18u Message Board

Welcome to our message board. If you need help,or just want to talk to someone you can leave a message here, but please don't give out any personal details (home addresses,telephone numbers).

We will respect your confidentiality unless we we are told about a serious crime or any child at risk Then we might have to talk to someone about it to get help.

18u Message Board
This Forum is Locked
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Topic
Author
Views
Replies
Last Post
k
k dog
the adventures of keiran
so you want to know about my friday night do you? well then gather round people and i will tell you a tale . . . now before i should go any further with this you need to know a little bit about my weekend job (yes i am so great that i have 2 jobs) on a friday...
Views: 323   Replies: 2
Last Post: Aug 3, 2009 9:24am
by k dog
l
Laura
quick qu.
Seems a bit silly starting a new post for one little reason, but i didn't want to cloud the warriors tales with my little question! Will anyone be about in 18u tomorrow around 12.30/1ish? Im in dundee before work and have been meaning to pop in for ages! Yes, ages!...
Views: 311   Replies: 3
Last Post: Aug 3, 2009 9:21am
by k dog
l
laurie
sandra is letting the country down
well folks, i have a sad tale to tell here. we have guests staying who are from other countries. one is from down under...the land of oz and the other is from england...well she says she's really welsh! anyway, they arrived and we had a few drinks before bed. the n...
Views: 481   Replies: 8
Last Post: Jul 25, 2009 11:58pm
by gillian
k
Katy
Lincoln!!
Hi everyone. I am here to tell you about the worst trip both myself and Jerri have ever had in our whole lifes. For any of you that don't know, Jerri and I went to Lincoln for work from Wednesday until Friday and were planning a visit to Alton Towers on the way...
Views: 374   Replies: 5
Last Post: Jul 24, 2009 10:01pm
by Laura
k
Katy
Helloooooooooo?
Well it is awfully quiet in here - anybody out there? If so remember who have our fundraiser week coming up from the 22nd-29th august. Anyone interested in helping out or sponsoring anyone then please get in touch. And as always, feel free to drop in to the office...
Views: 317   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jul 21, 2009 11:38am
by Katy
a
Aileen
18u now on twitter
Yes we are - for live updates on fundraising and other interesting tit-bits. Follow us at http://twitter.com/18u
Views: 350   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jul 14, 2009 11:03am
by Aileen
k
K-dog
FUND! FUND! FUND! (& fun)
HELLO people of the message boardeth! are thou well? pray! what news? anyhoo, after much planning and deliberationeth thy loyal subjects at the 18U palace have come up with thiseth! that from hence forth the 22nd to the 29th of Augaust is declared our fundin...
Views: 369   Replies: 10
Last Post: Jun 16, 2009 11:17pm
by laura
Somebody
To tell out loud is hard, practically impossible, You'll let the baddies win, it's most improbable, It's time to stop and take a stand, And we'll be here to hold your hand, You cant give in and go away, I need you here, you have to stay. You don't need to tremb...
Views: 335   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jun 11, 2009 10:57am
by K-dog
n
Nobody
Nothing
I wish there was a way inside Some words that I could find To let you know what’s going on And share what’s on my mind Each time it proves too difficult I take it as a sign That I’m not meant to talk because The sinning is all mine I cannot...
Views: 363   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jun 11, 2009 10:56am
by K-dog
v
Vip
What I Teach
I'm a VIP, I'll say for all to hear, I'm a VIP, I'll shout it loud and clear, I'm in Laurie's Army, I'm safe and strong and free, I'm in Laurie's Army, you can never hurt me. Let's stop all violence, lets stop all pain, Lets make violence never again. I'm a VIP...
Views: 365   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jun 10, 2009 9:28am
by K-dog
k
Katy
Poetry Book
Hi everyone. Hope you are all ok. I just thought i would give you a quick update on how things are progessing about the poetry book Laurie mentioned a while back. Keiran and myself attended a very posh three course lunch in the Hilton hotel in dundee today. Besid...
