18u Message Board

Welcome to our message board. If you need help,or just want to talk to someone you can leave a message here, but please don't give out any personal details (home addresses,telephone numbers).

We will respect your confidentiality unless we we are told about a serious crime or any child at risk Then we might have to talk to someone about it to get help.

18u Message Board
This Forum is Locked
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Topic
Author
Views
Replies
Last Post
s
Susan
A Fond Farewell
Hi All, As some may know we had to say a very sad farewell to our office companion, Chilli. She had suffered badly with her mouth and it was finally time to let her go. Irene and I took her to the vet and although it was a very sad day for us both we knew it w...
Views: 212   Replies: 7
Last Post: Apr 19, 2010 11:49pm
by Rose
a
Anon
Thank you
"thank you for your help over the Easter holidays"
Views: 235   Replies: 1
Last Post: Apr 18, 2010 1:14pm
by Katy
BEEEEEEEE .
heyy peoplee anyone found my little friendly bee yettt
Views: 272   Replies: 4
Last Post: Mar 28, 2010 9:48pm
by gillian
s
sand H
I cant believe:
I cant believe that this is September already. W didnt have much of a summer this year. Laurie only had 1 barbeque!!!! I cant believe we have come so far this year, after all the stuff happening with the very large organisation, didnt think it would end....it has...
Views: 651   Replies: 35
Last Post: Mar 20, 2010 3:48pm
by gillian
Long time no see :(
Hi guys, It's Chrissy. Just wanted to post a message saying sorry that I haven't been in the centre for a while. Have been finding alot of things really difficult to cope with for the past few weeks, especially with anxiety and have been finding it difficult t...
Views: 259   Replies: 1
Last Post: Mar 20, 2010 2:40pm
by Katy
l
Lexi
Hi
I just wanted to say what you all do is amazing. I wish there was somewhere I could go that was like this. I live too far away for you all to help me :'( I am just so alone and have no-one I can talk to. Its good you are helping so many other people like me tho. &#...
Views: 481   Replies: 15
Last Post: Mar 10, 2010 9:31pm
by Katy
s
Susan
Hi
Hey all. Just thought I would say hello to everyone since it's ages since I have been on here. Hope all is ok. Susan
Views: 280   Replies: 6
Last Post: Mar 5, 2010 12:16am
by gillian
a
Aileen
18u website re-vamped
New website is now up and running. Let us know what you think. Anything else you would like to see? Let us know that too!
Views: 288   Replies: 6
Last Post: Feb 13, 2010 10:36am
by laurie
a
Aileen
I hate Gnats!
I hate gnats, gnus and gnomes knockers, knickers, knacks The English language does my head in Gnawing through the cracks. The psychology of silent p’s… Double ll’s and single b’s Subtle difference – seas and seize Not forgetting...
Views: 264   Replies: 2
Last Post: Feb 10, 2010 9:11am
by Susan
l
laurie
Anyone made any resolutions for 2010?
Well has anyone made any? and if so, what are they? i have made a resolution to stop being such a softy and start being tough especially with all my staff. my 2nd resolution is to walk the dog more often. (once the snow goes away) and my 3rd resolution is to writ...
Views: 305   Replies: 10
Last Post: Feb 9, 2010 1:20pm
by shaun the smurf
hi
hi all i would like to thank 18 and under for all the things that have happend to me and for the support i would like to appologise if i have done anything wrong in the past year or so that i was with you all thanx kevin
Views: 263   Replies: 2
Last Post: Feb 2, 2010 3:17pm
by shaun the smurf
l
laurie
Where have all the poets gone?
Poetry used to flow across this empty post Friendship seemed to grow With words and rhymes to boast People used to rhyme Amazing poets with style Guess they don't have time to post here for a while.
Views: 254   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jan 26, 2010 8:55pm
by Aileen
christmas and new year !!!
hiyaa. people did everyone have agood christmas and new year?
