, 2008 2:51pm
by keiran the great
a riddle
heres a riddle for anyone who wants to give it a go, good luck! A BRICK WEIGHS 7 POUNDS AND HALF A BRICK. HOW MUCH DOES DOES A BRICK AND A HALF WEIGH? answers below please!
Views: 290   Replies: 6
Last Post: Oct 26, 2008 9:57am
by jerri
m
Mumble
Smiling is Infectious
Smiling is infectious, you catch it like the flu, When someone smiled at me today, I started smiling too. I passed around the corner and someone saw my grin. When he smiled I realized I'd passed it on to him. I thought about that smile, then I realiz...
Views: 353   Replies: 7
Last Post: Oct 26, 2008 2:30am
by keiran the great
Poems For An Angel (Sm)
(Sm) Angel.. All this pain stuck inside all i could think about was suicide You took my hand and stood by my-side you told me i know longer have to hide Id been sent an angel who could set me free this angel was amazing never ashamed of me she gave me wi...
Views: 604   Replies: 12
Last Post: Oct 25, 2008 9:38pm
by Mumble
For 18 And Under x
Even when they say they do how do you know someone really cares about you? well... I used to be scared at night always afaird to turn of my light untill i found this place everyone there is tottaly ace! they make me laugh when i want to cry they say ive...
Views: 429   Replies: 11
Last Post: Oct 25, 2008 9:37pm
by Mumble
errrrrm
hey ho its me again cus i'm cool i was saying cheers by the way and i hink i have got over it ...(ma secret) but other days i dont mum and me are taking it real hard ...more mum ...so i am going to get mum help ... so here is the thing do you think i should or l...
Views: 227   Replies: 3
Last Post: Oct 18, 2008 3:56pm
by keiran the great
A PUBLIC THANK YOU!
Hi everyone, I would like to give a very special mention to a worker at 18 and under. Carol is a volunteer with us she not only does all the art work for us (which saves us thousands of pounds) she also cooks really fantastic lunches, stays up all night baking an...
Views: 280   Replies: 3
Last Post: Oct 18, 2008 3:53pm
by keiran the great
j
jerri
hello
hello everyone! how ya'll doing? whats new? i just got the internet on at home and i've been so excited and just want to go on it all the time but then have nothing to do. so if anyone has any idea's? lol. its great though cause its really hard to get on the interne...
Views: 273   Replies: 6
Last Post: Oct 18, 2008 3:42pm
by keiran the great
l
laura
love you guys!
Hiya everyone, how are you all? I miss coming up to the centre. i hope to see you soon. R.e. my call the other day - Sandra and Laurie you are my guardian angels! I love you guys! Have a good weekend, Speak soon xxx
Views: 243   Replies: 2
Last Post: Oct 18, 2008 3:32pm
by keiran the great
some poems i wrote
baby girl She goes to her room and turns off the light holding jay jay she climbs into bed tonight she looks out the window and up at the sky as a tear slowly drops as she blinks her eye so many thoughts she keeps locked inside such a big world but theres n...
Views: 326   Replies: 9
Last Post: Oct 18, 2008 3:21pm
by keiran the great
:) lol
hello i dunno what to say but i think thanks for coming to see me is a good start didn't make it go away but it helped alot and i know it did take alot of funding so thanks lots of love shannon XXXXxxxxXXXXX
Views: 287   Replies: 2
Last Post: Sep 13, 2008 10:21pm
by shannon :)
j
Jerri
sandra
hiya sandra, i got your email, but not been able to send one back to you and dont have your phone number. was just saying though that if you cant make it in today, or your still too ill, maybe you could phone me instead so we can chat? dont know why email wasnt worki...
Views: 330   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 11, 2008 9:08am
by Jerri
s
Sandra
Sorry
Hi I am just posting a little note to say Hi and also to let you know that I am not feeling too good at the mo and not been in work. Its only a flu but I am not to go into the office in case I make anyone else ill! I think I have already did this oops! sorry x x...
Views: 328   Replies: 4
Last Post: Sep 10, 2008 10:09am
by Jerri
My m8
hi my m8 has bin gettin help 4m one of the support workers 4m you guys nd she told me abot u's so thought id ask if thrs sum1 id be able 2 talk to about stuff just realy nd 2 tlk 2 b truthful my email is taylorjaybaby@live.co.uk if u cnt its al cool.
Views: 323   Replies: 2
Last Post: Sep 10, 2008 10:05am
by Jerri
k
kelly
Ummm?
i dont really know what speak to anyone on this site is going to do but i really need help dont wanna meet anyone though because im to freaked out but is there another way i could speak to someone? xxx
Views: 324   Replies: 3
Last Post: Sep 8, 2008 12:48pm
by Jerri
k
Katy
Hello
Thought I'd better write something and say hello :) Im Katy and I work full time at Eighteen And Under just now - soon to be part time as uni starts soon :( Really impressed with how much has been posted on the message board so keep up the good work everyone :)
Views: 265   Replies: 1
Last Post: Sep 4, 2008 9:33pm
by Sandra
l
laura
little hello
Just wanted to post a little note to say thankyou for your help and support. I'll not leave it so long before coming back this time...and hey, maybe my skills can be of use one day! Laurie, Karen, Sandra, Irene...you guys rule! If only i'd found you sooner...fancy a...
Views: 287   Replies: 5
Last Post: Aug 31, 2008 5:14pm
by laura
m
Mhairi
hi everyone
hi everyone my name is Mhairi I have been doin volunteer work with 18 and under for nearly a month now i think it is a great place and the bes thing i have done in a long time The staff in here are awesome I enjoy workin there it is good
Views: 298   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jul 30, 2008 11:15am
by Jerri
Help for a friend
A friend of mine has been sexually abused, and say that her parents won't listen to her, and don't care. This is the 3rd time, and it is gang related, so I think it is likely to happen again. Any advice on what she can do?
Views: 329   Replies: 5
Last Post: Jul 22, 2008 8:36am
by Jerri
l
laurie
T in the Park
Hey.....guess what? I am going to T in the Park this weekend! And....the rain has stopped raining so it's gonna be great! Is everyone jealous? I will get lots of pictures and see if i can work out how to get some of them put on the web site.
Views: 301   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jul 14, 2008 8:36am
by Jerri
j
Jerri
hi everyone
i'd just like to say hi to everyone. my name's jerri and i'm the new support worker for Izzy's Promise but i'm going to be posting on this forum aswell if everyone is alright with that? also anyone can email me any time to talk or ask about anything they want. my add...
Views: 291   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jul 11, 2008 8:44pm
by laurie
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Free Forum powered by Bravenet