Views: 330   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jun 3, 2009 11:22pm
by K-dog
Cartoon Characters from A - Z
easy game. one post at a time in alphabetical order for cartoon characters. x
Views: 498   Replies: 35
Last Post: May 26, 2009 10:37pm
by Jerri
l
laurie
poetry/fun book
I have applied for some money to get a small book published with some of the contents of this message board. first, i have to say that i don't have the money yet but am hopeful. i keep reading brilliant poetry here and other good stuff and think that some should be s...
Views: 364   Replies: 4
Last Post: May 25, 2009 8:08pm
by Susan
k
Katy
Hi
Hi everyone. Just a quick note to say I'm sorry I haven't been on the board the last while. I've been off ill the last couple of weeks but I am hoping to get back into work properly next week. Hope everyone is doing ok. Katy P.S Before Keiran says anything i d...
Views: 369   Replies: 4
Last Post: May 16, 2009 11:16pm
by Katy
j
Jerri
Views: 332   Replies: 7
Last Post: May 8, 2009 9:47pm
by laurie
16, pregnant, homless what can i do :-(
i am 16 I am female and also.. %%bbCodeItem_1%%[/u] but i dont knw what to do money wize, or how to handle a baby, to be honest i dont know how to handle myself sometimes, , but most of all i have bad self confedence issues, a boyfriend that isnt very suport...
Views: 363   Replies: 3
Last Post: Apr 26, 2009 8:06pm
by K-dog
k
K-dog
car name
hey for anyone who ont know iv been trying to come up with a name for my beautiful car, im gonna have it put on the side in cool writing, it will be small though like 1 inch letters (like in the film sex drive) anyway these are what i have so far tell me what you...
Views: 332   Replies: 1
Last Post: Apr 26, 2009 3:12pm
by Katy
l
laurie
15 years of 18u...happy birthday to us
On the 23rd April 1994, I began work on what was then called the Young Women's Project. In a tiny corner at Dundee Rape Crisis premises, the very unpopular project was born. 2 name changes have happened, males finally included after a long fight, 15 long years passed...
Views: 377   Replies: 9
Last Post: Apr 21, 2009 8:46pm
by Jerri
k
K-dog
whats happening in the centre! (as requested lol)
well i cant speak for everyone else! (maybe they will post lol) but i have been a busy bee at work! most recently i have been working on press releases, i had a good sized (500 words) article in TFN newspaper which i was well pleased with (it was about what had happ...
Views: 359   Replies: 4
Last Post: Apr 20, 2009 5:51pm
by Katy
k
Katy
Hi everyone
Hi everyone. Hope you have all had a good weekend, the weather has been amazing so that's something i suppose. We have all been off work for a long weekend which i wasn't looking forward to at all but it's turned out to be great and a nice break - apart from me being...
Views: 345   Replies: 2
Last Post: Apr 19, 2009 4:00pm
by laura
k
K-dog
visiting schools etc in style
WHHOOOO OO O HHHOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i just passed my moto bike test! which means il be cruising in style to all the VIP meetings and sessions. what you think about that!
Views: 359   Replies: 4
Last Post: Apr 15, 2009 10:34am
by K-dog
Nursery Rhymes
How Many nursery rhymes/stories can you remember? one at a time x
Views: 365   Replies: 17
Last Post: Apr 8, 2009 10:28pm
by laura
Dog Breeds from A - Z
list one breed at a time and work through the alphabet. x
Views: 410   Replies: 14
Last Post: Mar 30, 2009 9:10pm
by Susan
k
K-dog
romeo and juliet part 1
ACT I PROLOGUE Two families, both of equal high standing, In bonnie Dundee, where this tale is told, From an ancient grudge breaks new trouble, Where gangland blood, makes gangland hands unclean. From the parents of these two enemies, A pair of misfated lover...
Views: 429   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 27, 2009 10:01am
by K-dog
a
Anon
Poem
I wonder where my body ends And where the world begins For I’m forever floating Disconnected from my skin My limbs become the first to drift As paralysis starts to contract Surveying it all from a distance Whilst I prepare myself for the attack Each br...