Views: 314   Replies: 9
Last Post: Jan 24, 2010 11:45pm
by gillian
Jobs.!
hya wonderingif anyone can helpi was looking at the jobs and you havone for a office junior im doing at college just wanting o know if this is full/part time?? thanks xx
Views: 283   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jan 13, 2010 10:35am
by shaunnie
c
Ceri
Nightmare
I was abused as a child, and have dealt with the emotional issues very well, up until now. Recently I started to have torturous nightmares of the abuse I used to suffer, and it's affecting my relationships so much.My abuse ended when my mum left my biological dad, I...
Views: 270   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jan 9, 2010 9:24pm
by C
christmas
Merrry christmas everyone hope yous have a fab day tomorrro xxx
Views: 318   Replies: 6
Last Post: Dec 28, 2009 12:32am
by gillian
c
C
Secondary survivor
Hi everyone, I feel very alone. Someone very close to me is an abuse survivor. I've known for a long time that they are a survivor. I felt a little bit affected by what happened to them before, although at this moment in time I feel overwhelmed by it all. I'm...
Views: 350   Replies: 2
Last Post: Dec 24, 2009 8:18am
by laurie
s
sand H
friends christians romans....etc
Once a year, I come onto the message board and say a few words. This year is no exception. The work that we have done throughout this year has been immense. Despite a problem looming over us......that was never a problem in the first place.......we were never told...
Views: 265   Replies: 0
Last Post: Dec 22, 2009 9:45pm
by sand H
l
Laurie
Anyone want to go to Poland?
translation of violence is preventable resources into Polish is well underway. We now need partners in Poland and opportunities are presenting fast. Might need to send someone there soon. Any offers to go?
Views: 325   Replies: 10
Last Post: Dec 22, 2009 9:26pm
by sand H
s
sand H
A MERRY XMAS?
MERRY CHRISTMAS Ah'm a little fairy On tap o' the Christmas Tree It's no' a joab I fancy Well how would you like tae be me Am tarted up wi' tinsel It's enough to mak ye boak An a couple o' jaggy branches Rammed up the back o' your frock An' these wee l...
Views: 262   Replies: 0
Last Post: Dec 22, 2009 9:09pm
by sand H
l
Laura
cheers
Hey everyone, Just wanted to wish you all a really happy and peaceful Christmas. Thanks so much to Laurie and co! :) for your advice when i popped in last week. I really think what you're all doing at 18u is amazing - this world needs people like you to figh...
Views: 255   Replies: 3
Last Post: Dec 20, 2009 11:07pm
by Laura
e
Emma
Living with a drug addict?
We're making a TV drama to highlight what it's like to live with a parent who is addicted to drugs. We're keen to email/or speak to young people who can tell us what this is really like. It's all anonymous. It would be great to hear from you if this is your exp...
Views: 261   Replies: 0
Last Post: Dec 15, 2009 2:53pm
by Emma
i need to talk to someone :(
can you help i need to talk to someone i dont live in dundee but i would like to speak :(
Views: 319   Replies: 6
Last Post: Dec 10, 2009 9:05pm
by Katy
s
sophie
re flash back
I had a really bad day today at school because i had a flash back of the abuse i went thr with my dad . it was so difficuit i ran out of school and i got really scared. my life seem to just have one thing ather other don't think i can take much more of this. i just g...
Views: 370   Replies: 8
Last Post: Dec 7, 2009 6:42pm
by Katy
HELP
hi im pregnant ,but i was sexually abused what can i do?
Views: 382   Replies: 21
Last Post: Nov 30, 2009 9:53pm
by unknown
s
SARAH
hooker
HELLO!OK I HAVE BEEN ABUSED SO MANY TIMES AND I AM A HOOKER! AM REALLY FINDING IT HARD TO STOP CAUSE THAT IS WHERE I GET MY MONEY FROM I KNOW AM TOO YOUNG TO BE A HOOKER CAUSE I AM ONLY 12 AND IREALLY NEED HELP WHICH I DONT GET.
Views: 357   Replies: 15
Last Post: Nov 28, 2009 10:11pm
by SARAH
a
Aileen
Our first quarterly newsletter
Hi - our first quarterly newsletter is now available. See the link below, or you can get it via the front page of the 18u site. http://www.18u.org.uk/no%20quarter%201109.pdf
Views: 225   Replies: 0
Last Post: Nov 27, 2009 12:12pm
by Aileen
November
oh my god! its november already .its christmas soon
Views: 285   Replies: 9
Last Post: Nov 27, 2009 9:30am
by gilllian
s
sand H
work reports
work reports work reports what do they mean The Directors can see us working as a team The work is a lot and the fun is still there But we have to keep calm with professional flare The Borg they are still there waiting to pounce If one of the rules, anyone wou...
Views: 278   Replies: 1
Last Post: Nov 20, 2009 11:27pm
by gillian
s
sand H
Where have all the workers gone..............
Where have all the workers gone A long time passing Where have all the workers gone Long time ago Where have all the workers gone They have all got classes everyone When will they ever learn? When will they ever learn? Where have all the workers gone? A lo...
Views: 303   Replies: 6
Last Post: Nov 17, 2009 8:22am
by sand H
l
laurie
The Borg!
Those of us who encountered the borg first hand know all about how everyone must conform and be assimulated into the 'body of the hidden agenda'. Luckily, some of us escaped, though the borg stalks us as I write. They seek a weakness within the ranks. There is no wea...
Views: 497   Replies: 13
Last Post: Nov 12, 2009 7:21pm
by sand H
s
sand H
Under the Rainbow
I read an article in the Dundee Courier last night and was dismayed at what I read. The article was on page 4 of the paper and had a headline of: "CONFIDENT SCHOOLS NOT HOMOPHOBIC" Now isn't that wonderful. Dundee Education Convener Liz Fordyce has insisted that ho...
Views: 320   Replies: 4
Last Post: Nov 6, 2009 7:52am
by sand H
l
laurie
launch
Katy didn't get hurt but did any of you see sandra stand on the chair to put up a banner and fall through it getting both legs stuck? she was jammed tight in the chair, with her wee legs dangling unable to touch the ground. shaun was trying to get the chair off her b...
Views: 254   Replies: 3
Last Post: Nov 3, 2009 10:11am
by gillian
m
Mila
dilemma of non reflective student
reflecting on my lack of reflections in my non existent diary.well i have always been affected by this frenzy of doing something opposite!So if i had a math exam I would suddenly discover I NEEED to read Tolstoy's 'War and Peace'or learn about misteries of physical a...
Views: 312   Replies: 8
Last Post: Oct 30, 2009 10:56pm
by laura
The LGBT DVD LAUNCH
Hiya Guys the launch in edinburgh was fantastic and Katy never hurt herself when katy goes out of dundee somthing normally happens not today so that really goood.. there is another launch in the office tomorro hope you's have a great day .. xxx
Views: 316   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 23, 2009 11:50pm
by gillian
k
Katy
October already
Hiya everyone. Just a quick post to say that i hope everyone is doing ok. I realised there hadn't been a post for october yet so thought i would be the first. Take care everyone. Katy
Views: 303   Replies: 10
Last Post: Oct 15, 2009 8:09pm
by Gillian
k
Katy
The Disaster Known As Katy
Hey everyone, how you all doing? I was hoping to try and post earlier during the week but it really has been an absolutely mental week - Keiran failed to mention I was in Glasgow too!! Presumably he is trying to block it from his mind! Anyway, my story goes like t...
Views: 377   Replies: 4
Last Post: Sep 27, 2009 10:07pm
by gillian
k
k dog
swiss/france day 4/1
I am now in some rural part of the France/Switzerland border near geneva. The drive back from Milan was great, back through the mighty alps! I stopped at the side of the road at one point and spent a half hour reading a book which has parts based on mountains in t...
Views: 332   Replies: 9
Last Post: Sep 27, 2009 10:04pm
by gillian
k
k dog
swiss day 5
HEY YOU GUuUuUuUuUuUYSSSSS!!!!!! IM BACK BABY WOO! Apologies for the late post, its literally the first chance iv had to post since my last evening in Switzerland, but il come to that, first! The last day! After checking out of my not 3 bad hotel I decided to...