Views: 390   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 26, 2009 10:30pm
by Anon
j
Jerri
SXSW is over
Howdy y'all! well thats the end of South By South west, (the 5 day music festival in Austin Texas). it has been amazing, met loads of great people, saw loads of really awesome bands and just generally had an amazing time. not missing home at all, and not missing...
Views: 352   Replies: 3
Last Post: Mar 22, 2009 10:31pm
by K-dog
k
K-dog
romeo and juliet
it has come to my attention, that some young people find the masterpiece film romeo and juliet boring! apparently this is because they (like many) struggle with the language, so i thought i might rewrite the story for dundee, anyone interested? i dont wanna...
Views: 417   Replies: 3
Last Post: Mar 22, 2009 9:25pm
by BabyRainbow
a
Anon
A Rock
I am a rock I am dependable Reliable I will never break No one will ever see inside I show no emotion No feeling I am an object Of lonely existence I will not speak a word I do not sleep Breathe Feel I am a rock; I do not laugh I do not cry I cannot...
Views: 367   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 20, 2009 10:34pm
by Anon
j
Jerri
Hey everyone
Howdy all ya'll. i'm still in texas and this is the first chance i've had to come say hi. dont know if i'll geton again, i can check the board on my mobile but i cant post. hope everyone is ok and missing me...i know katy is lol. its been really hot here, about 30...
Views: 311   Replies: 2
Last Post: Mar 19, 2009 12:12pm
by Katy
a
A Poem
Rollercoaster
My life is full of ups and downs A rollercoaster ride Faster and faster then out of control Where gravity does not abide It starts with a mood going up and then down Falling further as though it might crash A loop the loop when my heart seems to stop Taking ov...
Views: 352   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 18, 2009 9:03pm
by A Poem
k
Katy
I wish
Ok I don’t know how well this will work and it’s hard to explain but I’ll give it a shot. Basically somebody posts a wish – any wish. The person to reply grants their wish but with a funky twist and makes a wish of their own and so it contin...
Views: 358   Replies: 15
Last Post: Mar 15, 2009 8:50pm
by Susan
k
Katy
Outdo Somebody
This game is about out-doing the person above you! Someone can post something they either have done or totally made up and the next person to post would post something to out-do the person above and then write a new one. For example, “I watched all the films...
Views: 365   Replies: 10
Last Post: Mar 14, 2009 3:19am
by K-dog
k
Katy
Rate the song
Somebody posts the name of a song – any song it doesn’t matter. The next person to post rates the song on a scale of 1-10 (1 being rubbish up to 10 being great) and then that person would post the name of a new song to be rated and so on and so forth....
Views: 331   Replies: 10
Last Post: Mar 13, 2009 10:15pm
by Susan
k
Katy
HELP!!!
Right everyone I am in need of your help! It has come to my attention that a number of young people think the message board is boring and I'm glad people have said this as the message board is here for you all. I think with our new chat room being set up recently t...
Views: 349   Replies: 6
Last Post: Mar 13, 2009 9:34pm
by Katy
k
Katy
Devise A Plot
This one is about devising a plot. Somebody starts it off with a one liner about anything and then the next person posts a second line and so on until we have our very own message board plot! “A shady looking group (eg Katy, Jerri, Keiran Shaun, Susan, Iren...
Views: 369   Replies: 9
Last Post: Mar 13, 2009 12:17pm
by Aileen
Hi
Hello, Iam Chloe and iam one of the children that the VIPs go to my school =]
Views: 327   Replies: 5
Last Post: Feb 27, 2009 5:44pm
by NeverBelieve
s
Susan
Hello!
OK so now I'm here and it looks very quiet. Is that because I said I would go on. Lol. Looks like most have a more exciting life than I do. Anyway see you all soon.
Views: 335   Replies: 3
Last Post: Feb 26, 2009 9:28pm
by Jerri
k
K-dog
thanks aileen!
a big sloppy thank you for our wonderful web wizard aileen for putting up these here sticky things, it was an idea only 4 hours ago and thanks to aileen its already a reality! cheers dude
Views: 306   Replies: 2
Last Post: Feb 26, 2009 1:47pm
by Aileen
a
Aileen
New survey for young people
Hi - just to let you all know there's a new survey on the 18u home page for young people to complete with their views about 18u. It's completely anonymous so you can say anything you like - just be has honest and constructive as you can. Thanking you!