Views: 300   Replies: 2
Last Post: Sep 25, 2009 6:24pm
by Katy
k
k dog
swiss/italy day 3/1
Today was much more fun! No meetings to go to, just me, my rental car, European roads stretching in all directions, and the office credit card! (lol the last bit is a joke of course) So I checked out of my rubbish hotel and decided to head for Italy, all I will sa...
Views: 298   Replies: 6
Last Post: Sep 24, 2009 9:57pm
by k dog
k
k dog
swiss day 2
Well today started well! And this should be a short post because its actually gone quite smoothly! The only ‘keiran moment’ was on the drive to day 2 of the meeting, I left the hotel in good time, found breakfast AND red bull, all was going great right...
Views: 295   Replies: 6
Last Post: Sep 24, 2009 9:56pm
by k dog
k
k dog
swiss day 1
So . . I slept in my clothes last night, and woke up 4 hours later with my alarm going off, I stumbled out of bed and thought, man, I stink! But I aint using that dirty shower lol! Then I rediscovered that I had had to chuck away my deodorant, hair gel and toothpa...
Views: 315   Replies: 2
Last Post: Sep 19, 2009 12:01am
by Gillian
k
k dog
switzerland, de arrive!
Ok so the journey went well, no problems other than having to bin my expensive hair gel at security! Lol which is minor compared to my usual problems! So in summary I had an uneventful drive to Manchester, parked no problem, an uneventful flight to geneva, and then...
Views: 276   Replies: 4
Last Post: Sep 17, 2009 7:38pm
by k dog
k
k dog
switzerland, the journey there!
is well underway! lol yes ok so what with still having to pack etc i didnt have time to post this morning, although im not sure why i said i would anyway, there cant be anything interesting before i even get there! so i will post tonight instead. gotta go th...
Views: 305   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 16, 2009 4:54pm
by k dog
k
k dog
the all new . . . daily diary!!!!!!
HEYYYYY!!! guess what! i am once again being sent away to a strange new land to deliver the message of VIOLENCE IS PREVENTABLE! now what this means for you is . . . that you get to read my all new daily travel diary! first post just before i leave tomoro (wed)m...
Views: 256   Replies: 1
Last Post: Sep 16, 2009 2:21pm
by Katy
l
laurie
publishing the poetry
okay people, the good news is that i have raised some money now to get some of this fab stuff put into a book form but not quite enough to publish it yet though. in real terms, this means that i can get our designer to design the book, maybe put on the internet as an...
Views: 293   Replies: 1
Last Post: Sep 11, 2009 10:36am
by sand H
l
laurie
jaksyn
hey, who thinks jaksyn was the best bike rider ever and so cute as he cycled the bridge? not bad for a 2 year old. well done jaksyn. incidently he raise 2K for us.
Views: 359   Replies: 6
Last Post: Sep 7, 2009 8:33pm
by sand H
j
Jerri
Hi Laura
Hey Laura, something weird happened, when i replied to your post it vanished! Laurie is trying to work out what happened. Just thought i'd let you know
Views: 289   Replies: 5
Last Post: Sep 6, 2009 11:17pm
by laura
j
Jerri
Party!
Hi there, Just wanted to make sure everyone knew 18 And Under is having a Fancy Dress competition party on the 29th of August. It is a fundraising event and there will be loads of fun stuff there, karaoke and great people. There will also be the grand revealing of...
Views: 424   Replies: 18
Last Post: Sep 1, 2009 10:03pm
by laurie
k
k dog
T-MINUS 3 DAYS . . .
... AND COUNTING! lol, yes people thats right, just 3 days till the cycling event of the year, now if you dont know what im talking about, WHY NOT?? lol and if you havent yet sponsored one of the cycle team members WHY ON EARTH NOT!!!!???? do it now! K
Views: 317   Replies: 4
Last Post: Aug 30, 2009 12:05am
by laura
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Free Forum powered by Bravenet