Views: 363   Replies: 2
Last Post: Feb 25, 2009 8:55pm
by Susan
a
Aileen
A mantra
I think we need a mantra - tough times need positive thoughts....here goes with one of mine. Hope it helps. I am my power I am my light I build my tower Brave my night I'm my beginning And my end My heart, my soul, My joy, my frien...
Views: 364   Replies: 6
Last Post: Feb 22, 2009 11:32pm
by K-dog
k
Katy
Best Weekend Ever
Hi everyone - hope you all had a good weekend! Mines was ace apart from the fact im so dizzy i can barely stand up right now but my weekend makes up for it! lol i got insured on jerri's car and it was completely free to do!! We were out for a drive anyway in dundee w...
Views: 305   Replies: 2
Last Post: Feb 22, 2009 8:07pm
by Jerri
j
Jerri
US
WE'RE HOME!!!! i cant think what else to say lol
Views: 333   Replies: 2
Last Post: Feb 19, 2009 7:35am
by shaun the smurf
k
K-dog
amsterdam ye baby ye
Hey peeps! We all made it safe to the dam! Although sean was a bit wary of flying my gentle support really helped him through it and that was nice. In the dam it’s pretty cool, the streets are all tiny! And the buildings are HHHUUUUUUUGGGE (tall) that...
Views: 301   Replies: 2
Last Post: Feb 18, 2009 9:49pm
by Katy
k
K-dog
a name?
all these posts about peoples cars and their names! got me feeling kinda bad cause my poor car doesnt have one! (well i refer to it as the beast or the slayer(as in scooby slayer)) so i wondered if anyone had any ideas? copy and paste this http://www.acel...
Views: 315   Replies: 5
Last Post: Feb 15, 2009 11:08pm
by laura
k
Katy
Child Protection - Your Say
Hi everyone, hope you are all ok. Although i have put up posters around the office i thought i would post on here as well in case some of you haven't been in. On Thursday 19th February from half five until half seven Ian Barron from Dundee University will be in the o...
Views: 364   Replies: 5
Last Post: Feb 15, 2009 10:57pm
by laura
k
Katy
Amsterdam!
Hey dudes just to let you all know that jerri, shaun, keiran, sandra and me will be off to amsterdam from monday to wednesday - can't wait! Keep up all the good work on the message board and speak to you all when we get back! x
Views: 290   Replies: 6
Last Post: Feb 15, 2009 10:52pm
by K-dog
a
Aileen
Something to do on a Sunday afternoon - invent a fruit!
A FRUITY BOON! I found an orange nana that was shaped just like an apple. Its skin was pitted evenly with rusty coloured dapple. I felt I had a winner here – so rare you couldn’t topple. So I took a patent out on it and christened it ‘banopple...
Views: 338   Replies: 2
Last Post: Feb 15, 2009 7:51pm
by Jerri
l
laurie
print?
there is so much clever, brilliant and creative stuff on this board that i think we should get some of it printed so it can be shared more widely. What do you all think? some of the poems are sooo amazing, so are the stories and the fun is such fun. Can we...should w...
Views: 285   Replies: 6
Last Post: Feb 15, 2009 5:29pm
by laurie
s
Sand
Well, hello to you loverly lot!!!! I was sitting here tonight reading all the posts. From Keiran and his telescopic adventures in the middle of the night when we are all blissfuly unaware of his antics...... red 'SPORTS CAR?"" When did you get that then????? I though...
Views: 320   Replies: 10
Last Post: Feb 15, 2009 3:49pm
by laura
a
Aileen
A new challenge - compose a Drabble!
A drabble is a short story in exactly 100 words - no more, no less. It's a great exercise for getting you to focus on exactly whay you want to say, whilst being creative at the same time. Here's one I wrote earlier - can you do it too? Go on, have a go! _______...
Views: 361   Replies: 10
Last Post: Feb 14, 2009 9:29pm
by laurie
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Free Forum powered by Bravenet